Now is the time to fund someone to go to the 2015 hair loss congress.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • breakbot
    • Feb 2014

Man i wish i could contribute also but you know, i'm Greek...

Comment

• inbrugge
      • Oct 2013

why is the patent of sm so important?

i am willing to chip in, but i would like to know the total amount of funds that needs to be raised, and what it will be spent on.

Comment

• Desmond84
        • Oct 2012

Hey guys, I'm happy to chip in for someone to attend the congress again this year.

If we could get enough money together, we should preferably send 2 ppl as I had a lot of trouble keeping up with all the talks, preping the camera, running to the next talk and trying to do interviews.

P.S. We should under no circumstance present ourselves as the media or journalists. We should introduce ourselves as a "representative from the Hair Loss forum or a potential PhD student looking for a topic to do their research on".

As soon as you mention you are part of the general public or a journalist you will be shut out and if you make it in most researchers will keep their distance from you.

That is at least what I gathered from last year

Comment

• Desmond84
          • Oct 2012

Hellouser and Arashi have my vote as long as they are available of course

Comment

• nameless
            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Desmond84
            I only suggested the idea of presenting as media because that is what I thought you did last time and you got GREAT access to the speakers. I'll go along with whatever you say about how our participant should present himself because you would know what's best about that. But I do not want to fund Arishi going to the Congress. He's entirely too paranoid, argumentative, and unintelligent. Plus I don't like him. I'm unable to contribute to him going to the Congress. He attacks me every chance he gets. Sorry. I can't chip in one dime towards him going on a trip.

We really only need one person because the key issues will be Replicel/shisheido and SM04554. These two are the meat and potatoes and all of the other topics will be gravy.

Comment

• Ziggyz123
              • Feb 2015

I vote hellouser for sure. I'll chip in, just let me know how I can do my part. This years is going to yield some real insight.

Comment

• nameless
                • Feb 2013

Hellouser of course, but not Arishi. I can't chip in if Arishi is involved. If Arishi is not involved I will chip in at least $100 and maybe as much as $200. Hellouser is plenty smart so he can do this and there is already AT LEAST one other person from the forum going to so that person could work with Hellouser if Hellouser needs help.

Comment

• Dimoxynil
                  • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Ziggyz123
                  I vote hellouser for sure. I'll chip in, just let me know how I can do my part. This years is going to yield some real insight.
                  I vote Desmond. Done a great job last time

Comment

• joachim
                    • May 2014

Originally posted by Desmond84
                    hey desmond, what about you? are you interested in visiting the congress this year as well? i would say you and hellouser would be the perfect choice.
                    just say yes and you'll get our money :-)

arashi would also be a good candidate, but he and hellouser are not the best friends anymore :-)

furthermore, if you meet beren atac at the congress again, don't hesitate to take her out for a dinner, a samba dance and whatelse.
                    it will loosen her tongue a bit, and it may happen she reveals all the DP culturing secrets to you after ending up in the hotel room. don't be shy, man

Comment

• losthair85
                      • Oct 2013

Desmond would get my primary vote.

One thing to not overlook is that he did this last year, as he knows what to expect (key point!), and his experience will prove invaluable in doing an even better job this year. Also some researchers will recognize him, I think he gives the best return on investment by the community.

Having said that, I'd be more than happy if Hellouser joined him..

Comment

• losthair85
                        • Oct 2013

just as you describe above with camera prepping and setting up last year desmond, your experience will prove invaluable if you do It again this year!

Comment

• nameless
                          • Feb 2013

Originally posted by joachim
                          hey desmond, what about you? are you interested in visiting the congress this year as well? i would say you and hellouser would be the perfect choice.

arashi would also be a good candidate, but he and hellouser are not the best friends anymore :-)

furthermore, if you meet beren atac at the congress again, don't hesitate to take her out for a dinner, a samba dance and whatelse.
                          it will loosen her tongue a bit, and it may happen she reveals all the DP culturing secrets to you after ending up in the hotel room. don't be shy, man
                          Desmond is not going to try to get patent information from Samumed but Hellouser would probably be willing to try to do that. There are ways that a person can try to get that information while not looking suspicious and Hellouser would go for it if he thinks he could pull it off.

Do you remember how Desmond pre-arranged interviews before he went to the Hair Congress last year? Well, Hellouser could do the same thing - pre-arrange an interview. He could email them in advance and get an agreement from Samumed to be interviewed. Samumed will probably be happy to do it because they are already starting to looking at marketing the product. I posit that they're already starting to look at marketing on the fact that they come from out of nowhere and now all of a sudden they're already major sponsors of the Hair Congress. I think they would be very happy to sit down with Hellouser and talk with him. After they agree to an interview Hellouser could use the excuse that he wants background information on the drug so he would like information on it. He could say he wants to learn as much as he can so he would like to study the patent before doing the interview. If the correct patent is the patent with the 3 drugs on it then when he does the interview he could say that there are 3 drugs in the patent so he would like to know which drug it is so he can give background information about the drug. He could use the excuse that Samumed came out of nowhere with this drug and guys are just starting to hear about it and they want more information. I believe he could pull this off. I don't think that Desmond would try to do this.

Comment

• woodnor
                            • Feb 2014

Hi, I rarely post here but I follow the threads closely. I think hellouser would be a great candidate for the congress! But I also think that if Desmond is willing to go he should be our first option since he went last year and already has the experience

Comment

• Desmond84
                              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Dimoxynil
                              I vote Desmond. Done a great job last time
                              Originally posted by joachim

Originally posted by losthair85
                              Desmond would get my primary vote.

One thing to not overlook is that he did this last year, as he knows what to expect (key point!), and his experience will prove invaluable in doing an even better job this year. Also some researchers will recognize him, I think he gives the best return on investment by the community.

Having said that, I'd be more than happy if Hellouser joined him..
                              Originally posted by woodnor
                              Hi, I rarely post here but I follow the threads closely. I think hellouser would be a great candidate for the congress! But I also think that if Desmond is willing to go he should be our first option since he went last year and already has the experience
                              Hahaha thanks for the vote of confidence guys. You guys are always too kind As much as I love to go, I feel a bit wasteful spending all that money on flights from Aus to USA when we have so many US members probably living in Miami that would be able to attend it. I think we should have anyone living in the US willing to go post here regarding their availability in November and we take it from there

If there were no good candidates then I'd be more glad to put my hand up.

Cheers guys

Comment

• JayM
                                • Apr 2015

I haven't seen arashi about since all that follicept stuff. He didn't seem in a good place tbh. But I think whoever it is if you can organise interviews like last year then that's the key. I'm sure Desmond will be more than happy to help in terms of the best way to do that

Comment

Working...