+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 66
  1. #41
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    24

    Talking

    I live in Moscow, Russia. Quite a huge city with a massive influx of people from other parts of former USSR. And I've noticed that girls, who already settled in here, tend to like thin and boyishly looking guys with meticulously thought-through hairstyles. While girls from poorer background seem to value physique and well-being of a partner more and basically don't give a damn about his hair.

    So I guess, there is a kind of switch inside their brains depending on how well-off a particular girl is.

    So, guys, thanks for you sanctions, I am going to stand more chances in the future

  2. #42
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Touching on the subject, we should not forget that baldness has been known for millennia. And evolutionaly speaking, the fact, that this mutation has survived over so many years, tells us that it has some value for women.

    to put it simply, it is an indicator of maturity of a man. Maturity basically means power, money, intelligence, physical development and so on. That is why a well-off and well-build bald guy won't put off a girl. With time guys tend to amass money, social status and intelligence, so the older you are the less acute the problem of baldness typically is. And that is exactly why alopecia is such a huge deal for a young boy who's just turned 20, he simply can't live up to what his bald head implies in terms of evolution and biology.

    So, I think the best way to pull it off is to become more mature in all senses of this word: financially, mentally, physically and stop being a kid playing xbox and bitching about his unfair fate in general.

    That's how I see it.

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kadze View Post
    Touching on the subject, we should not forget that baldness has been known for millennia. And evolutionaly speaking, the fact, that this mutation has survived over so many years, tells us that it has some value for women.

    to put it simply, it is an indicator of maturity of a man. Maturity basically means power, money, intelligence, physical development and so on. That is why a well-off and well-build bald guy won't put off a girl. With time guys tend to amass money, social status and intelligence, so the older you are the less acute the problem of baldness typically is. And that is exactly why alopecia is such a huge deal for a young boy who's just turned 20, he simply can't live up to what his bald head implies in terms of evolution and biology.

    So, I think the best way to pull it off is to become more mature in all senses of this word: financially, mentally, physically and stop being a kid playing xbox and bitching about his unfair fate in general.

    That's how I see it.
    Men before got married and had kids at 18, way before their male pattern baldness kicked in. Theory debunked. Women hate and have always hated bald men.

  4. #44
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    24

    Default

    We are not talking about medival times here. This issue should be looked at from evolutional perspective. 20-30-40k years ago and even earlier. In times when there was no marriage as a social custom at all.

    So here you're mistaken.

    As for the past millenium, you are also far from being correct. It was girls' destiny to be taken as a wife at 15, men ( especially in higher social classes) could wait till 40s to get married.

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kadze View Post
    We are not talking about medival times here. This issue should be looked at from evolutional perspective. 20-30-40k years ago and even earlier. In times when there was no marriage as a social custom at all.

    So here you're mistaken.

    As for the past millenium, you are also far from being correct. It was girls' destiny to be taken as a wife at 15, men ( especially in higher social classes) could wait till 40s to get married.
    And in the vast majority of cases, they had no choice and were forced to marry the ugly bald guy. Against, argument easily dismissed.

    Women have always despised baldness. Accept this simple truth and move on.

  6. #46
    Senior Member Artista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)
    Posts
    2,113

    Default

    That was a good video that Saleh Erakat made!
    I commend him for creating that video...
    Obviously, he IS being realistic and accepts what hairloss/balding is.
    It would be great to have a conversation with Saleh Erakat!


    Guys should NOT BE bothered by women who would would not accept them only due to hairloss!!
    In my young past, I did not demean or turn down a decent woman because they had some type of physical issue or were not 100% pretty..
    I dated women back then because they were DECENT, NICE women, not because they were 100%beautiful or the sexiest ones around.

  7. #47
    Senior Member FlightTL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    That was a good video that Saleh Erakat made!
    I commend him for creating that video...
    Obviously, he IS being realistic and accepts what hairloss/balding is.
    It would be great to have a conversation with Saleh Erakat!


