+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Post Maybe Replicel will actually be the cure

I know there are already many threads about Replicel but I wanted you guys to comment what you think about it:

http://www.midasletter.com/2014/10/r...rview-podcast/

He is pretty confident that the regrowth will be just a matter of dosage or frequency.
    However when I emailed them (Replicel) and got a response they were not so optimistic about the regrowth.

Now there are lots of news coming out claiming that Shiseido has found the baldness cure (Replicel even posted one of them on their FB page):

http://mobile.cosmeticsdesign-asia.c...-says-Shiseido

https://globalcosmeticsnews.com/asia...able-from-2018

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2015/07/0...arket-by-2018/

Also note that it seems they are using iPSCs cells now, which they have never mentioned before. I was wondering if Shiseido has improved Replicel's technology and now we actually have a full cure. That would be awesome.

I really think that ipsc's is important here. We all thought that maybe it was just lost in translation and just a few weeks ago replicel spoke to share holders and didn't mention a difference.

But if they have changed the process would they not need to go through the whole phase 1 again? I mean pilofocus changed a bit of tech and took like a year to get permission to proceed.

I genuinely have no idea aha. Could you email them again and ask about Ipsc's? Since you already received an email?

Quote Originally Posted by luiza View Post
    He is pretty confident that the regrowth will be just a matter of dosage or frequency.
    However when I emailed them (Replicel) and got a response they were not so optimistic about the regrowth.

Now there are lots of news coming out claiming that Shiseido has found the baldness cure (Replicel even posted one of them on their FB page):
    Also note that it seems they are using iPSCs cells now, which they have never mentioned before. I was wondering if Shiseido has improved Replicel's technology and now we actually have a full cure. That would be awesome.
    Yes so far Replicel ,unofficially, through emails to curious parties relayed that their RCH-01 treatment would mostly serve as immunizing solution, meaning halting hair loss. Now they are claiming the cure. I have to warn you though. Various other news sites and sources and at some time even REplicel were hyping the effectiveness of RCH-01 during the times prior to them releasing RCH Phase 1 trials. And then once the results came it was kind of a big disappointment. However even if this only immunizes and halts progression of AGA it will still be valuable as hair loss treatment. We need to wait and see. Thankfully the fast tracked trials for this in Japan should give us some answers soon enough.

As for the iPCs... Well have no idea what that is about. However the sceptic in me thinks that it is too early for making DP cells out of iPSC cells. Guess we'll see.

Somebody should write them and ask about iPSCs cells and is this new inovative treatment different from their RCH-01. I am not soo good in english.

The top link posted was a very interesting read. Some solid news, good find luiza.

Luiza could you do this since you have already spoken to them? Don't worry if you're busy though

today replicel on facebook :

Our belief is that injection of our cells are replacing the androgen-sensitive dermal sheath cup cells (responsible for maintaining the cell populations responsible for hair fibre growth) with androgen-insensitive dermal sheath cup cells. In each follicle that this is accomplished we believe the result will be permanent and that what happens is the regeneration of hair growth in that follicle. What is required to halt the progression of the disease is the conversion of each susceptible follicle with androgen insensitive cells.We believe hair regrowth and halting disease progression are both ultimately achievable with our product. In our phase 2 trial we will be testing different doses and multiple injections to determine what works best

When are results from phase 2 data out?

Quote Originally Posted by joel203 View Post
    When are results from phase 2 data out?
    They haven't even begun it yet.

End of this year.