+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lacazette View Post
    Hey Luiza, we really know how it hurts to loose our hair, and it's even more difficult for a young woman like you but there's hope for the future!

Sisheido sounds promising, especially if they ameliore the replicel process in those clinical trials ( I saw on an article that their researchers have big knowledge in hair loss and could add their competence to enhance the product)(that's why maybe we heard about iPS cell now unlike before)
    But don't put all your hopes on them, luckily there's other treatments that are in phase2/3 and sounds promising also for the near future (wnt pathway drug, setipiprant drug, stem cells therapies). Treatments that will help us to stop hair loss, and hopefully with good regrowth. I'll tell you more about them when I have time, but if you search here or on internet you will find info on them

And those treamtments will help us to wait until the real cure like 'follicular neogenesis' treament. that thing will create complete new functional follicles for us. that will take longer in time but it will be the end of our problem ( US army begin soon clinical trial for Bioprinted skin graft ( a complete new skin, with new glands and new hair follicles that are working normally. They say in their patents that it will work for burned skin but also for hair loss), there's also few companies that are working on follicle neogenesis for hairloss
    There's also the '3D cell culture' thing, researchers have succcesfully grow a new hair follicle with replicating dermal papilla cells,etc.. (Sandford and burnam researchers ) they said they think they could go in clinical trial in two years from now ( to perfect their method, and see the cancer safety before they tried on humans)
    Those things will be the 'real cure', but maybe things like sisheido, histogen, samumed, etc that will come sooner , these treatments alone or in combination with good HT or even smp will work enough for us to have a decent haircut and live a normal life without being anxious everyday about our hair.

So it's promising for future but for the moment we have nothing of them lol Do you check your hormones level? your thyroid? your vitamins,zinc? do you take any treatment? Does your hair loss is aggressive, you already see your scalp? maybe with some research you could find a factor that accelerate your hair loss, and if you find it you could slow the process of hair loss. It could help you to wait until new treatments

good luck sista hehe we feel your pain
    Stem cells are still at an early stage of development unfortunately. It will need probably another 20-30 years to get quality therapies. They have amazing potential, but still many things we do not know about them. It is a long way to bring sucessful and safe therapy to the market and it is not so easy like we think. Around 90% of stem cell research is done on mouse, because they have potential to be cancer tumors if we don’t know how to control them.

The best source of stem cells (embryonic stem cell) are still part of a lot controversy and limited research.

If it takes 30 years I'll be 52 when it comes out haha not good news I wont even care this much about hair (or maybe I wll)

I know it might sound crazy but what about Biofibre implants? I KNOW it was banned in USA in the past and it is considered dangerous, so no one even thinks about it, but I mean, what about in the future?
    If they can do fake breast implants, fake teeth implants and all other stuff, why not hair? I mean, it could be improved.
    I know hair is something more complex cause we can't have the same hairs forever and they have to shed and regenerate but if they could do something that sheds like our own hair over time and just needs to be maintained, maybe it would work?
    I don't mean I would do it now but lately they are using reversible knots and it is said to cause rejection in less than 2% of users. It is getting famous in Italy and Japan, so maybe they will improve this technology.

I obviously want something that us actually mine and will grow and regenerate but I can't wait for 20 or 30 years and I think we might have other options soon and no one is considering them now.

Again, guys, I'm not saying it is safe, I'm saying it COULD be safer in the future.

The quote from their facebook page basically confirms the "cure" talk is total BS and up in the air...they admit they still don't know how dormant follicles will react, which to me is the main factor when discussing a true cure.

[QUOTE=FooFighter;211988]Stem cells are still at an early stage of development unfortunately. It will need probably another 20-30 years to get quality therapies. They have amazing potential, but still many things we do not know about them. It is a long way to bring sucessful and safe therapy to the market and it is not so easy like we think. Around 90% of stem cell research is done on mouse, because they have potential to be cancer tumors if we don’t know how to control them.

