+ Reply to Thread

Default Choosing my HT surgeon

Greetings everyone

I have been doing some research and found a clinic and surgeon that I would like to under go a HT with in the near future. Here is the link to the clinic....

http://www.hairtransplantcenter-turkey.com

The surgeon mentioned has many years experience and great results however, I have done an online consultation and sent another email to the clinic but that was over 1 month ago and I have not heard anything back unfortunately.

Is there anyone on this forum that can give me further information on this clinic and even offer any Ht/consultation experiences with them and if the surgeon offers consultations in Britain?

Wasn't sure if I was breaking any rules mentioning surgeons names but all the info will be on the link and you will have probably heard of him too.

Cheers people

Anyone have any information on this.

Dr. Erdogan is amazing. I have heard, read, and had experience with them not answering though. A lot of people give up on contacting them and opt for other turkey doc's such as Dr. Doganay. Keep trying them if you're set on him. Perhaps Joe Tillman can help you. He seems to have a relationship with most doc's and is extremely knowledgeable in general about the process.

http://www.hairtransplantmentor.com
    This is his website. Maybe you can get a hold of him on here as well.

Good luck !

Whatever you decide, choose wisely. If you need proper framing, then go to docs that have an eye for facial framing and decent density placement skills. Go to docs that create a surgical protocol that will maximize your yield. If you have procedures 3000 grafts or above, it may be wise to break the procedures up.

Make sure doctors scatter the donor zone extractuons appropriately too. You do not want to end up woth a halo or more issues after a procedure.

Look for docs tht may strictly do FUE. I agree, Joe Tillman is working with fantastic FUE doctors. But depending on your situation, one may be better than the other.

I would really think this through because a lot of money, priceless grafts, surgical impacts, time, effort, patience is required. You do mot want to be the guy that thinks your making a great decision, then surgery protocols are changed on you day of surgery, your first procedure screws up because there is a newbie extracting, then you go for round two but doc tries to do everything again in inpacted tissue without addressing your original goals again, then you are now waiting for a third repair trying to get it done with a lot of priceless frafts harmed in the process and time and effort, you do not want to be that guy.

So I am going to give you the best advice, to carefully go through and pick a solid FUE expert and no one else. You do not want a half azz job, you want proper surgical safety that increased the chance of your result being perfection. I wish this site allowed messages because it is great to talk to folks on the phone. Ive spoken to hundred of folks on the phone with no bias and no bull. It helps us all.

Thanks guys ��

I'm 24 and around a Norwood 2/3 atm so it wouldn't be for at least another 4 years so in the meantime I just thought I would ask on this awesome forum and basically do some solid research before committing to such a life changing procedure. I am also very aware it may take a 2nd HT later on in order to achieve a great result.

It was actually Joe Tillman that made me write this thread, when he went to Turkey and did a documentary on it. I also listened to a podcast with him on it discussing certain clinics that are technician only with the doctor merely overseeing the procedure and drawing the hairline. Which got me panicking slightly. Imagine going to Turkey thinking your getting a top surgeon doing your HT only to find out its technicians only? Not that I am dissing technicians but if your paying your hard end cash you would really want to have the DR do the hard work.

I've have seen great results from Dr Erdogan and the website seems very genuine.

Has anyone here had any previous or recent experiences with this clinic?? If so I'd love to know more.
    Last edited by 91jmcginnes; 07-20-2015 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Technician based FUE happens in North America as well. Joe is a great guy. He will probably give you some sound and well thought advice, without pushing any surgeon on you. That is how a real mentor should be versus an affiliate that wants to book you somehow with his docs no matter what. Doc Erdogans framing is one of the best I have seen. He is a distinct change giving doc.

Thanks for replying Sean

I'm from Great Britain, the choices aren't very great tbh, like I've seen some good work but I've just seen better in Europe tbh and not to mention it's very pricey here. I've not really looked at America tbh, for me I think Turkey is easier to get to and they have at least 2 recommended IAHRS surgeons.

As I'm 24 just now and not considering a HT for a few years, would it be pointless in going for a hair consultation now or just wait nearer the time?

Honestly, you may want to wait a little to see how the meds hold up. You can consider making moves like this around age 28+. , at least when you can predict where your hairloss is headed.

I hear you regarding the transplant thing. Turkey def has amazing docs. Even belgium got some amazing docs. I am fascinated at tge quality of work and the fair cost these docs have. There is some art and amazing facial framing these docs pull off. But remember, nice and slow is better than one hoping to be all done approach. You do not want to risk grafts to out of body exposure for too long. Break the surgeries up into smaller sessions to maximze yield and prevent folkicle death. Do not have high density placement in areas where you already have native hair. You dont want to be the buy that gets like 5000 grafts and in the end you went from norwood 3 to norwood 2.5. You want to be the guy that 1000 grafts will take care of one norwoid level. Grafts are very precious. Look at resuls right now. Evaluate docs that can cater to your hairstyle. Do not look at ultra conservative docs if you want proper framing. Right now i would study results to match them to my goals. You also should not put a deposit down unless you are 100% sure. Deposits are non refundable in almost every case.

Quote Originally Posted by 91jmcginnes View Post
    Greetings everyone

I have been doing some research and found a clinic and surgeon that I would like to under go a HT with in the near future. Here is the link to the clinic....

The surgeon mentioned has many years experience and great results however, I have done an online consultation and sent another email to the clinic but that was over 1 month ago and I have not heard anything back unfortunately.

Is there anyone on this forum that can give me further information on this clinic and even offer any Ht/consultation experiences with them and if the surgeon offers consultations in Britain?

Wasn't sure if I was breaking any rules mentioning surgeons names but all the info will be on the link and you will have probably heard of him too.

Cheers people
    Watch The Bald Truth's latest video upload about transplants in Turkey. I would be weary.

Quote Originally Posted by 91jmcginnes View Post
    Greetings everyone

Cheers people

Go to Hasson and Wong.