Thread: SMP feedback

Hybrid View

Default SMP feedback

Hi Everyone!
    I am new to the forum. I have been researching the scalp micropigmention process for about a year now. Unfortunately, I still haven't made up my mind about whether or not to move forward to have the procedure.

For those of you who've had the procedure, tell me about your experience. Both the GOOD and the BAD. So far, I've been most impressed with the customer service of Good Look Ink and Vinci Hair Clinic. They have both been very accommodating in answering my questions and giving me examples of recent procedures.

I would greatly appreciate hearing from those of you whom have had experience with either of those companies as well as those who've had the SMP procedure done at all.

Right now I just need some honest feedback from real clients in order to make the most informed decision I can make about SMP.

Thanks a lot!

---

With SMP, the plausibility of the illusion (and it is an illusion - you are not getting real hair that grows) depends on your skin type. Darker skins that have less contrast with their hair will blend better. Fairer skin types (like myself) will have a greater contrast so the difference will stand out. If you have paler skin like mine, that is prone to redness, you might find that the blend is not as good, or that, under certain lighting conditions, the contrast between the SMP treated area and the natural hairline is noticeable.

Under the right conditions (natural light, shaved head), the illusion can be good - you won't be able to see the difference. I have had the treatment done but only with temporary SMP and I'm glad that I made that choice. After living with SMP for a few months, I don't think I will do the treatment again. If you are interested in the treatment, I would consider at least going the temporary route first to see how you like it. You should also meet with people who have had the treatment from the places that you are considering going to.

As with anything research is essential. There are many practitioners who have been in the business for a long time who could advise more specifically and will obviously have photos and testimonials for their work. Everyone's an individual and thus the treatment is different from client to client. Research is king.

I don't think skin tone has much to do with blend. As long as you go with a reputable SMP provider they will be able to make anyone's head blend seamlessly, no matter what your skin tone is.

I have very fair skin with dark brown, almost black, hair in a NW6/7 pattern. I had permanent SMP done about a month ago, 2 sessions so far, and I have not noticed any issues with the blend at all. On me, it looks as if I have shaven my full head of hair, nothing more, nothing less.

I do agree that lighting does play a big role in how it looks. With a fresh shave, under very harsh, retail store type lighting my head shines like crazy and to me, looks kind of strange. That's not a fault of SMP though, my head was shining just as bad before SMP. Its just something (most) people who shave their head have to deal with. To combat that problem, I have experimented with matte lotions and finally found one that works for me. Also, I don't wet shave the top of my head anymore, I only wet shave the sides and trim the top with an electric foil shaver.

All in all, I'm happy that I've had the treatment done and do not regret the decision. Although, I'm still getting used to seeing myself with a hairline and looking like a guy who decides to shave a full head of hair. I didn't think that would bother me at all but it has a bit. Having a shaven head is a pretty extreme look, that may take some getting used to, but I'd take it over the old NW6 any day.

Research is key,,with this technique of scalp-micro-pigmentation you need to know who your artist or practitioner is.Ive seen to many people put their trust in Just looking at pictures and not seeing treatment in person