I think you're too much pessimistic dude . Stem cells progress in an exponential way, and at a speed level incredibly higher than those last 20 years. Researchers already overcomed the controversy issue, as they don't need embryonic cells anymore. They needed them for duplicate them in any precise cell they want. But now it's our own cells that they're using (and found how to duplicate them in the type of cell they want) so no more controversy problem
    and look all the progress on recent published studies , you'll be suprise. Some of them find a way of purification of cells that lead to quasi no cancer risks, others found a method to do all that cell culture 100 times cheaper than actual methods, and many things like that if you search.

I could be right with you for the "real cure" in 20 years, but not for safe stem cell therapies. they are already in advanced clinical trials, without side effects for the moment, like histogen, shisheido. And if you look their approval timeline in japan : http://www.google.fr/imgres?imgurl=h...ed=0CCEQrQMwAA

bro it changes a lot in term of timeline. they just have to prove safety, and could have an approval even before the end of phase 2!
    So let's prepare travelling, cause if something comes out, it will arrive in europe/usa for mainstream use 5/10 years after japan for sure ( unless Cures century bill change the fda regard on regenerative medecine)

With that dude you can't be over pessimistis and think it will be like these last 20 years we lived before, you also add the things like for exemple

the Wnt pathway world,really promising, with a product that is finishing his phase 2, or

the US army that begin clinical trial for bioprinted skin grafts ( with new functional hair follicles), bioprinteed organs that is in terrific progress
    "New advancements create opportunities for everything from 3D printable skin, stem cells and other minute medical applications. According to IDTechEx analysts, the 3D printing medical market is expected to expand by 365% to $867m by 2025. With the advancement of bioprinting, the medical market could reach up to $6bn in 10 years. Now this is an industry to invest time in.

bim,seti, and other drugs,pilloscopy that could lead with no scar and better yield HT,etc..

well we don't need THE real cure, if just one comes out with good results, in combination with actual treatments, I'm sure we could have not the john Travolta hair cut haha but at least a decent one,and to wait more peacefully 10 or 20 more years for the end of this nightmare

I like that phrase héhé :
    bill gates "We always overestimate the change that will occur in the next two years and underestimate the change that will occur in the next ten."

I see this coming up here and there.
    "Its so bad to lose hair.." I agree. "...especially if you are a girl/woman"
    I don't really agree there, they might be more affected by it emotionally, tho I don't really think so given we have several users who has been here showing serious depression.

But my point is simply, the women I have come across who has lost their hair or in the progress of it still easily acquire physical intimacy. Take a short balding guy for instance, they usually struggle hard with getting women. I just haven't come across any woman who has had it difficult finding a sexual or intimate partner, it seems to me a lot of their problems are just in their head.

I don't wish to discredit that they feel bad, obviously it is a big loss, as it is for men, but I just haven't been presented with the rational reasoning of why it is so much worse for women. Even if you got hair as a male you will often have to put up lots of resources to get with a women, they simply swipe yes/no with no need to hold up an interesting conversation. Least in my country and based on my experience anyway. Maybe it is different out there, maybe in your countries it is the women who must gather their courage and start chatting with the men with the risk of rejection if she isn't funny or pretty enough, then certainly hair loss on top off it would be a big blow as you are competing with the other women.

Again I don't wish to take away any of the suffering women go through, or men. I just haven't heard the reasoning why and it would be interesting if someone here could point it out or their opinion of it I don't mean to offend Maybe someone can enlighten me or give me some further insight.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenblastoise View Post
    I see this coming up here and there.
    "Its so bad to lose hair.." I agree. "...especially if you are a girl/woman"
    I don't really agree there, they might be more affected by it emotionally, tho I don't really think so given we have several users who has been here showing serious depression.

But my point is simply, the women I have come across who has lost their hair or in the progress of it still easily acquire physical intimacy. Take a short balding guy for instance, they usually struggle hard with getting women. I just haven't come across any woman who has had it difficult finding a sexual or intimate partner, it seems to me a lot of their problems are just in their head.

