Threaded View

Default Outstanding Experience with Dr. Scott Alexander-Phoenix, AZ

I'm only 2 weeks past my surgery, FUT-3,000 grafts, but wanted to share my great experience with Dr. Alexander in Phoenix.

I've been looking on this message board for a few years. The opinions and information are a tremendous resource. After researching different Dr.'s results, along with the types of hair loss I have experience, some between hairs, frontal loss, and the crown area, I felt Dr. Alexander was the best fit for me. Another key aspect besides the quality and number of grafts, was the linear scar issue. Dr. Alexander's donor site scars are very clean and sealed very tight, resulting in a basically invisible scar. I had my stitches out at the one week mark,and I am very pleased with how it's healing.

Weeks before the procedure I had a phone consultation with a list of questions. Dr. Alexander just put me at ease, about things to do before the surgery, and also what to expect after the surgery. With the reading I had done on the various forums, and the information Dr. Alexander had given me, those combined definitely calmed my nerves on the day of the surgery. Everything went exactly according to plan.

I flew to Phoenix to have the surgery done. Dr. Alexander and his entire staff are first class. They are kind and really did care about my comfort throughout the entire process, including providing lunch and calling a cab to take me back to my hotel after. During the surgery I watched a movie and Dr. Alexander made sure I was comfortable each step of the way. The surgery day went exactly as planned. I felt at ease throughout each stage of the day, from the morning while the donor site was being done, to the afternoon while the grafts were going in. Also, the grafts regarding healing does go very smoothly with the Acell that Dr. Alexander uses. Around the 8 day mark all of my scabs came off.

I truly can't say enough good things about Dr. Alexander and his staff. They took their time and were very attentive.

I know how hard it is losing your hair and trying to pick a HT Dr. I wish everyone reading this considering a HT the best of luck on your journey.

Since it's so early, I'll just post this picture for now. Post Op Day 1 to give those just starting out researching what it looks like the day after.
    If anyone has any questions I'm happy to answer, just shoot me a message.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20150703_111551.jpg

Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	40587