+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Is my hair normal?

I recently cut my hair and now I'm really depressed as it appears my hair is so much thinner than I thought. I've never had it cut this short so I was interested to see how my hair would look with it. It looks nice, but as soon as I check my hair under strong light or if it's wet it just looks absolutely disastrous. I don't know if I'm overthinking it or if there's a major issue here. Please help guys this really just starts to depress me.

Some of these photos are in strong light and really wet, the last one is a normal photo of my hair dry and normal lighting.

Just adding I have a double crown to avoid confusion. Whenever I hold two mirrors, one infront, and one behind to check my crown, It doesn't really look like the pictures. I know it will look worse when wet, but it scares me how thin it looks.

yes, it's "normal". looks like MPB like the rest of us. welcome. consult with your dermatologist and consider fin and minoxidil. that's ALL you can really do right now.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    yes, it's "normal". looks like MPB like the rest of us. welcome. consult with your dermatologist and consider fin and minoxidil. that's ALL you can really do right now.
    Every answer i see on the forum is "consider fin and minoxidil" i don't care about products because i'm not like that. I just want to know what sign is there for MPB because it seems normal to see scalp in a camera flash and wet hair. What other signs show MPB or should I look for?

Not sure how old you are, but if you are around 25 consider going on propecia. If youre lucky you are going to keep the hair.you have for the next 10 or 20 years with propecia.

Quote Originally Posted by Mpbman View Post
    Not sure how old you are, but if you are around 25 consider going on propecia. If youre lucky you are going to keep the hair.you have for the next 10 or 20 years with propecia.
    They said this to me 7 years ago when I first posted pictures of my hair. Some say I'm going bald, some say it's normal. Maybe I will just go to a derm to know for sure.

Also all of these pictures are with WET hair and camera flash apart from the last 2.

Dude, look at your hair in the picture. Whether wet or not, it is noticeably thinner in the pattern of MPB. You even have a bald spot forming on the crown. It sucks, I know, but that's the truth. People tell you about medications, because that is the only advice we can give. good luck .

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    Dude, look at your hair in the picture. Whether wet or not, it is noticeably thinner in the pattern of MPB. You even have a bald spot forming on the crown. It sucks, I know, but that's the truth. People tell you about medications, because that is the only advice we can give. good luck .
    But the doctor tells me that's just my crown, as I have a double swirl it will appear to be more scalp.

Use rogain. It won't help later...but it will keep later at bay for at least a few years.
    Just a dap of foam once at night if nothing else

actually ....your hair looks pretty good