+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Approved drug that could save our dermal papilla cells! 'Troxerutin'

may 2015 : http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4464413/

"Dermal papilla (DP) cells function as important regulators of the hair growth cycle. The loss of these cells is a primary cause of diseases characterized by hair loss, including alopecia, and evidence has revealed significantly increased levels of reactive oxygen species (ROS) in hair tissue and DP cells in the balding population. In the present study, troxerutin, a flavonoid derivative of rutin, was demonstrated to have a protective effect against H2O2-mediated cellular damage in human DP (HDP) cells. Biochemical assays revealed that pretreatment with troxerutin exerted a protective effect against H2O2-induced loss of cell viability and H2O2 induced cell death."

"Overall, these results indicated that ROS-mediated cellular damage was inhibited by troxerutin and suggested that the use of troxerutin may be an effective approach in the treatment of alopecia."

-Troxerutin is derived from the Japanese pagoda tree and has been widely used in Western medicine since the 1960s.
    -After initial treatment with injections or oral medication, patients may be given a topical treatment.

so this drug is already on the market, and have 3 ways for delivery and that study proove his antioxydant benefit effect to protect against the factor that is damaging our DP cells

Omg i'm really going to try this stuff dudes! But I will need some of you guys to help me in choosing the right way, dosage, safe, etc

I know it's soon but do you know things like price or anything? It would be great if you gave us some pics dude

I've just search and found oral Troxerutin 5G for 60 euros. In the normal treatment for Chronic venous insufficiency, they tell to take for an adult 600-1200 MG per day. so maybe we could take less than that but still have benefits on our DP cells. Let's say if I take 200mg , it will last me 25 days. Or 100mg/50days. So if it has REAL benefits, it's not that expensive

There's also gel for topical application that is not expansive, but if I follow the study I think, but im not certain, it would work better with oral treatment

"It helps to stabilize cell walls, making them less permeable, so that fluids are passed between cells and blood cells at normal levels. The medication also affects the quality of the capillaries that supply oxygen to these cells by making them stronger and less brittle. The walls of the veins in the affected area also become more stable, so that platelets do not stick to them and fluids are able to pass freely through them"

I would maybe take orally and topically? Because then you will be getting it right to the follicles plus orally you might get more and added health Benefits?

Also for delivery there are a lot of people here who know how to make the best kind of gel.

Maybe way out there but email follicept and ask if you could use their gel? In all likelihood a no but asking never hurt anyone haha. At least something could come out of it.

Hey Jay yes I think it could be good with a gel like follicept to directly deliver around the follicles

Ive just search in my country France, the drug is sold without prescription, 3500mg in ten single dose packets. Powder that you put in water and drink, so easy use

Really tempted to give it a try, but still wondering if I should take 50/100mg a day or 400/500 mg a day

Ive seen clinical trial studies with patients take more than 600mg a day during a year, with no adverse effects so it seems to be safe (and even trial with high dose 5G/day for 2 months without side effect execpt gastro problems for a few of them)

Dude, if you can figure out a dose for this I'm all over it. I'd rather take an oral and forget about it all day than a messy annoying topical!

Interesting find, nice one. Encouraging that the study only came out 2 months ago...could be a genuinely new insight.

I have no idea about the science behind this though, and how significant the role of 'reactive oxygen species' is in hair tissue and dermal papilla cells in MPB sufferers. Hopefully one of the more knowledgeable guys on this board can tell us more?

However the sceptic in me thinks if this drug has been used to treat varicose veins, haemorrhoids etc since the 1960s, you would really think someone would've realised it's hair saving/growing benefits in that time. Definitely seems worth a try though!

Check this out:

http://www.merck-performance-materia...roxerutin.html

This skincare ingredient using troxerutin is produced by - you guessed it - Merck (Propecia). Surely they would know if it had hair benefits?

Interesting attributes this drug has though...

"One of the most stable bioflavonoids, troxerutin, is known to inhibit lipoxygenase, an enzyme responsible for inflammation and allergic conditions. And RonaCare® Troxerutin dramatically inhibits the formation of prostaglandins, the well-known inflammation mediators.

In addition to its anti-inflammatory features, RonaCare® Troxerutin can improve insufficient microcirculation"

To the layman (me) these looks like nice properties in relation to MPB?
    1. Inhibition of prostaglandins - implicated in hair loss, however does it inhibit the good PGE2 or the bad PGD2?
    2. Reduces enzymes responsible for inflammation. Can't be a bad thing.
    3. Increased micro-circulation/blood flow. Also can't be a bad thing for hair loss as far as I'm aware.

Waiting for someone more knowledgeable to come and shoot all this down.

Yes <Dench it sounds to me like at least a good addon that won't hurt us, and that could slightly help with other treatments.
    All the trial of this drug I saw is short term use, just a few ones ( with like 10 people or 50 people ) were more than 6months, etc.. and a lot were woman, as it is an effective drug for post pregnancy few problems. So there's maybe not too much balding man who tried it in a right long term use to see if there's improvment .
    Hair cycling,etc take time, so even if one has had little improvment, with that few months , it couldn't be a visually difference for him to see it, and couldn't link that with the drug, and even the researchers didn't look their scalp as there were no link between hair, the clinical trials were designed for vascular, hemorroids,etc for the quasi majority in short term use (10 days/1month) and a few ones with long term use but with few participants and more women.

so that gives me little hope that with the right dosage for oral long term, or in topical aplication on a good gel, it could gives good results (at least help to reduce a little little bit the unstopable hair loss process^^ in combination with actual treatments of cpurse)

Quote Originally Posted by lacazette View Post
    Yes <Dench it sounds to me like at least a good addon that won't hurt us, and that could slightly help with other treatments.
    All the trial of this drug I saw is short term use, just a few ones ( with like 10 people or 50 people ) were more than 6months, etc.. and a lot were woman, as it is an effective drug for post pregnancy few problems. So there's maybe not too much balding man who tried it in a right long term use to see if there's improvment .
    Hair cycling,etc take time, so even if one has had little improvment, with that few months , it couldn't be a visually difference for him to see it, and couldn't link that with the drug, and even the researchers didn't look their scalp as there were no link between hair, the clinical trials were designed for vascular, hemorroids,etc for the quasi majority in short term use (10 days/1month) and a few ones with long term use but with few participants and more women.

so that gives me little hope that with the right dosage for oral long term, or in topical aplication on a good gel, it could gives good results (at least help to reduce a little little bit the unstopable hair loss process^^ in combination with actual treatments of cpurse)
    All sounds good to me! Do you think it would reduce or halt shedding?