I don't wish to discredit that they feel bad, obviously it is a big loss, as it is for men, but I just haven't been presented with the rational reasoning of why it is so much worse for women. Even if you got hair as a male you will often have to put up lots of resources to get with a women, they simply swipe yes/no with no need to hold up an interesting conversation. Least in my country and based on my experience anyway. Maybe it is different out there, maybe in your countries it is the women who must gather their courage and start chatting with the men with the risk of rejection if she isn't funny or pretty enough, then certainly hair loss on top off it would be a big blow as you are competing with the other women.

Again I don't wish to take away any of the suffering women go through, or men. I just haven't heard the reasoning why and it would be interesting if someone here could point it out or their opinion of it I don't mean to offend Maybe someone can enlighten me or give me some further insight.
    Hair loss is definitely more acceptable for men. I know people make jokes when you are already balding in your early twenties and I know it also affects you. But women are seen as sick when they lose their hair. It is much more rare for us and we have less options than you. We can't take finasteride, we can't just don't give a **** and shave it off. It is sociable not acceptable.
    I have always had long hair (I still do) and used to do many styles with it. And now I just can't do anything cause it looks crap.
    I'm not a short hair person and my mum keeps telling me I should get a short haircut. It bothers me a lot.

When men are seen with thinning hair people usually make jokes. When it comes to women people ask you what's going on. I was asked once if I was treating for cancer. Trust me, it is awful. I'm not saying you guys should do it and I know it must be hard but if I was a man and had the option of getting my head shaved, I would have done it years ago cause it screws me up so badly I can't even explain.
    And yes, I have developed depression and anxiety because of this. When it was worse than what is now I had my girl friends telling me I was really strong and they wouldn't know how to deal with it. Hair is one of the most important things for us. We love to be able to change it and style it. It is part of our identity and most of girls at my age like to keep it long.

Maybe you don't see many depressed female users cause as I said, it is more rare for women to get bald, even though it has been changing lately.

Also, for me it is not about how men see me. I still get a lot of attention from men and I have a really supportive boyfriend. The problem is how I see myself. If I don't know how to love myself and be confident, I don't know how someone else will.
    If you are a bald guy and still have lots of confidence you will easily get girls, cause that's what we like in men, no matter how they look. Trust me.

Agree with the lady above. Hairloss is ****ing awful for all of us but it's much worse for women.

Quote Originally Posted by luiza View Post
    Hair loss is definitely more acceptable for men. I know people make jokes when you are already balding in your early twenties and I know it also affects you. But women are seen as sick when they lose their hair. It is much more rare for us and we have less options than you. We can't take finasteride, we can't just don't give a **** and shave it off. It is sociable not acceptable.
    I have always had long hair (I still do) and used to do many styles with it. And now I just can't do anything cause it looks crap.
    I'm not a short hair person and my mum keeps telling me I should get a short haircut. It bothers me a lot.

When men are seen with thinning hair people usually make jokes. When it comes to women people ask you what's going on. I was asked once if I was treating for cancer. Trust me, it is awful. I'm not saying you guys should do it and I know it must be hard but if I was a man and had the option of getting my head shaved, I would have done it years ago cause it screws me up so badly I can't even explain.
    And yes, I have developed depression and anxiety because of this. When it was worse than what is now I had my girl friends telling me I was really strong and they wouldn't know how to deal with it. Hair is one of the most important things for us. We love to be able to change it and style it. It is part of our identity and most of girls at my age like to keep it long.

Maybe you don't see many female depressed users cause as I said, it is more rare for women to get bald, even though it had been changing lately.
    Sure, I agree it is more rare. On options I don't know. You claim you can't take finasteride but there was one here who did. Regardless taking you at face value, it's much more acceptable for women to wear wigs and hair systems. I have also encountered several women who have just shaved it off, and have seen several of them in the media hailed as gods.

I too can't do much with my hair, I have one style that's okay, and that's the way it is. Some men make jokes of their own hair loss, but often there is a lot of emotion behind it they put up a tough face to hide it. You can't be a whining man or you get no where, you need to be confident no matter what -- which women does not, plenty of women with no confidence have no problems getting mates because they are the ones swiping and not going up and risking their reputation.

