X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • indian18
    • Apr 2015

Need info docs and public. Question about NWs, NW 1 in particular

I have a question about Norwood 1.

Some people say it is a very early balding stage and some say it is not at all balding..
    Like The Belgravia Centre says NW1 is very early stage... I'm confused about this aspect.

Please inform me if you know what NW1 exactly is.... Docs ?
  • indian18
    • Apr 2015

bump

Comment

• indian18
      • Apr 2015

Okay doc.
      So what would you say about someone who had a high forehead but a slightly rounded hairline when he was 8 or 10 that became a NW1 when he grew older say 14 or 15 and stayed like that without thinning till he is 18 or 19 without thinning? Like even the minaturisation studies show 12% miniaturisation only.

Would you say such a person is balding or maturing or is it the same hairline that appears like a NW1 because of the forehead growth during puberty?

Please answer Doc Rashid! Thanks!

Comment

• indian18
        • Apr 2015

Clarification. I'm asking how that person at the age of 18/19 will be qualified. I'm not asking about how if he may bald later or not but how he would be categorized at that age.

Comment

• indian18
          • Apr 2015

Doc Rashid? anyone?

bump..

Comment

• indian18
            • Apr 2015

please reply anyone?

Comment

• Trenblastoise
              • Jul 2014

It seems to me your question is:

What norwood is someone born with a high hairline but does not got balding genetics?

Norwood is simply a scale on where your hairline is. Some people are born with norwood 1, some lower, some norwood 2.

Comment

• indian18
                • Apr 2015

Thanks Trentblastoise. What are your opinions about post #4?

Comment

• Trenblastoise
                  • Jul 2014

"So what would you say about someone who had a high forehead but a slightly rounded hairline when he was 8 or 10 that became a NW1 when he grew older say 14 or 15"
                  His hairline got lowered as he aged? I would say high hairline is usually around norwood 1.5 to norwood 2.

"and stayed like that without thinning till he is 18 or 19 without thinning? Like even the minaturisation studies show 12% miniaturisation only.

Would you say such a person is balding or maturing or is it the same hairline that appears like a NW1 because of the forehead growth during puberty? "
                  If you are not losing hair you aren't really balding...

I don't think I get your questions.

". I'm asking how that person at the age of 18/19 will be qualified."
                  Probably a norwood 2. Just look at the pictures and find the stage that looks the most like it.

Hope it is helpful.

Comment

• indian18
                    • Apr 2015

Okay I will be more detailed.

When this guy was 8 years old he had a rounded hairline with no temple points. The temple points weren't there when he was 8 because they had "baby hairs" within those spaces that eroded to become temple points. When he was 14 he developed temple corner points that made his hairline look like a NW1. He continues to have the same hairline and is currently 18 without visible thinning on the hairline.

My questions:

1)Does he still have his childhood hairline?
                    2)He is a NW1. Is he balding or receding?
                    3)Does it "appear" that the temple points have formed because of growth of forehead during puberty?
                    4)Is it hairline maturation?

Hope I made this more clear?

Comment

• Trenblastoise
                      • Jul 2014

"1)Does he still have his childhood hairline?"
                      His hairline got stronger if his top remained the same and temples increased in thickness. So I suppose the answer is yes with the information you provided, the hairline is the same, but stronger temples.

"2)He is a NW1. Is he balding or receding?"
                      I haven't seen his hairline, but if it looks like similar to NW1 on the picture then yes - he is a NW1.
                      I don't know if he is balding or receding I don't know his family genetics.

"3)Does it "appear" that the temple points have formed because of growth of forehead during puberty?"
                      The way you described it he had baby hair temples that became stronger. That doesn't got anything to do with growth of forehead as far as I am aware.

"4)Is it hairline maturation?"
                      Sure, I suppose it can be described as that, but that phrase is usually used when talking about some minimal hair loss/hair line moving but not balding.

He is still just 18 years old. But if he got people in his family with flawless hair then chances are he might have inherited those.

Comment

• indian18
                        • Apr 2015

I don't know if it is a stronger hailrine or not. Must be.

What I can say is that the rounded hairline like U shape became a box kind of hairline. Must be because of puberty I guess. I don't think it's the maturing hailrine also. It's juvenile only i guess..
                        Thanks Trenblastoise for your views!

Please keep commenting if you have any more info!

Comment

Working...