+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    Yes so far Replicel ,unofficially, through emails to curious parties relayed that their RCH-01 treatment would mostly serve as immunizing solution, meaning halting hair loss. Now they are claiming the cure. I have to warn you though. Various other news sites and sources and at some time even REplicel were hyping the effectiveness of RCH-01 during the times prior to them releasing RCH Phase 1 trials. And then once the results came it was kind of a big disappointment. However even if this only immunizes and halts progression of AGA it will still be valuable as hair loss treatment. We need to wait and see. Thankfully the fast tracked trials for this in Japan should give us some answers soon enough.

As for the iPCs... Well have no idea what that is about. However the sceptic in me thinks that it is too early for making DP cells out of iPSC cells. Guess we'll see.
    I am really glad someone here has a good enough memory to remember how Replicel was hyped up before those phase 1 results were released.

All of the recent articles published online including the ones quoted by Replicel on their social network portals are all from obscure blogs and online publications. If there is going to be a genuine cure for baldness it will be on the broadsheets and have decent coverage on the 24 hour news channels. In fact, I heard about the Ramotraban break through on the news not the internet (I visit BTT at least once a day lol).

Secondly, my faith in Replicel actually lessened when they made that announcement about immunising DHT sensitive follicles with their process so that they will be DHT resistant. Think about it. How will they objectively prove that the immunised follicles as being DHT resistant? Patients will have to be followed up for decades to see if their hairloss progresses over time. Have replicel done this or made plans for a longterm follow up study?

Furthermore, the study design will be complicated by the fact that there is no clear way to predict how a man's hair loss will progress with time so you can never tell whether any stopping of hair loss is due to their treatment or innate physiological/genetic factors.

Quote Originally Posted by luiza View Post
    Yeah, hope you are right I still have quite "a lot" of hair but I've been losing it since I was 14 and now I am 22 lol I am not losing hair anymore (or maybe I still am, but really slowly), but I can't get what I lost back I wonder if my follicles are affected by the fibrosis process. That must be the challenge they are facing..
    But if they are capable of forming new follicles, as they stated, it shouldn't be a problem. Let's see.

Hi Luiza!

I agree that if new follicles can me formed, then fibrosis wouldnīt be a problem. But where did you see the info that Replicel will create new follicles?

I thought they were going to inject cells only.

I donīt know if Replicel will be able to regrow hairs on areas that are bald for more than 5 -10 years.

I believe the more viable treatment would come from dr lauster. The key is to grow hair follicles in the lab and implant directly into scalp. His team said after their discovery in 2010 this would be a reality in 2015. I wonder what happen.

Quote Originally Posted by balding1983 View Post
    I am really glad someone here has a good enough memory to remember how Replicel was hyped up before those phase 1 results were released.

All of the recent articles published online including the ones quoted by Replicel on their social network portals are all from obscure blogs and online publications. If there is going to be a genuine cure for baldness it will be on the broadsheets and have decent coverage on the 24 hour news channels. In fact, I heard about the Ramotraban break through on the news not the internet (I visit BTT at least once a day lol).

Secondly, my faith in Replicel actually lessened when they made that announcement about immunising DHT sensitive follicles with their process so that they will be DHT resistant. Think about it. How will they objectively prove that the immunised follicles as being DHT resistant? Patients will have to be followed up for decades to see if their hairloss progresses over time. Have replicel done this or made plans for a longterm follow up study?

Furthermore, the study design will be complicated by the fact that there is no clear way to predict how a man's hair loss will progress with time so you can never tell whether any stopping of hair loss is due to their treatment or innate physiological/genetic factors.
    I think Replicel was basically trying to say that by replacing the balding area dermal cup cells which are bad, with DHT resistant dermal cup cells which are located on the back/side of head, it will work to essentially kickstart the existing follicles back into working because they have the healthy "first initiator" of signals in the healthy dermal cup cells. I think the main problem with this is going to be, after the punch biopsy and multiplication, how to effectively get them to migrate to where the should be upon injecting into bald areas.

The main problem about stem cells therapies is that we dont have infrastracture, machines, enough educated people to offer this treatments to big population. Second problem is that we still dont know enough about stem cells. Just look this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=164&v=hw_uOLuTiZI

Quote Originally Posted by FooFighter View Post
    The main problem about stem cells therapies is that we dont have infrastracture, machines, enough educated people to offer this treatments to big population. Second problem is that we still dont know enough about stem cells. Just look this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=164&v=hw_uOLuTiZI
    No, the main problem is that there aren't enough women out there with hairloss for society to feel sympathy for.

For instance, the biggest killer of men in the UK is suicide. Does anyone talk about that? No. Do they get funding? No. If it were women, would this be the same scenario? Of course not.

i see alot science talk happening now again. as much as I appreciate questioning on how they can do this or not.. I dont think it should concern any one of us.

This is a billion dolar company which has the dedicated group of scientists doing a decade of work. Their CEO came up around few weeks ago and made a claim that they found the cure. They are currently in phase IIb and havent shared any info out yet. They must have seen significant growth otherwise they wouldnt have made this claim.

Look at their fb page, they say they believe regrowth will be permanent. So just hold on tight probably they share phase II results soon. Furthermore they are active on facebook and twitter which is promising.

Show me the evindence turning NW7 to NW1 or 2, as a customer or shareholder, I dont give a f or damn on how they did it. Japan is very much developed country, and I dont believe something shady will come up from there.

And again this is not an university research like follicept. so lets not mix apples and oranges

Quote Originally Posted by dutchguyhanging View Post
    i see alot science talk happening now again. as much as I appreciate questioning on how they can do this or not.. I dont think it should concern any one of us.

This is a billion dolar company which has the dedicated group of scientists doing a decade of work. Their CEO came up around few weeks ago and made a claim that they found the cure. They are currently in phase IIb and havent shared any info out yet. They must have seen significant growth otherwise they wouldnt have made this claim.

Look at their fb page, they say they believe regrowth will be permanent. So just hold on tight probably they share phase II results soon. Furthermore they are active on facebook and twitter which is promising.

Show me the evindence turning NW7 to NW1 or 2, as a customer or shareholder, I dont give a f or damn on how they did it. Japan is very much developed country, and I dont believe something shady will come up from there.

And again this is not an university research like follicept. so lets not mix apples and oranges
    You mean Replicel in Phase2?
    As I know they're only preparing to start Phase2.