+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Talking

I live in Moscow, Russia. Quite a huge city with a massive influx of people from other parts of former USSR. And I've noticed that girls, who already settled in here, tend to like thin and boyishly looking guys with meticulously thought-through hairstyles. While girls from poorer background seem to value physique and well-being of a partner more and basically don't give a damn about his hair.

So I guess, there is a kind of switch inside their brains depending on how well-off a particular girl is.

So, guys, thanks for you sanctions, I am going to stand more chances in the future

Touching on the subject, we should not forget that baldness has been known for millennia. And evolutionaly speaking, the fact, that this mutation has survived over so many years, tells us that it has some value for women.

to put it simply, it is an indicator of maturity of a man. Maturity basically means power, money, intelligence, physical development and so on. That is why a well-off and well-build bald guy won't put off a girl. With time guys tend to amass money, social status and intelligence, so the older you are the less acute the problem of baldness typically is. And that is exactly why alopecia is such a huge deal for a young boy who's just turned 20, he simply can't live up to what his bald head implies in terms of evolution and biology.

So, I think the best way to pull it off is to become more mature in all senses of this word: financially, mentally, physically and stop being a kid playing xbox and bitching about his unfair fate in general.

That's how I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by kadze View Post
    Touching on the subject, we should not forget that baldness has been known for millennia. And evolutionaly speaking, the fact, that this mutation has survived over so many years, tells us that it has some value for women.

to put it simply, it is an indicator of maturity of a man. Maturity basically means power, money, intelligence, physical development and so on. That is why a well-off and well-build bald guy won't put off a girl. With time guys tend to amass money, social status and intelligence, so the older you are the less acute the problem of baldness typically is. And that is exactly why alopecia is such a huge deal for a young boy who's just turned 20, he simply can't live up to what his bald head implies in terms of evolution and biology.

So, I think the best way to pull it off is to become more mature in all senses of this word: financially, mentally, physically and stop being a kid playing xbox and bitching about his unfair fate in general.

That's how I see it.
    Men before got married and had kids at 18, way before their male pattern baldness kicked in. Theory debunked. Women hate and have always hated bald men.

We are not talking about medival times here. This issue should be looked at from evolutional perspective. 20-30-40k years ago and even earlier. In times when there was no marriage as a social custom at all.

So here you're mistaken.

As for the past millenium, you are also far from being correct. It was girls' destiny to be taken as a wife at 15, men ( especially in higher social classes) could wait till 40s to get married.

Quote Originally Posted by kadze View Post
    We are not talking about medival times here. This issue should be looked at from evolutional perspective. 20-30-40k years ago and even earlier. In times when there was no marriage as a social custom at all.

So here you're mistaken.

As for the past millenium, you are also far from being correct. It was girls' destiny to be taken as a wife at 15, men ( especially in higher social classes) could wait till 40s to get married.
    And in the vast majority of cases, they had no choice and were forced to marry the ugly bald guy. Against, argument easily dismissed.

Women have always despised baldness. Accept this simple truth and move on.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

That was a good video that Saleh Erakat made!
    I commend him for creating that video...
    Obviously, he IS being realistic and accepts what hairloss/balding is.
    It would be great to have a conversation with Saleh Erakat!

Guys should NOT BE bothered by women who would would not accept them only due to hairloss!!
    In my young past, I did not demean or turn down a decent woman because they had some type of physical issue or were not 100% pretty..
    I dated women back then because they were DECENT, NICE women, not because they were 100%beautiful or the sexiest ones around.

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post

Guys should NOT BE bothered by women who would would not accept them only due to hairloss!!
    In my young past, I did not demean or turn down a decent woman because they had some type of physical issue or were not 100% pretty..
    I dated women back then because they were DECENT, NICE women, not because they were 100%beautiful or the sexiest ones around.
    You are right Artista+ beauty is in the eye of the beholder so we are all attracted to different women.

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post

You are right Artista+ beauty is in the eye of the beholder so we are all attracted to different women.

I usually don't like to comment on threads like this because I think the answer is quite frankly common sense, but watching that video was painful. However, it's reality.

Anybody who thinks being bald or balding doesn't impact women and their perception of you physically or in general is downright delusional and naive. Of course there is somebody out there for everyone. Midgets, short, fat, tall...people from all ends of the spectrum can find someone to be with I truly believe that, but if you think for a second a girl doesn't care if you're bald or not, especially when meeting for the very first time, you're out of your mind.

I had a friend have this exact situation in the video happen but in real life. Met a girl via match, he showed basic photos on his profile (had a decent hairline, but severe crown and scalp thinning) and then eventually arranged a first date with a girl he really was excited about. He drove 3 hours to meet her on their arranged "date" and when he first went to introduce herself he told me verbatim "her eyes went straight to my head and her reaction was downright disgust." Long story short, she stuck around for a few minutes to not come across like a complete ass and then went to the bathroom and she never showed up again. Probably left through a window or back door. I mean really? Granted, not all girls would do this or as cold hearted, but internally they couldn't leave quick enough.

He's married now (again somebody out there for everyone) but he says that has scarred him to this day. He said she was a complete smoke show and from then on knew his hairloss was going to limit his dating pool and lower his standards.

It's just a fact and not a damn person on here can tell me otherwise. I've seen too many situations in real life where somebody being bald versus having hair has limited the girls they truly want. It sucks but it's reality. That's why we are on this site refusing to give up.

I know I will never give in to my bad hair genes.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    And in the vast majority of cases, they had no choice and were forced to marry the ugly bald guy. Against, argument easily dismissed.

Women have always despised baldness. Accept this simple truth and move on.
    It depends on how much baldness affects your looks. I'm a NW7 but still quite handsome, or so does my wife think. And I don't even shave my head. I have short hair on sides and a short beard. Looks great IMO.