will Replicel really work in 2018!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • inbrugge
    • Oct 2013

Regrowing your own hair, for me, is significantly superior to any transplant whether from donor area or lab cultured follices.

One is actually reversing the effects of AGA and rescuing your crippled follices one way or the other, while hair transplants just give up on those follicles and overtake them with DHT-resistent ones.

I understand this is more of a 'philosophical' difference, but I still prefer the former one. (Not to say that I would never cave in for a donor or culture transplant-type operation).

Plus, in more practical terms, no matter how good the operation, there is a level of naturalitt with your own hairline that just cannot be matched 100% with a transplant.

So, for me, even a 1-1.5 NW reversal with Replicel is huge! Couple that with halting further loss, I could definitely consider paying 4-5k$ aside from the travel costs.

But 6% increase is really nothing. If it's guaranteed to stop hair loss, without anh side effects, but with that level of regrowth, I'd lower my offering to aroun 2-2.5k$.

With NW0-7, I guess we can say 1 NW reversal is ~12-14% density. So, theoretically, they need double, quadruple their success if we wanna start talking about significant cosmetic reversal. And maybe that is somewhat feasible if we consider that Phase 1 was a low dose safety trial. Unless that 6% was a peak already and Phase 2 has been going terrible (which is unlikely consider Replicel's apparent momentum).

So we shall see

Comment

• sagat
      • Jul 2015

Originally posted by inbrugge
      Regrowing your own hair, for me, is significantly superior to any transplant whether from donor area or lab cultured follices.

One is actually reversing the effects of AGA and rescuing your crippled follices one way or the other, while hair transplants just give up on those follicles and overtake them with DHT-resistent ones.

I understand this is more of a 'philosophical' difference, but I still prefer the former one. (Not to say that I would never cave in for a donor or culture transplant-type operation).

Plus, in more practical terms, no matter how good the operation, there is a level of naturalitt with your own hairline that just cannot be matched 100% with a transplant.

So, for me, even a 1-1.5 NW reversal with Replicel is huge! Couple that with halting further loss, I could definitely consider paying 4-5k$ aside from the travel costs.

But 6% increase is really nothing. If it's guaranteed to stop hair loss, without anh side effects, but with that level of regrowth, I'd lower my offering to aroun 2-2.5k$.

With NW0-7, I guess we can say 1 NW reversal is ~12-14% density. So, theoretically, they need double, quadruple their success if we wanna start talking about significant cosmetic reversal. And maybe that is somewhat feasible if we consider that Phase 1 was a low dose safety trial. Unless that 6% was a peak already and Phase 2 has been going terrible (which is unlikely consider Replicel's apparent momentum).

So we shall see
      Agreed. Particularly with regrowing own hair rather than implanting. Sadly stopping balding won't do much for me since I've been Norwood 7 since 22 now 28. I don't know how they will objectively confirm that this will halt balding. Do they monitor hair miniaturisation over an extended period?

Comment

• xyz123
        • Jul 2015

Originally posted by inbrugge
        Unless that 6% was a peak already and Phase 2 has been going terrible (which is unlikely consider Replicel's apparent momentum).

So we shall see
        Phase 2 still hasn't started - both Shiseido in Japan and Replicel in Germany hope to start in late 2015...

Comment

• mcarpenter089
          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by xyz123
          Phase 2 still hasn't started - both Shiseido in Japan and Replicel in Germany hope to start in late 2015...
          Am I the only one who realizes more injections means more hair??? You guys are acting like the results they had came from thousands of injections!!! I don't get why people just cant be optimistic. The cure is coming by the grace of god. We have all been through too much my brothers and now the lord will finally shield us with his righteous right hand hair for all. !!!!

Comment

• joel203
            • Jun 2014

Originally posted by mcarpenter089
            Am I the only one who realizes more injections means more hair??? You guys are acting like the results they had came from thousands of injections!!! I don't get why people just cant be optimistic. The cure is coming by the grace of god. We have all been through too much my brothers and now the lord will finally shield us with his righteous right hand hair for all. !!!!
            I don't think it's as simple as that

Comment

• nameless
              • Feb 2013

Originally posted by joel203
              I don't think it's as simple as that
              I don't think Replicel is going to help us much but I do think that Shishiedo will bring a breakthrough cellular treatment to market by 2018 on their own without help from Replicel.

Comment

• Noob21
                • Jul 2015

I dont think it will be the CURE..

But.. If it is.. I will pray to god for this.

Comment

• FooFighter
                  • Feb 2015

People, you are boring with all those same questions every time. We dont know what kind of results they have, we dont know when their trials will start and bla-bla, so stop open same threads about Replicel.

Comment

• nameless
                    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by FooFighter
                    People, you are boring with all those same questions every time. We dont know what kind of results they have, we dont know when their trials will start and bla-bla, so stop open same threads about Replicel.
                    Why do you care?

Comment

• baldybald
                      • Jul 2012

Hahaha I agree though

Comment

• mcarpenter089
                        • Mar 2015

If you're so bored than how about you get a life, and stay of the blogs because the people who read the post actually care. Thanks take care.

Comment

• Renee
                          • Jul 2015

I agree with nameless. Shieshedo paid 4 million to replicel which is really chump change for a billion dollar company. I believe they are also engaged in cellular research and this is were the real solution will come.

Comment

• nameless
                            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Renee
                            I agree with nameless. Shieshedo paid 4 million to replicel which is really chump change for a billion dollar company. I believe they are also engaged in cellular research and this is were the real solution will come.
                            And if Shieshedo developed a cellular cure apart from their "chump change" deal with Replicel they would not feel any need to share that info with Replicel. And $4 mill is definitely chump change to Sheishedo.

Comment

• TooMuchHairWontKillYou
                              • Apr 2015

they have deal to share improved technology...

Comment

• Desmond84
                                • Oct 2012

Me and my gf were going through my parents photo album and all I could notice was my beautiful NW0 hairline in my early 20s :'(

I really hope we have a breakthrough soon guys <end of rant>

Comment

Working...