+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Can't really complain if all it does is halt further loss. It's a bit late for me, but I'll still be over the f'ing moon. Bit more of a stretch to say it could regrow hair at this stage. We know very little, but hopefully will know more in the coming months/years. We cannot keep being disappointed time and time again. It will come to a head and hopefully that will be in our lifetime.

man i got it but they are very active online as of late. this is the latest update they shared on facebook

RepliCel
    48 mins ·
    CLARIFICATION NOTICE
    An article was recently published claiming Shiseido has, ‘found a cure for baldness’ using induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs). We cannot verify the accuracy of this statement but what we can clarify is that the technology licensed from RepliCel Life Sciences, RCH-01, does not involve any cellular reprogramming or iPSC technology. Shiseido’s licensed technology from RepliCel (RCH-01) uses naturally occurring dermal sheath cup (DSC) cells isolated from DHT-hormone resistant hair follicles located at the back of the patient’s head. These cells are grown over several weeks to yield millions of new cells. These cells are returned to the patient/subject and injected into areas on the scalp where there is hair loss. These cells are not reprogrammed or changed into another cell type in any way. We simply grow more of the exact same cell.
    RepliCel’s belief is that injections of RCH-01 replaces the androgen-sensitive DSC cells (responsible for maintaining the cell populations linked to hair fibre growth) with androgen-insensitive DSC cells. In each follicle that this is accomplished we believe the result will be permanent and result in hair growth in that follicle. What is required to halt the progression of the disease is the conversion of each susceptible follicle with androgen insensitive cells. We believe hair regrowth and halting disease progression are both ultimately achievable with our product. Shiseido and RepliCel both anticipate initiating clinical trials (Japan and Germany) testing different doses and multiple injections to determine what works best.

Yeh I just received that in an email. Impressed they replied in 2 hours haha. But it would be crazy to think that they haven't communicated about this. God forbid I think we are lucky to get to phase 2 if this is how they communicate with their partner. Sensationalised claimes including their patented technology would be something I'd get answers for the next day.

My interpretation on the post up on their facebook page is that the technology will halt and regrow back hair. That is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by sagat View Post
    My interpretation on the post up on their facebook page is that the technology will halt and regrow back hair. That is nice.
    It better.

According to their first trial they averaged 11% increase in density with only one injection in a 6 month follow up. Hopefully more injections at a higher dose yields a higher percentage increase in density. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    According to their first trial they averaged 11% increase in density with only one injection in a 6 month follow up. Hopefully more injections at a higher dose yields a higher percentage increase in density. I'm cautiously optimistic.
    Being incautiously negative about it won't make a difference as oppose to being cautiously optimistic. The success or failure of Replicel will be at the hands of science, not feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    For me that's really important. With just 1 injection that's not half bad! I can imagine with injections across the whole head it could give us something significant. Again though more isn't always better and it might just flop haha.

Quote Originally Posted by dutchguyhanging View Post
    man i got it but they are very active online as of late. this is the latest update they shared on facebook

RepliCel
    48 mins ·
    CLARIFICATION NOTICE
    An article was recently published claiming Shiseido has, ‘found a cure for baldness’ using induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs). We cannot verify the accuracy of this statement but what we can clarify is that the technology licensed from RepliCel Life Sciences, RCH-01, does not involve any cellular reprogramming or iPSC technology. Shiseido’s licensed technology from RepliCel (RCH-01) uses naturally occurring dermal sheath cup (DSC) cells isolated from DHT-hormone resistant hair follicles located at the back of the patient’s head. These cells are grown over several weeks to yield millions of new cells. These cells are returned to the patient/subject and injected into areas on the scalp where there is hair loss. These cells are not reprogrammed or changed into another cell type in any way. We simply grow more of the exact same cell.
    RepliCel’s belief is that injections of RCH-01 replaces the androgen-sensitive DSC cells (responsible for maintaining the cell populations linked to hair fibre growth) with androgen-insensitive DSC cells. In each follicle that this is accomplished we believe the result will be permanent and result in hair growth in that follicle. What is required to halt the progression of the disease is the conversion of each susceptible follicle with androgen insensitive cells. We believe hair regrowth and halting disease progression are both ultimately achievable with our product. Shiseido and RepliCel both anticipate initiating clinical trials (Japan and Germany) testing different doses and multiple injections to determine what works best.
    I was going to paste the response I got from them but it was exactly the same!! Hahah

Quote Originally Posted by JayM View Post
    For me that's really important. With just 1 injection that's not half bad! I can imagine with injections across the whole head it could give us something significant. Again though more isn't always better and it might just flop haha.
    I think it makes sense. I am a girl, so I have diffuse hair loss and I wouldn't believe that one single injection in one single spot would make the cells migrate to all bald areas.