+ Reply to Thread

Default Need your guy's advice

I'M 22 years old, i have thick curly/wavy hair. I notice my right side corner of my hairline isn't as full as the other other. Is my hairline receding, thinning, or mature ? Also i have psoriasis and used to have lot there. Can you tell me what vitamins to start taking and what NW am i ? both the picture are the same side, just different angle
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	11741802_10206779702393827_1382444259_n.jpg

Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	40547   Click image for larger version

Name:	11749549_10206779413666609_757272959_n.jpg

Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	40548  

?????

Could be some hair loss, maybe not, hard to tell - and older pictures? Family history of hair loss(both sides? One side? No one?)
    Vitamins to take? It's probably not lack of vitamins causing this but your hormones - unless you have suddenly changed to a crap diet or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenblastoise View Post
    Could be some hair loss, maybe not, hard to tell - and older pictures? Family history of hair loss(both sides? One side? No one?)
    Vitamins to take? It's probably not lack of vitamins causing this but your hormones - unless you have suddenly changed to a crap diet or something.
    Father's Side: He is a NW 4-4.5, his brothers are NW 2-3
    Mother's Side: Her father is NW 1 ( he's 90) , her brother is NW 2, my cousin on that side are NW 2-2.5

Well, keep track of it. Those are the potential genetics given to you, plus minus combination with mutations. You maybe have inherited your fathers hair, you could check how his hair was at your age. Maybe you have lucked and gotten your mother's fathers hair or similar to her brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenblastoise View Post
    Well, keep track of it. Those are the potential genetics given to you, plus minus combination with mutations. You maybe have inherited your fathers hair, you could check how his hair was at your age. Maybe you have lucked and gotten your mother's fathers hair or similar to her brothers.
    here how currently my hair is frontal, side, and birdeyes view.
    http://i.imgur.com/aWQ58A3.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/hVJeX1d.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/C6TGiH2.jpg

I am sorry that I cant give you a straight out answer, best I can do is to say it is very possible given your family history. Receding in one corner is a sign of hair loss, as well as small hairs in the hair line. If your entire hairline has been receding that's another indication. It does look like your hair line in the front is receding slightly, it seems thinner than the rest of your hair, but I can't tell for sure I don't know how your hair was and regardless of that I wouldn't know where you are heading either, you may only be losing a little and be done. Maybe someone else can tell better than me, at least your post have been bumped a lot now^^

I do advice you to check where your father was at your age.

Regardless, as far as I know there isn't a whole lot to do with hair loss other than this:
    - Finasteride, it reduces your dihydrotestosterone levels, a hormone converted from your testosterone that has been proven to cause hair loss. Of course, playing with your hormones does got side effects.
    - Those who use finasteride often use minoxidil with it, this drug as far as I know is more temporary, I have seen good results from it on others but I have also seen heavy balding after going off and several has been balding quicker with it.
    - Hair transplants, it's a good option if you know you wont lose that much hair and got a good donor area.

I would of course advice to heavily research whatever you decide to do if you want to do anything at all. There is also good future treatments in the pipeline that will hopefully be here in few years which you can find discussed in the cutting edge forum.