Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • luiza
    • Jun 2015

Originally posted by comb0ver
    This is pretty cool news. I wonder how it will work if you've had a HT?

I am really close to pulling the trigger and going for an HT early next year, would really suck if that interfered and meant I couldn't get replicel treatment in 2018/whenever it arrives.

What do you guys think? Wait it out or do the HT and hope that replicel is 'compatible'?
    I recommend you to email them and ask! I've sent them 3 emails and they responded all of them!!
    I am thinking of getting a bonded hair system but also afraid of damaging my existing hair follicles hard decision!

Email them on tg@replicel.com (Tammey George)

Comment

• JayM
      • Apr 2015

Thanks Luiza. I just sent replicel an email enquiring about the sensationalised new articles and the continued mention of IPSC's. I also asked if the RCT-01 technology could be used for ankles haha, looks like I could be a good customer.

Comment

• comb0ver
        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by luiza
        I recommend you to email them and ask! I've sent them 3 emails and they responded all of them!!
        I am thinking of getting a bonded hair system but also afraid of damaging my existing hair follicles hard decision!

Email them on tg@replicel.com (Tammey George)
        done :-)

Comment

• efedrez
          • May 2013

Glad to see some of you guys are getting answers from Replicel!
          They have been a lot more active from a communication perspective I believe
          If you go to their Facebook profile you will find more comments than ever before and also they are listed as speakers on the hair congress schedule for November
          I hope its because they are making progress and want to be on the radar

Comment

• robincurtz
            • Jan 2015

how the people draws such conclusion despite the fact that so far they haven't shown any wonderful study...

Comment

• diffuseloser
              • Sep 2014

Can't really complain if all it does is halt further loss. It's a bit late for me, but I'll still be over the f'ing moon. Bit more of a stretch to say it could regrow hair at this stage. We know very little, but hopefully will know more in the coming months/years. We cannot keep being disappointed time and time again. It will come to a head and hopefully that will be in our lifetime.

Comment

• dutchguyhanging
                • Mar 2015

man i got it but they are very active online as of late. this is the latest update they shared on facebook

RepliCel
                48 mins ·
                CLARIFICATION NOTICE
                An article was recently published claiming Shiseido has, ‘found a cure for baldness’ using induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs). We cannot verify the accuracy of this statement but what we can clarify is that the technology licensed from RepliCel Life Sciences, RCH-01, does not involve any cellular reprogramming or iPSC technology. Shiseido’s licensed technology from RepliCel (RCH-01) uses naturally occurring dermal sheath cup (DSC) cells isolated from DHT-hormone resistant hair follicles located at the back of the patient’s head. These cells are grown over several weeks to yield millions of new cells. These cells are returned to the patient/subject and injected into areas on the scalp where there is hair loss. These cells are not reprogrammed or changed into another cell type in any way. We simply grow more of the exact same cell.
                RepliCel’s belief is that injections of RCH-01 replaces the androgen-sensitive DSC cells (responsible for maintaining the cell populations linked to hair fibre growth) with androgen-insensitive DSC cells. In each follicle that this is accomplished we believe the result will be permanent and result in hair growth in that follicle. What is required to halt the progression of the disease is the conversion of each susceptible follicle with androgen insensitive cells. We believe hair regrowth and halting disease progression are both ultimately achievable with our product. Shiseido and RepliCel both anticipate initiating clinical trials (Japan and Germany) testing different doses and multiple injections to determine what works best.

Comment

• JayM
                  • Apr 2015

Yeh I just received that in an email. Impressed they replied in 2 hours haha. But it would be crazy to think that they haven't communicated about this. God forbid I think we are lucky to get to phase 2 if this is how they communicate with their partner. Sensationalised claimes including their patented technology would be something I'd get answers for the next day.

Comment

• sagat
                    • Jul 2015

My interpretation on the post up on their facebook page is that the technology will halt and regrow back hair. That is nice.

Comment

• hellouser
                      • May 2012

Originally posted by sagat
                      My interpretation on the post up on their facebook page is that the technology will halt and regrow back hair. That is nice.
                      It better.

Comment

• Renee
                        • Jul 2015

According to their first trial they averaged 11% increase in density with only one injection in a 6 month follow up. Hopefully more injections at a higher dose yields a higher percentage increase in density. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Comment

• hellouser
                          • May 2012

Originally posted by Renee
                          According to their first trial they averaged 11% increase in density with only one injection in a 6 month follow up. Hopefully more injections at a higher dose yields a higher percentage increase in density. I'm cautiously optimistic.
                          Being incautiously negative about it won't make a difference as oppose to being cautiously optimistic. The success or failure of Replicel will be at the hands of science, not feelings.

Comment

• JayM
                            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Renee
                            For me that's really important. With just 1 injection that's not half bad! I can imagine with injections across the whole head it could give us something significant. Again though more isn't always better and it might just flop haha.

Comment

• luiza
                              • Jun 2015

Originally posted by dutchguyhanging
                              man i got it but they are very active online as of late. this is the latest update they shared on facebook

RepliCel
                              48 mins ·
                              CLARIFICATION NOTICE
                              An article was recently published claiming Shiseido has, ‘found a cure for baldness’ using induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs). We cannot verify the accuracy of this statement but what we can clarify is that the technology licensed from RepliCel Life Sciences, RCH-01, does not involve any cellular reprogramming or iPSC technology. Shiseido’s licensed technology from RepliCel (RCH-01) uses naturally occurring dermal sheath cup (DSC) cells isolated from DHT-hormone resistant hair follicles located at the back of the patient’s head. These cells are grown over several weeks to yield millions of new cells. These cells are returned to the patient/subject and injected into areas on the scalp where there is hair loss. These cells are not reprogrammed or changed into another cell type in any way. We simply grow more of the exact same cell.
                              RepliCel’s belief is that injections of RCH-01 replaces the androgen-sensitive DSC cells (responsible for maintaining the cell populations linked to hair fibre growth) with androgen-insensitive DSC cells. In each follicle that this is accomplished we believe the result will be permanent and result in hair growth in that follicle. What is required to halt the progression of the disease is the conversion of each susceptible follicle with androgen insensitive cells. We believe hair regrowth and halting disease progression are both ultimately achievable with our product. Shiseido and RepliCel both anticipate initiating clinical trials (Japan and Germany) testing different doses and multiple injections to determine what works best.
                              I was going to paste the response I got from them but it was exactly the same!! Hahah

Comment

• luiza
                                • Jun 2015

Originally posted by JayM
                                For me that's really important. With just 1 injection that's not half bad! I can imagine with injections across the whole head it could give us something significant. Again though more isn't always better and it might just flop haha.
                                I think it makes sense. I am a girl, so I have diffuse hair loss and I wouldn't believe that one single injection in one single spot would make the cells migrate to all bald areas.

Comment

Working...