Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • luiza
    • Jun 2015

Maybe Replicel will actually be the cure

I know there are already many threads about Replicel but I wanted you guys to comment what you think about it:

He is pretty confident that the regrowth will be just a matter of dosage or frequency.
    However when I emailed them (Replicel) and got a response they were not so optimistic about the regrowth.

Now there are lots of news coming out claiming that Shiseido has found the baldness cure (Replicel even posted one of them on their FB page):

After ten years of scientific research, Japanese personal care player, Shiseido has patented its RepliCel Hair-01 (RCH-01) hair regeneration technology.

Three more years... For much of my life I've been waiting for this moment. Even throughout my youth I glanced at the hairlines of relatives and wondered what would become of me. At the same time I figured medical science would have to have developed something by the time my hair would start falling out. However, ...

Also note that it seems they are using iPSCs cells now, which they have never mentioned before. I was wondering if Shiseido has improved Replicel's technology and now we actually have a full cure. That would be awesome.
  • JayM
    • Apr 2015

I really think that ipsc's is important here. We all thought that maybe it was just lost in translation and just a few weeks ago replicel spoke to share holders and didn't mention a difference.

But if they have changed the process would they not need to go through the whole phase 1 again? I mean pilofocus changed a bit of tech and took like a year to get permission to proceed.

I genuinely have no idea aha. Could you email them again and ask about Ipsc's? Since you already received an email?

Comment

• Sogeking
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by luiza
      He is pretty confident that the regrowth will be just a matter of dosage or frequency.
      However when I emailed them (Replicel) and got a response they were not so optimistic about the regrowth.

Now there are lots of news coming out claiming that Shiseido has found the baldness cure (Replicel even posted one of them on their FB page):
      Also note that it seems they are using iPSCs cells now, which they have never mentioned before. I was wondering if Shiseido has improved Replicel's technology and now we actually have a full cure. That would be awesome.
      Yes so far Replicel ,unofficially, through emails to curious parties relayed that their RCH-01 treatment would mostly serve as immunizing solution, meaning halting hair loss. Now they are claiming the cure. I have to warn you though. Various other news sites and sources and at some time even REplicel were hyping the effectiveness of RCH-01 during the times prior to them releasing RCH Phase 1 trials. And then once the results came it was kind of a big disappointment. However even if this only immunizes and halts progression of AGA it will still be valuable as hair loss treatment. We need to wait and see. Thankfully the fast tracked trials for this in Japan should give us some answers soon enough.

As for the iPCs... Well have no idea what that is about. However the sceptic in me thinks that it is too early for making DP cells out of iPSC cells. Guess we'll see.

Comment

• FooFighter
        • Feb 2015

Somebody should write them and ask about iPSCs cells and is this new inovative treatment different from their RCH-01. I am not soo good in english.

Comment

• mlamber5
          • Mar 2015

The top link posted was a very interesting read. Some solid news, good find luiza.

Comment

• JayM
            • Apr 2015

Luiza could you do this since you have already spoken to them? Don't worry if you're busy though

Comment

• sets
              • Jun 2015

today replicel on facebook :

Our belief is that injection of our cells are replacing the androgen-sensitive dermal sheath cup cells (responsible for maintaining the cell populations responsible for hair fibre growth) with androgen-insensitive dermal sheath cup cells. In each follicle that this is accomplished we believe the result will be permanent and that what happens is the regeneration of hair growth in that follicle. What is required to halt the progression of the disease is the conversion of each susceptible follicle with androgen insensitive cells.We believe hair regrowth and halting disease progression are both ultimately achievable with our product. In our phase 2 trial we will be testing different doses and multiple injections to determine what works best

Comment

• joel203
                • Jun 2014

When are results from phase 2 data out?

Comment

• JayM
                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by joel203
                  When are results from phase 2 data out?
                  They haven't even begun it yet.

Comment

• Renee
                    • Jul 2015

End of this year.

Comment

• luiza
                      • Jun 2015

I am gonna email them soon, guys! if I get any answer I will definitely let you know!

Comment

• whatsgoingon
                        • Sep 2013

Will this cause damaged hair follicles to possibly recover?

Comment

• brocktherock
                          • Dec 2013

Desmond brought up a good point. In previous trials, injecting cells and expecting them to find their way had poor results. However, Replicel is developing that new device with a bunch of tiny needles. I think that will be a lot faster and more accurate.

Comment

• luiza
                            • Jun 2015

Originally posted by brocktherock
                            ... However, Replicel is developing that new device with a bunch of tiny needles. I think that will be a lot faster and more accurate.
                            I didn't know that! That's interesting. Do you have any links where we can read about it?

Comment

• comb0ver
                              • Aug 2013

This is pretty cool news. I wonder how it will work if you've had a HT?

I am really close to pulling the trigger and going for an HT early next year, would really suck if that interfered and meant I couldn't get replicel treatment in 2018/whenever it arrives.

What do you guys think? Wait it out or do the HT and hope that replicel is 'compatible'?

Comment

Working...