+ Reply to Thread

Default Not another rogaine ate my hairline thread...

So I have come to terms this year that I am inevitably balding and I have resolved to try and do something about it. y I am developing the widows peak and some bare patches on the back.

I started on Minox about 3 weeks ago and have been particularly alarmed when my front hairline seems to be going further BACK than forward! I am sure since I have started it looks like my hair line has gone back around half a centimetre or so then where it was before which is particularly alarming as I really hope I am not doing any permenant damage. Of course googling brought up a zillion stories like this but I also saw some positive results from other people. That said, it seems some of those people perhaps may have been describing the initial shedding phase and I am not sure if they continued on for the 6 months or so prescribed in order to get results.

I also saw this youtube clip which gave me some hope that it could be working on the front and hopefully will not actually set me back. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAYFrPR2zs4

Of course the biggest fear is making it worse than it already is, last thing I want to do is accelerate the loss and I am finding the shedding really tough to bear in case it doesn't grow back especially when literally every few days I see the hairline going back further and further

I just wanted to hear from some others about their own personal experience with minox and if I should continue the treatment?

Do you think Minox is a good solution in my situation?

Thanks for your time,

P.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20150706_111521.jpg

Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	40509   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150708_092437.jpg

Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	40510  

Minox sheds the hairs you were about to lose. What you are seeing is what you would've most likely looked like in 6-12 months. The hairs that shed are then replaced by Minox dependent hairs. There are many on this board with a lot more knowledge then me, this is just my understanding of it.

Minox was never going to prevent hair loss at the hairline in the first place so its most likely just natural progression of MPB. Even fin is not perfect at stopping hair line loss.

so another week in and I am still shedding even more, my hairline looks even more sparse...

I understand minox is not meant for the hairline but from my understanding they say there is no harm in trying... well I guess that's why I started the thread... is there harm in trying? I dont want to end up with a worse hairline then what would have progressed naturally.

I find it really hard to believe what I have been experience is just the normal MPB doing its thing because this receding started extremely agressively almost immediately after starting the minox, I have been documenting it and keeping a close eye on it.

I realise it is early days so the question is, should I give up now or continue with the minox at the risk of it accelerating the loss of hairline even further ?

edit: any thoughts on this video about minox at the front? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7kAT5cXLV4

Also, is now a good time to start Fin? Will my hair become dependant on it?