+ Reply to Thread

Default Hair thinning at 18?!?! Tell me if I am, pics enclosed... I really need some support!

Hello everyone,

I've always taken pride in my hair and it's always been thick and healthy with no problems...until October/November last year. I developed a slight bald patch at the crown but I can hide this easily enough. My main worry now is that my hair on my scalp has actually started to thin...it feels significantly weaker and never seems to sit properly anymore. I've also spotted some noticeable "gaps" near my hairline which worry me quite a lot...does this confirm my worst fears, that my hairline is receeding and i will rapidly lose hair?
    As far as I know there is little hair loss in my family. My maternal uncle suffers from MPB and two of my paternal uncles did too. Both grandparents have full heads of hair from what I remember (I haven't had contact with my father or any of his family for three years so it's tricky to remember the details). Could this be hereditary? Or could a lifestyle change make me more confident in my hair?
    I've enclosed pictures of myself: in November last year, when the problems started to occur and two from the time of posting this. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	40549Click image for larger version

Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	40550Click image for larger version

Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	40551Click image for larger version

Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	40549Click image for larger version

Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	40550Click image for larger version

Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	40551

From those pics, it looks like you have a dense head of hair right now. I would not even consider surgery at that age and there is really nothing to operate on it seems. You are a lucky guy. Lots of folks wish their hair is as dense as that. If you are worried, the only thing you should do is see a doc and see if you are really thinning. If you are, from those pics i cant tell, then medications that are safe for you may be the good way to maintain. I would not sit in a docs chair at this point thinking surgery will give you a solution at this stage. Your hair is so dense, even probably a hair thickening shampoo would give you more volume that you wouldnt worry about it to much. I really do not think you are thinning from the pics you posted but it does bot hurt talking to a doctor if you ever need to use rogaine or finasteride. But i would hold off on the finasteride until you soeak with a doc. You got that celebrity bieber like hair right now.