Now is the time to fund someone to go to the 2015 hair loss congress.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nameless
    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by hellouser
    - Round trip flight would probably be around $600 from Toronto.
    - Access to the Congress is $775 (very expensive, its listed on their site: http://www.hair2015.org/)
    - Hotels would likely be around $200-$300/night. I'd need 4 nights Nov. 17 - 21 (anyone going would need to arrive a day early, the congress starts at 11am on Nov. 18)

I'm somewhat screwed for video recording though, while I do have my Canon 70D, it's limited to 29 minutes of recording and 59 seconds. The Canon S120 lasts much longer, about 50 minutes, it'd be a much better camera for recording, so I may need to pick that up. I'll have my 70D as a backup though regardless, not taking any chances.

Cost of this would be significantly less than Desmonds trip seeing how the flight is much easier on the wallet, too bad I'm not a student as that would reduce the access fee. in all, we're looking at around $2,500 USD.

Luckily my day job during that time will be in my favour, I've got about 4 flag ship events I need to produce content and marketing for and the last event for the year is Nov. 16, so immediately after, I'm ready to head out for some much needed rest... or more work in this case.

I need to figure out a couple more things before I make up mind though. I'll keep you all posted.

I think efedrez intends to go anyway and he lives close by the congress.

We would still have to help raise his entry fee - $775. So that could bring the total cost to around $3,500 for the two of you.

If you two could work together then that could be beneficial and it could take a lot of pressure off you.

Maybe you could rent some video equipment.

Comment

• nameless
      • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Alias123
      i would be up for sponsoring as well, as someone who has spent over $150k on hairloss surgeries that none helped (AAPE etc) i would gladly help out with a few bucks more
      Hey Alias did you see the new thread about Kerastem? Yes, it's cells from fat but it has other things inside of the mix as well. For example, it has some actual fat I think as well. That could be a good thing because
      the big problem with the cells is that they migrate out of the injected/target area VERY rapidly. Since this new treatment appears to lay down a layer of actual fat as well that might facilitate keeping the key cells
      in the target area. I think you should take a look at Kerastem. It's a brand new treatment and it's put together differently from all other fat cell treatments. We know it's different from all other fat cell treatments because it's been awarded a patent. Look at the 3-patient before and after pics.

Use the regenerative powers in your own fat to overcome hair loss. Learn more about Kerastem hair loss therapy from Bimini Health Tech.

Comment

• Renee
        • Jul 2015

I vote for hellouser.

Comment

• Sogeking
          • Feb 2011

I've pitched in for Desmond, I'll pitch in for hellouser or efedrez as well.
          That said whoever goes I think we won't find out much about anything to be honest. But nonetheless it is worth a shot.

Comment

• nameless
            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Sogeking
            I've pitched in for Desmond, I'll pitch in for hellouser or efedrez as well.
            That said whoever goes I think we won't find out much about anything to be honest. But nonetheless it is worth a shot.
            I don't want to blow smoke up your you-know-what but I really have a good feeling about the coming next 2 congresses. I think that at this time they have either vanquished baldness or they have ALMOST vanquished it.

Sanford & Burnham publicized tremendous news about iPS cells this past year but there were some obstacles to be overcome to bring iPS cells to market. And since that news, right here at this site lacazette has posted article after article about major advances in iPS cell technology which solve almost every problem associated with making iPS cell hair loss treatments a reality. At minimum, I think that we will hear amazing news on the iPS cell front.

And there are other potentially hopeful treatments that we've been hearing about.

I really think that this is going to be a much better year than last year. I think that humankind will declare the end of baldness at the 2015 congress or the 2016 congress at the latest. This beast is almost vanquished.

Comment

• champpy
              • Apr 2015

Even if they do announce that TODAY getting ahold of that cure is years and years away. I mean if they said "we can now grow a fully functional hair follicle" it would still have to go through soooo many trials. My hope has really about come to an end on all this.

And i was wondering, even if we did send someone to the conference, what can that person actually gain that we wont find out in a press release anyway? do we really expect some forum member here to get the inside scoop on an upcoming treatment that the rest of the world won't know about?

Comment

• walrus
                • Feb 2012

Originally posted by champpy
                And i was wondering, even if we did send someone to the conference, what can that person actually gain that we wont find out in a press release anyway? do we really expect some forum member here to get the inside scoop on an upcoming treatment that the rest of the world won't know about?
                Press releases are normally issued after research is published. At conferences, researchers often discuss what they are currently working on (unless they are afraid of getting scooped).

Comment

• jjo
                  • Oct 2011

great idea to send Hellouser to the conference but Desmond should go as well. Desmond broke the ice with these people and over time, the more meetings in person could be advantageous for the future. Interviews with the same person over time builds trust and who knows what could come of it.
                  Let's send them both.

