US government owned patent on hair follicle neogensis - Page 20 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20

Quote Originally Posted by Trouse5858 View Post
    Granted, since this would be deemed a cosmetic 'cure' for a non-debilitating disease, the patent holders and/ or pharma companies would be justified in charging outrageous amounts for it.
    Pharma companies sometimes also take out health care providers when they developed a better treatment. I remember when there was a new pill for treating Hepatitis C the company holding the patent wanted some few hundred dollars from insurances for a month of treatment - simply because public health insurances in some countries of Europe were obliged to pay for significantly better treatments. I do not know how the cure will look like but with a cure that would be affordable for the middle-class around the world it would be possible to make a few hundred times more profit than some expensive solution. I hope that if a better treatment comes it will be one that most sufferers will be able to afford.

Quote Originally Posted by polios View Post
    I hope that if a better treatment comes it will be one that most sufferers will be able to afford.
    I hope so, too. But it will be very unlikely. They will probably orientate on hair transplantations when it comes to pricing. I bet there are enough people who are willing to pay high prices.

Quote Originally Posted by polios View Post
    I hope that if a better treatment comes it will be one that most sufferers will be able to afford.
    I hope so, too. But it will be very unlikely. They will probably orientate on hair transplantations when it comes to pricing. I bet there are enough people who are willing to pay high prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairmore View Post

i could give 50grand in a blink of an eye, can go up to 60-70 if u promise to make me NW0 and i dont have to use any meditations for the rest of my life

Honestly, I paid already some 4-5k already on some different treatments over the past few years. Hopefully the cure will be nothing you will have to pay for your lifetime. I will end up not having anything for college tuition for my children because I spend all the money on my hair.

Well, I based the 50% on what I hear people tell about their friends and family when we talk about hair loss. Most tell about some friend or family member does not care and is just getting balder. When I talk to others who suffer from hair loss, I always see that they are interested in treatments, but that there are a lot of them that still do not pursue any treatment because they do not trust any remedies out there. So, it is very subjective. Perhaps everyone would make use of a hair loss if it was available under 40 bucks a month.
    What I hear all the time is people talk about others that they know who are balding and assume that they are OK with it because they get up and function every day, yet they themselves have not and could not allowed themselves to go bald. I remember reading about one survey which found that although the vast majority of balding men are indeed bothered by hair loss, only a scant sliver of them actually use today's treatments. That really goes to show that the vast majority of hair loss sufferers view today's treatments as being limited and very mediocre, and illustrates how desperately we need new and better treatments.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    What I hear all the time is people talk about others that they know who are balding and assume that they are OK with it because they get up and function every day, yet they themselves have not and could not allowed themselves to go bald. I remember reading about one survey which found that although the vast majority of balding men are indeed bothered by hair loss, only a scant sliver of them actually use today's treatments. That really goes to show that the vast majority of hair loss sufferers view today's treatments as being limited and very mediocre, and illustrates how desperately we need new and better treatments.
    exactly.. i am actually one of them. I dont use any treatments and I am Nw5. after all why should i? taking drugs every day for the rest of my life doesnt really make sense for my health. but it doesnt mean i dont care about my baldness. I can give up to 70K if there is a cure out there. and I know many of my friends would do the same....
    thats why I dont believe people saying no one really cares about hairloss. there is huge money in this market

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    That really goes to show that the vast majority of hair loss sufferers view today's treatments as being limited and very mediocre, and illustrates how desperately we need new and better treatments.
    Really hope that these new patents will make a change to this in the next 5 years. A lot of exiting research is going on at the moment. I hope that there will be at least something as effective as Finasteride that has less side effect. I would like to take Finasteride, but these possible side effects are scary.