    Guys should NOT BE bothered by women who would would not accept them only due to hairloss!!
    In my young past, I did not demean or turn down a decent woman because they had some type of physical issue or were not 100% pretty..
    I dated women back then because they were DECENT, NICE women, not because they were 100%beautiful or the sexiest ones around.
    You are right Artista+ beauty is in the eye of the beholder so we are all attracted to different women.

  8. #48
    Senior Member FlightTL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    That was a good video that Saleh Erakat made!
    I commend him for creating that video...
    Obviously, he IS being realistic and accepts what hairloss/balding is.
    It would be great to have a conversation with Saleh Erakat!


    Guys should NOT BE bothered by women who would would not accept them only due to hairloss!!
    In my young past, I did not demean or turn down a decent woman because they had some type of physical issue or were not 100% pretty..
    I dated women back then because they were DECENT, NICE women, not because they were 100%beautiful or the sexiest ones around.
    You are right Artista+ beauty is in the eye of the beholder so we are all attracted to different women.

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    618

    Default

    I usually don't like to comment on threads like this because I think the answer is quite frankly common sense, but watching that video was painful. However, it's reality.

    Anybody who thinks being bald or balding doesn't impact women and their perception of you physically or in general is downright delusional and naive. Of course there is somebody out there for everyone. Midgets, short, fat, tall...people from all ends of the spectrum can find someone to be with I truly believe that, but if you think for a second a girl doesn't care if you're bald or not, especially when meeting for the very first time, you're out of your mind.

    I had a friend have this exact situation in the video happen but in real life. Met a girl via match, he showed basic photos on his profile (had a decent hairline, but severe crown and scalp thinning) and then eventually arranged a first date with a girl he really was excited about. He drove 3 hours to meet her on their arranged "date" and when he first went to introduce herself he told me verbatim "her eyes went straight to my head and her reaction was downright disgust." Long story short, she stuck around for a few minutes to not come across like a complete ass and then went to the bathroom and she never showed up again. Probably left through a window or back door. I mean really? Granted, not all girls would do this or as cold hearted, but internally they couldn't leave quick enough.

    He's married now (again somebody out there for everyone) but he says that has scarred him to this day. He said she was a complete smoke show and from then on knew his hairloss was going to limit his dating pool and lower his standards.

    It's just a fact and not a damn person on here can tell me otherwise. I've seen too many situations in real life where somebody being bald versus having hair has limited the girls they truly want. It sucks but it's reality. That's why we are on this site refusing to give up.

    I know I will never give in to my bad hair genes.

  10. #50
    Senior Member baldozer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Bald Head Island
    Posts
    746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    And in the vast majority of cases, they had no choice and were forced to marry the ugly bald guy. Against, argument easily dismissed.

    Women have always despised baldness. Accept this simple truth and move on.
    It depends on how much baldness affects your looks. I'm a NW7 but still quite handsome, or so does my wife think. And I don't even shave my head. I have short hair on sides and a short beard. Looks great IMO.

Similar Threads

  1. "How does it FEEL to be bald?" A social experiment!
    By Alex88 in forum Coping with Hair Loss in Everyday Life
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-25-2015, 04:59 AM
  2. Dr. Bernstein doesn't care about being bald, because he looks good like Bruce Willis.
    By FlightTL in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-18-2014, 06:47 PM
  3. Baldness and getting girls
    By sausage in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-10-2012, 05:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Anyone tried this site?
04-03-2017 02:38 AM
Last Post By Rashid Azar
Today 07:05 AM
can you suggest me a hairstyle?
Yesterday 11:31 PM
by smani
Last Post By k9gatton
Today 04:32 AM
Crown Thinning or Cowlick?
12-13-2017 08:19 PM
by Zuul
Last Post By BaldBearded
Today 12:18 AM
Finasteride and Minoxidil ?
Yesterday 07:38 AM
Last Post By k9gatton
Yesterday 07:52 PM