Comment

• Desmond84
                    • Oct 2012

We should be there

Hey guys,

The Hair Congress has just released their preliminary program for the Annual event with some very interesting people presenting. Here's the link to the program:

Firstly, Dr Tsuji is attending and presenting a lecture on "Hair Regeneration as a Future Organ Replacement Regenerative Therapy". Wonder what he has to say. If anything, we should put a lot of emphasis on getting our representatives to chat with him and find out what his lab is up to

Professor Bruce Morgan is presenting a talk on "Getting it right: Coordinating progenitors and their niche to specify hair size and structure" which could be interesting.

Dr Cheng-Ming Chuong is presenting "Regeneration of skin appendages: Physiological and wound induced responses".

Rolf Hoffmann from Replicel is presenting a talk on "Treating Alopecia and Beyond: How the hair follicle may be an ideal resource for cell-based therapeutics". This would be a good opportunity to find out what's holding up Replicel and what the delays are all about.

There will be more abstract presentations announced as we get closer to the date. I think it is definitely worth attending and talking to these researchers. I think the Congress also embraced our resources and used a lot of our videos for their personal use. I've already put aside $100 for one or two members to attend. Let's get them there

Comment

• Desmond84
                      • Oct 2012

Thanks for the vote of confidence jjo I think sending our US-based members might be a bit more cost-effective though, especially if they live around the Miami area.

Comment

• Arieux
                        • Jun 2015

Thank you Desmond for posting here this programe. A lot of interesting and important subjects will be discussed. I know that it isn't final programe version, but I am disappointed that I didn't see anything about SM. The only information from Samumed is: ,,COFFEE BREAK WITH EXHIBITS & POSTER VIEWING Coffee generously sponsored by Samumed'', lol.
                        Please note, that on the page 19 there is a info about future hair congress in Japan (,,Announcement of 2017 WCHR – Japan''). With all that what is going on there in the field of hair research, it can't be coincidence.

Comment

• hellouser
                          • May 2012

I went out and bought the Canon S120 camera yesterday LOL. If I don't go to the congress, at least I'll be able to use it to track my progress of Setipiprant over the coming months (dSLR camera is a pain for that).

Comment

• nameless
                            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Arieux
                            Thank you Desmond for posting here this programe. A lot of interesting and important subjects will be discussed. I know that it isn't final programe version, but I am disappointed that I didn't see anything about SM. The only information from Samumed is: ,,COFFEE BREAK WITH EXHIBITS & POSTER VIEWING Coffee generously sponsored by Samumed'', lol.
                            Please note, that on the page 19 there is a info about future hair congress in Japan (,,Announcement of 2017 WCHR – Japan''). With all that what is going on there in the field of hair research, it can't be coincidence.
                            I'm also disappointed to see no presentation by Samumed.

Comment

• nameless
                              • Feb 2013

Originally posted by jjo
                              great idea to send Hellouser to the conference but Desmond should go as well. Desmond broke the ice with these people and over time, the more meetings in person could be advantageous for the future. Interviews with the same person over time builds trust and who knows what could come of it.
                              Let's send them both.
                              You raise a very good point about Desmond having already gone to the previous congress. It would be GREAT if Desmond could go with Hellouser because (like you said) Desmond has already gotten to know some of these people. And Cots in particular is said to be skittish so if he meets hellouser or efedrez for the first time he may be difficult for them like he was for Desmond the first time Desmond met him. But now that Cots has met Desmond, and since Cots has learnt that he suffered no harm from talking to Desmond, Cots might open up a little more to Desmond than anyone else. Plus Desmond knows his way around a congress now. In a perfect world we would send Hellouser and Desmond but we may not be able to afford that.

If Hellouser and efedrez go I will chip in $100.

If Hellouser and Desmond go I will chip in $200.

Comment

• jjo
                                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by nameless
                                You raise a very good point about Desmond having already gone to the previous congress. It would be GREAT if Desmond could go with Hellouser because (like you said) Desmond has already gotten to know some of these people. And Cots in particular is said to be skittish so if he meets hellouser or efedrez for the first time he may be difficult for them like he was for Desmond the first time Desmond met him. But now that Cots has met Desmond, and since Cots has learnt that he suffered no harm from talking to Desmond, Cots might open up a little more to Desmond than anyone else. Plus Desmond knows his way around a congress now. In a perfect world we would send Hellouser and Desmond but we may not be able to afford that.

If Hellouser and Desmond go I will chip in $200.

Like i said, i like Desmond and Hellouser to go and if that's the team we send, next step is get a total bill and see how many chip in to get it done.

Comment

Working...