+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default Baldness cure on the market by 2018 !!

Japanese cosmetic company Shiseido expects to have baldness cure on the market by 2018.

Three more years…

For much of my life I’ve been waiting for this moment. Even throughout my youth I glanced at the hairlines of relatives and wondered what would become of me. At the same time I figured medical science would have to have developed something by the time my hair would start falling out.

However, as I entered my thirties and began to look more and more like an octopus was attacking me when my hair got wet, there still seemed to be no true cure for baldness on the horizon. They were out there cloning sheep and growing ears on the backs of mice, but they still couldn’t give me a little action up top.

And just as I raised my razor to go the Bruce Willis route, a ray of hope shone on my news feed. It said that the cure to baldness actually lies inside me and my delicious stem cells, and that the key to unlocking it would be available in just three more years…

This isn’t some chemical treatment with only a chance of working and slew of side-effects. Nor is this some implant or transplant requiring you to take a leap of faith in your doctor’s artistic sensibilities. It’s a method to kickstart your own hair roots to work like they used to back when people were making money with rock music.

First medical staff will take some cells to reprogram as induced pluripotent stem cells, the scientific breakthrough that won Shinya Yamanaka the Nobel Prize and a fancy new washing machine back in 2012. At the moment it seems fibroblasts are the go-to ones for the job. These can be found in joints and scar tissue. That sounds a wee bit painful but there is already research into alternative methods such as getting them from urine.

Complete here:
    http://en.rocketnews24.com/2015/07/0...arket-by-2018/

This is replicel, and let's not get ahead of ourselves, this is a very unproven treatment.

is it possible it works, 100%, but nothing has been proven here.

exciting to watch but don't go too crazy here.

I will admit the treatments have risen alot in the past year or two, alot of treatments starting or coming to the end of their phase II trials(BIM, CB, SM, SETI, Replicel)

Really?! Have I just read the title of this post and the first line is sheishedo?

Please you have over 200 posts have you not visited the cutting edge section?

i know no one has any real idea, but how much would something like this cost? A painful amount I imagine?

Maybe but maybe not. And it's all relative really. If it's below 30k which it might be and means you don't lose more and they have improved on there previous results then I would pay it.

I hope you're talking 30k as in US dollars and not British pound!

But yeah, if it provided a teenage hairline and head of hair for life I'd endure and pay that.

30 thousand dollars? Jesus Christ I'm only 24 there's no way I'd be able to afford that. Guess I'll start robbing banks if it means I can look like Patrick Sharp though...

Quote Originally Posted by Trouse5858 View Post
    30 thousand dollars? Jesus Christ I'm only 24 there's no way I'd be able to afford that. Guess I'll start robbing banks if it means I can look like Patrick Sharp though...
    If it's $30,000, I'd gladly try and get a loan. If it means I don't ever have to worry about hair, or fin again? That is a bargain imo.

Quote Originally Posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready View Post
    If it's $30,000, I'd gladly try and get a loan. If it means I don't ever have to worry about hair, or fin again? That is a bargain imo.
    Exactly. The peace of mind a cure is going to give you is priceless. Goodbye BDD!

30 thousand dollars is only 15 thousand British pounds (ish) so look at it that way and you've already halved the cost (optimistic logic)