You can't simply shave it and be fine, you need to have certain traits to look well with it, a good jaw, good head shape, good facial aesthetics, tall, tan and muscly. You don't need all Likewise it screws me up more than I can explain, I have zero contact with women anymore, it's no point, it's just rejections. And those who don't have insane standards and give little if anything back for me anyway, I know there are tons of men without hair and great success (But also seen bald women with great success). Anyway by all means I don't object to many of them going through depression and emotional pain - but what are the _actual_ consequences? Can you still get along with a man? Do you find yourself having to put lots and lots of resources and rejections to get with men or is it even "impossible"? I don't mean to offend you as I have already stated, I just want some insight in why it is supposedly "much worse" for women. I am thankful for your post, it explains some of the mindset I thought a woman could have!

It sucks to get asked if you are sick. I have on two occasions been made fun of in front of a group of people(First time was my ex, second time was my father), not an experience I would wish on anyone

I am sorry for your suffering hopefully we get something good here eventually. I suppose most here should prepare some money for it

Quote Originally Posted by Trenblastoise View Post
    Sure, I agree it is more rare. On options I don't know. You claim you can't take finasteride but there was one here who did. Regardless taking you at face value, it's much more acceptable for women to wear wigs and hair systems. I have also encountered several women who have just shaved it off, and have seen several of them in the media hailed as gods.

I too can't do much with my hair, I have one style that's okay, and that's the way it is. Some men make jokes of their own hair loss, but often there is a lot of emotion behind it they put up a tough face to hide it. You can't be a whining man or you get no where, you need to be confident no matter what -- which women does not, plenty of women with no confidence have no problems getting mates because they are the ones swiping and not going up and risking their reputation.

You can't simply shave it and be fine, you need to have certain traits to look well with it, a good jaw, good head shape, good facial aesthetics, tall, tan and muscly. You don't need all Likewise it screws me up more than I can explain, I have zero contact with women anymore, it's no point, it's just rejections. And those who don't have insane standards and give little if anything back for me anyway, I know there are tons of men without hair and great success (But also seen bald women with great success). Anyway by all means I don't object to many of them going through depression and emotional pain - but what are the _actual_ consequences? Can you still get along with a man? Do you find yourself having to put lots and lots of resources and rejections to get with men or is it even "impossible"? I don't mean to offend you as I have already stated, I just want some insight in why it is supposedly "much worse" for women. I am thankful for your post, it explains some of the mindset I thought a woman could have!

It sucks to get asked if you are sick. I have on two occasions been made fun of in front of a group of people(First time was my ex, second time was my father), not an experience I would wish on anyone

I am sorry for your suffering hopefully we get something good here eventually. I suppose most here should prepare some money for it
    First, I wouldn't see any problem if I met a man who wears a hair system (a wig would be weird though. I find it weird even for women). You guys say it is seen as ridiculous for a guy to use a piece but trust me, it is not. It just means you rather have hair and you don't like the shaved look.
    I've seen many men saying they would lose their masculinity if they wore a hair system LOL
    I think you guys kind of start losing your confidence and stop approaching women and then are not able anymore to realise the way we think. I can tell you 90% of girls won't mind if you wear hair. You guys are the ones who create a scenario in your minds where a girl will dump you when she finds out you are wearing a piece. If you wear hair and shows confidence as you weren't wearing anything, we will not mind.
    I understand it's not just like "shave it off and done, solved!". I know a great body helps. But I am in good shape and it wouldn't help much having a good body but being bald when you are a girl hahah
    I was thinking about wearing hair but I still have quite "a lot" of my bio hair to just jump into that route. It is so hard to decide when you are in the middle of the line

The girls who shave it off and are happy with it are usually girls that don't suffer from hair loss haha I wanted to shave my head once in life to feel how it is but not because I have to! That's the point, we feel abnormal and sick I've never seen a girl going through hair loss and accepting the idea of shaving.

Everyone has to be confident, no matter if they are woman or man. I can make boys come to me without moving a finger but I can't make them stay when I feel shit all the time. I'm having some problems with my boyfriend lately cause I'm always moody because of my hair and even though he doesn't see any problem he tells me I'm always pretty but much more when I'm confident. That's the whole point.

Sorry for my bad English :P