Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ziggyz123
    • Feb 2015

Bald spot on fin.. Do I quit?

Guys, I'm just so pissed. I check my hair daily and I'm straight balding hard now after 1yr and 9months on fin. What the hell do I do? It's like my body fought it off and made my loss worse by increasing my androgens.
    Attached Files
  • jamesst11
    • Jun 2014

I see it through your left, do you have the same on the other side? The crown looks nearly perfect, which is good. I am not quite sure what is going on here, interesting... Is your hair wet in the second photo? Have you lost density throughout? Is your scalp still tingling and itching all the time?

Comment

• Artista
      • Apr 2010

Ziggy' ! Hi buddy, First of all, how old are you ?
      I would advise that you NOT stop using your Finasteride.
      Your hair looks as if it is only MATURING.
      It might not be hairloss my friend.
      Its possible that Finasteride has kept your hair relatively OK because your hair DOES look OK bro!!
      I would not talk to you in an undiscerning way.
      I care about others, and I wish my scalp looked like YOURS!

Comment

• Ziggyz123
        • Feb 2015

Hey guys, yes hair is wet in second photo. That's where I had the scalp pain. My right side is receded too, but not like the left. The left was always great and I only went on fin to stop my right side from receding. It seems as though it had no effect on me. Keep in mind I was using Minox and fin when this shed and scalp pain took me out. I really have no options left lol. A transplant is the only thing I could really do to maintain and restore my temples/hairline.

But yeah I had itching, tingling, burning, etc. in this area and just itching on the right side since before and while on fin.

Comment

• Ziggyz123
          • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Artista
          Ziggy' ! Hi buddy, First of all, how old are you ?
          I would advise that you NOT stop using your Finasteride.
          Your hair looks as if it is only MATURING.
          It might not be hairloss my friend.
          Its possible that Finasteride has kept your hair relatively OK because your hair DOES look OK bro!!
          I would not talk to you in an undiscerning way.
          I care about others, and I wish my scalp looked like YOURS!
          Oh and I'm 24!

Comment

• Buster
            • Jul 2012

So, do you mean that your hair has thinned out? That's what happened to me. The top of my hair had significantly thinned out to the point where you can see my scalp in direct lighting. For me it was in the beginning though, about 3 months in, I don't think it's really gotten worse since (2 years), but it's forced me to start using concealers.

Comment

• Ziggyz123
              • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Buster
              So, do you mean that your hair has thinned out? That's what happened to me. The top of my hair had significantly thinned out to the point where you can see my scalp in direct lighting. For me it was in the beginning though, about 3 months in, I don't think it's really gotten worse since (2 years), but it's forced me to start using concealers.
              Yeah dude, my hair definitely thinned out.. I have like a new part as well, it's so odd. The thing is I had needle pricking pain there, burning, itch... I could probably get by with a transplant because I usually just comb my hair to the side, but it's really stressful when you use both proven methods and get worse. And getting worse with pain and what not (smh)

Comment

• jamesst11
                • Jun 2014

So, You're still on fin, correct? When did you stop the minoxidil? Are you certain it wasn't the minox that was causing the problems?

Comment

• Ziggyz123
                  • Feb 2015

Originally posted by jamesst11
                  So, You're still on fin, correct? When did you stop the minoxidil? Are you certain it wasn't the minox that was causing the problems?
                  Yeah still on finasteride. I've been off of minoxidil since early December. Honestly I don't know if Minox caused the issues.. That was my first guess in thinking it gave me seborrheic dermatitis, but that inflammation lasted 4 months after quitting and If I push on my hairline in spots it feels bruised. I sort of think my body overcame finasteride because I did have a high sex drive due in that period. No way to know for sure though

I'm going to my doc tomorrow to request all kinds of stuff.

Comment

• Buster
                    • Jul 2012

I don't remember any other problems (inflammation, scalp tenderness etc), other than my hair appearing much thinner. I part my hair through the middle, so yeah, like you, I've noticed that the part is wider now. I saw my doctor about it, then he sent me to a Derm, and they both basically looked at my hair and said, "That's odd", and recommended trying Minox (which I haven't tried yet). That's was back in 2012.

Comment

• Artista
                      • Apr 2010

Hi Ziggy'! Thank you for answering my question.
                      So you are only 24 years old...thats cool!
                      Ziggy' I feel that when you look at your hair, your not looking at it with objectivity and I can understand that.
                      After all you are still so very young.
                      As I said before, your hair may very well only be MATURING now.
                      Not necessarily going to bald! The best thing that you can do for yourself is to not focus so much on it.
                      Your young emotions can and do make your hair look worse ONLY to YOU than it really is bro!
                      Im sure that others around you, friends ,acquaintances and family DO NOT see a problem with your hair like you do.
                      Like I said before, stress WILL cause a difference in ones hair, more than likely.
                      Be positive, you have good looking hair.
                      Of course it probably doesn't look like it did when you were 16 years old--of course.
                      Be realistic my friend. Do not become stressed out!!

Comment

• jamesst11
                        • Jun 2014

I'd just like to say, Artista I appreciate what a positive influence you are on this forum. Your posts always make me feel better.

Comment

• Dench57
                          • Sep 2014

You've got to LOVE the enthusiasm with all that bold/underline/italics.

Comment

• Artista
                            • Apr 2010

Hi Jamesst11 !
                            I was glad to have read your response from yesterday! Thank you so much!
                            I am sincerely trying to help others, especially with commonsense.
                            Ive not been as active as I was before because LIFE gets in the way.
                            I will be creating a new thread here at some point in time.
                            Hey Dench57, your response
                            "You've got to LOVE the enthusiasm with all that bold/underline/italics." was humorous indeed!
                            I hope your doing OK too Dench' !!
                            How about you James' ? Are you OK?
                            Back to Ziggy', what is your update Ziggy'??

Comment

• Ziggyz123
                              • Feb 2015

hey! Yeah, I'd have to agree that Artista has some extreme optimism and a very caring heart on this forum. With that being said, thank you for that upbeat response unfortunately I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I definitely lost a lot of hair, but it could have been due to minoxidil and also quitting. Can't really explain the scalp pain though. Odd thing is that I was using bot treatments at the time of my massive shed and ongoing scalp sensations. I'm getting blood work for some hormones Saturday, but my primary doesn't know how to check dht ??? Lol idk anymore. I'm very close to not opting for fue and doing fut with Rahal because I can afford it. It's all getting very tiring, but you guys know what I mean.

If blood comes back decently normal, I think I'm going to start dutasteride as a last attempt before transplantation. Of course, I will let you caring peeps know!

Thanks again guys

Comment

Working...