+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Wow there is so much there. Cotsarelis is a big name in the hairloss industry as well.

That's encouraging. I also just typed in "hair follicle" into the query form and the database returned 138 results. Not all of them are applicable to hair loss, but several look very promising, including "PLANAR CELL POLARITY SIGNALING IN HAIR FOLLICLE FORMATION" and "TISSUE ENGINEERING OF NEW HAIR FORMATION" at the University of Southern California. Both have over $340 thousand worth of funding. Not a ton of money per se, but the more groups working on it - the merrier.

Rajesh Thangapazham, Ph.D., a Research Assistant Professor in the F. Edward Hébert School of Medicine’s Department of Dermatology, USU, was recently selected as a recipient of a 2015 Dermatology Foundation Research Award. Thangapazham will receive the Foundation’s Women’s Health Career Development Award for his project, “Genes Regulating Hair Follicle Neogenesis, Growth, and Development.” Thangapazham and colleagues have shown de novo hair follicle neogenesis in skin substitutes made entirely with cultured human cells.

So it sounds like we can do it then? If you can grow them in a skin substitute then put them in my head haha.

How do you think this topical trial coming up could interlink with this? Maybe for gene therapy it works kind of like how genes are altered in cystic fibrosis? I'm excited but how much don't we know? Hmmm.

So does it mean that if they have grown and caused neogenisis in Novo, from all human cells, they had the perfect model par a living human to test products? I'm buzzed.

Quote Originally Posted by JayM View Post
    So does it mean that if they have grown and caused neogenisis in Novo, from all human cells, they had the perfect model par a living human to test products? I'm buzzed.

You can patent something that you have never done.... you can patent things based on technologies that dont even exist.

So, this does not automatically mean anything at all and is probably a worthless garbage patent

So has dr christiano & jahoda. What I would like to know what percent gene expression have the follicles maintained,Dr. Christiano's maintained 22%. Has he tried his method in humans? If not, when is he planning to? Any luck in contacting him or his assistant?

Dr Christiano is a woman.

Dazza I know that....Do a better job of reading previous posts before u comment, he is referring to dr Rajesh Thangapazham.

Somebody correct me if I misunderstood. See link, is this company selling derma papilla cells??

http://www.promocell.com/index.php?i...country%5D=USA