+ Reply to Thread

Default New Member decided to get HT but cant decide on doc!

Hi, My name is Jeff and I am 29 years old. I've noticed over the past 7 to 8 years my hair has been receding. Having a father, brother thats experienced hair loss I knew the gene wouldnt have just skipped me! so at the age of around 22 or 23 i started propecia. I was off and on the medication because i would forget to fill it or just didnt feel like spending (sometimes felt like wasting money). I must say at 29 years old i feel good that i've been using it compared to my brother who has lost a lot more and he is only 3 years older than I am.

About a hair transplant, I've always been amazed at the results and i kept saying one day i'm getting one. I feel at 29 i'm at the age to get one. I noticed the front is a lot thinner than i would like. I also was told by someone at work that yes your gonna lose it someday when i wasnt even talking about hair loss. I also look really young for my age but I'm worried that my hair loss will change this.

I want to have a FUE transplant because I want to wear my hair shorter than what would reveal the scar. Also i think 1000 count would suffice at this time. I would love to have 1500 to 1750 to make my entire scalp thicker.

I'm located in South Carolina, I am torn between Dr. Cooley (charlotte NC) or Dr. Baxa (charlotte NC). any members have any suggestions on this?

Anyways just thought I'd say hey to all and hope to create a blog in the next few months!

Thanks all!
    Jeff

Both are considered great HT surgeons, but I don't think either of them specialize in FUE from what I've read on these forums.

I think you can go to any IAHRS surgeon and have an excellent probability of getting a solid, gorgeous result. The FUE surgeons that I have heard on Specner's radio show most often are Doctor Feller and Doctor Bauman, but if any IAHRS surgeon does FUE, I am sure you stand an awesome chance at getting a kickass result.

TeeJay

I saw on Dr. Baxa's site that he does FUE. I hope I didnt miss read it or get it confused with someone elses. As lame as this sounds my dream surgeons would be Hanson and Wong or Doc Feller. Both have done phenomenal work with both FUT and FUE transplant work. I guess I'm fortunate enough to have two that are recommended by IAHRS but now i'm trying to find something wrong with one so i can be 100% on the other. As bad as that sounds.

If you are specifically interested in FUE, I would also look into SMG in Minnesota. They have produced some excellent results and have rates that are moderately priced when compared to Feller.

heres what my hair looks like right now, i just took these with my blackberry so the quality is crappy. The last one is with a ton of hairspray in it it looks like white dots in the hair but its the hairspray shining....

oh and the first two are right out of the shower...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	GetAttachment.aspx.jpg

Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	3478   Click image for larger version

Name:	GetAttachment-1.aspx.jpg

Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	3479   Click image for larger version

Name:	GetAttachment-2.aspx.jpg

Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	3480  

I agree that Shapiro Medical Group would be an option to consider when it comes to fue....and believe 1500-1700 fue graphs is well within their limits. Alos I believe that there fue prices are around $6.00 per graph. good luck with your decision!

Well after reading more into this and not making a SNAP decision i've decided to go with a FUT transplant instead of FUE. Mainly I want to get more hairs and the way they dissect the hairs is much better in saving more hairs without damaging them. I am going to make a call to Dr. Jerry Cooley in the next week or so for a consultation. Hopefully I can express my concerns and see if he can work me in! I am really wanting to thicken my hair as well so the more hairs the better!

I'll keep everyone updated with my progress.

I have an appointment with Dr. Cooley on the 22nd. I'm very excited to go I've been trying to talk my brother in coming along to see if he thinks its something he would want to do one day...

Are there any particular questions I should ask the doc?

Default Keep us up to date

Hi Jeff, I'm also 29 and I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. I will watch your case with great interest. Let me know what the Doctor says. I would be curious to know how many grafts he would recommend. You could also ask him about shockloss and if he plants hair to thicken up your hair line will you lose some of your native hairs?