• Show
Clear All
  • baldybald
    • Jul 2012

It will take more than 10 years, sorry.

Comment

• TooMuchHairWontKillYou
      • Apr 2015

SM and Replicel is my only hope for next 5 years. Not bim, cb, US military etc

Comment

• lacazette
        • May 2015

Originally posted by baldybald
        It will take more than 10 years, sorry.
        Maybe ,maybe not

Regarding regenerative medecine, a treatment in japan can be on the market in 2/3 years nowadays.
        And even in america with the new bill, and the fact that it is a ground breaking progress, it will help to reduce the timeline
        let's just hope this us team or others will progress fast with exponential progress
        And we will know soon if their hair follicle neogenesis findings work for wounded soldiers. And if it's the case, we would wait with more peace in our mind hehe

Now I cross my fingers for things like SM, piloscopy,etc..to solve the problem for the few years we have to wait

Yes Luiza I will ask him if when he talked about 'years', it's more 2/3 or more 7/10.

Comment

• Renee
          • Jul 2015

Nothing exciting in that email. Just proves they are no where close to even doing clinical trials, they haven't solved the issues yet. If any other researcher cracks the code today he still needs at least 5 years to bring it to market. Sooo disappointing!

Comment

• Desmond84
            • Oct 2012

I think at this point, we can safely assume cell-based therapies for AGA will not be widely available to most people till 2020. Even Shiseido's RCH-01 if released by 2018 with no more delays will have a very limited roll-out and will require multiple trips to Japan for one or more sessions. This makes it extremely expensive for those looking at the medical tourism option especially people in Europe & US.

On a more positive note though, the DP conundrum may be solved before the end of this year by Aaron Gartner or Lauster. We just can't lose hope. And if they do crack it, expect it to be on the market within 5-6 yrs And that is the FULL CURE. A single session and you can permanently rock that mohawk :P

Comment

• joachim
              • May 2014

Originally posted by Desmond84
              I think at this point, we can safely assume cell-based therapies for AGA will not be widely available to most people till 2020. Even Shiseido's RCH-01 if released by 2018 with no more delays will have a very limited roll-out and will require multiple trips to Japan for one or more sessions. This makes it extremely expensive for those looking at the medical tourism option especially people in Europe & US.

On a more positive note though, the DP conundrum may be solved before the end of this year by Aaron Gartner or Lauster. We just can't lose hope. And if they do crack it, expect it to be on the market within 5-6 yrs And that is the FULL CURE. A single session and you can permanently rock that mohawk :P
              somewhere i've read that dr. gardner left the hair research field =(

Comment

• hellouser
                • May 2012

Originally posted by joachim
                Probably. Why would he bother with hair loss when he's got a full head of hair? He should be out enjoying a fullhead life.

Comment

• xyz123
                  • Jul 2015

Originally posted by joachim
                  Yeah - it looks like he's working on cancer now: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/aarongardnerlinkedin

Hopefully there's another smart post-doc that's taken his place in the Jahoda lab.

Comment

• baldybald
                    • Jul 2012

Originally posted by xyz123
                    Yeah - it looks like he's working on cancer now: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/aarongardnerlinkedin

Hopefully there's another smart post-doc that's taken his place in the Jahoda lab.
                    That is why it is difficult to find a cure for baldness. A very few researches are going on for hairloss comparing to other diseases. It is not difficult to beat hairloss and cure balding becaus hair follicle has a simple structure comparing to the rest of the body tissues.

Comment

• lacazette
                      • May 2015

the Stratagraft is the 3D skin tissue currently use in the army trial for burned soldiers we were talking

Stratatech Gets $247M from BARDA to Develop Skin Tissue for Thermal Burns

Stratatech has received a contract of up to $247 million from the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA), part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response.

The contract is for the development of StrataGraft® skin tissue, the company’s skin replacement product, as a medical countermeasure to treat patients with severe thermal burns.

Clinical studies will enable Stratatech to file a BLA with the Food and Drug Administration for the commercial marketing of StrataGraft tissue, and confirm efficacy in all key patient populations."

Comment

• Renee
                        • Jul 2015

Does there new skin include hair?

Comment

• hellouser
                          • May 2012

Originally posted by lacazette
                          the Stratagraft is the 3D skin tissue currently use in the army trial for burned soldiers we were talking

Stratatech Gets $247M from BARDA to Develop Skin Tissue for Thermal Burns

Stratatech has received a contract of up to $247 million from the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA), part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response.

The contract is for the development of StrataGraft® skin tissue, the company’s skin replacement product, as a medical countermeasure to treat patients with severe thermal burns.

Clinical studies will enable Stratatech to file a BLA with the Food and Drug Administration for the commercial marketing of StrataGraft tissue, and confirm efficacy in all key patient populations."
                          247 million dollars.... wow...

Comment

• DepressedByHairLoss
                            • Feb 2011

I've been touting this discovery for years: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc3fPeNZooA. Where they already grew skin in a burn victim. I was interested because I thought a similar method could perhaps be used to regrow hair. I am very skeptical about the research, medical, and pharmaceutical industry, and I wonder if they keep "researching" diseases and conditions to keep plenty of people employed and generate huge profits rather than find a cure to anything. I've heard Bernie Sanders echo similar sentiments on the campaign trail. He too is skeptical and wants evidence that all of this "research money" is actually put towards finding cures.

Comment

• Hemo
                              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by DepressedByHairLoss
                              I've been touting this discovery for years: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc3fPeNZooA. Where they already grew skin in a burn victim. I was interested because I thought a similar method could perhaps be used to regrow hair. I am very skeptical about the research, medical, and pharmaceutical industry, and I wonder if they keep "researching" diseases and conditions to keep plenty of people employed and generate huge profits rather than find a cure to anything. I've heard Bernie Sanders echo similar sentiments on the campaign trail. He too is skeptical and wants evidence that all of this "research money" is actually put towards finding cures.
                              Don't you think a team that was responsible for essentially curing something as serious as hair loss would be employed for awhile? You're talking about a multi-billion dollar industry, and the company that discovered it could likely survive on that treatment alone.

I think it's less conspiracy and more that administrative costs are so high, so only a relatively small % of funding actually gets to researchers. There are companies that misuse funds, but it's catching up with more and more of them.

Comment

• DepressedByHairLoss
                                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Hemo
                                Don't you think a team that was responsible for essentially curing something as serious as hair loss would be employed for awhile? You're talking about a multi-billion dollar industry, and the company that discovered it could likely survive on that treatment alone.

I think it's less conspiracy and more that administrative costs are so high, so only a relatively small % of funding actually gets to researchers. There are companies that misuse funds, but it's catching up with more and more of them.
                                You have some points with regards to hair loss. But the main thing that I believe it is in the financial self-interest of the vast majority of the hair restoration industry to maintain the status quo. This is evidenced by their extreme lack of effort to pursue any new and more mainstream treatment.

But I believe that my point in my previous point does in fact hold true for other areas of the medical and pharmaceutical industry. Since that industry is profit-driven, they can make so much more money creating continual treatments rather than cures. I mean, I think of how many once-a-day pills that big pharma has produced (they saturate TV with their ads) and how few (if any) cures they have produced, and their motives become very clear to me.

Comment

Working...