+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Take it Easy My friend, no problem.

Sometimes I do not have time to read all the forum threads, as a matter of extreme interest to all, I decided to share this information. I had not found the subjects in the generic posts. Anyway, I hope this scientific breakthrough actually reach the market soon. We are all anxious.

http://youtu.be/oKRwlNuDMU0

http://youtu.be/-p0Hvrx093I

Very interesting!

By the way the videos were taken from hair loss cure website.

Hi everyone,
    everytime I see this video from Shiseido, i have a issue to understand, what they are saying when: "hereditary baldness cant use our technology".. After all, Male pattern baldness is an androgenetic alopecia... hereditary baldness.

These news are spreading worldwide. I am from Brazil (although now I live in Australia) and everybody there thinks the cure for baldness was found because Shiseido news.

I sent Replicel an email around 2 months ago (they will actually reply if you send it) and asked about regrowth. They said that the method is focused on stoping further hair loss and not giving regrowth. However they claim their technology is also able to form NEW follicles, aside from waking up the dormant ones we already have. So I wonder if increasing the number of injections won't lead to a full head of hair. I know it would be pricey but as you are saying, if it would give me back all hair I had before, I would gladly pay for that.

For example, if we got only 15% of regrowth with this, maybe we would just need around 7 injections to form new follicles and get 100% satisfaction? (I'm not saying it will be possible and I'm excluding the possibility of it being dangerous, I'm just wondering)

Being a 22 years old girl losing her hair since the age of 14, it is hard not to be both anxious and excited about it.

What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by luiza View Post
    However they claim their technology is also able to form NEW follicles, aside from waking up the dormant ones we already have.
    They confirmed it also on their facebook fanpage yesterday:

will the cure for hairloss work for only awakening the dormant follicles or also to create new follicles ? I mean what for those people which have no follicles left ?
    Thank you for your question. Our animal models showed both happening and we have designed our phase 2 trial to include biopsies from some of the subjects so we can look beneath the skin to analyze how the cells react to dormant hair follicles and if new follicles are created. We anticipate starting our phase 2 trial before the end of this year.
    And when it comes to price, there was a long discussion on *** about it based on one interview from 2014: http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/37757...#sp=show-clips
    About minute 3, he claimed, that estimated cost of the treatment inluding cell cultivation will be around 3-5k dollars. But this price refers to their treatment of tendon injuries, nevertheless it is good orientation point. They have never showed the price for treating baldness, because it will be dependent on the doses. And dosing problem will be analysed exactly in their phase starting this year.

That's good, Arieux! Is it in Replicel's or Shiseido's page?!
    I want to believe it is the cure but at the same time I am afraid of having high hopes and then getting disappointed

And when it comes to price, there was a long discussion on *** about it based on one interview from 2014: http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/37757...#sp=show-clips
    About minute 3, he claimed, that estimated cost of the treatment inluding cell cultivation will be around 3-5k dollars. But this price refers to their treatment of tendon injuries, nevertheless it is good orientation point. They have never showed the price for treating baldness, because it will be dependent on the doses. And dosing problem will be analysed exactly in their phase starting this year.
    If it will be around $5k per treatment and I would get more and more hair with every treatment, I would definitely pay for 5 sessions or even more hahah I just want my hair back

Quote Originally Posted by luiza View Post
    That's good, Arieux! Is it in Replicel's or Shiseido's page?!
    I want to believe it is the cure but at the same time I am afraid of having high hopes and then getting disappointed

If it will be around $5k per treatment and I would get more and more hair with every treatment, I would definitely pay for 5 sessions or even more hahah I just want my hair back
    i dont want to dissappoint you but i dont think that if 1 treatment gives you 15% regrowth then 2 treatments will give you 30%

if it works like that i will apply a lot of minox and will get all of my hair back :d

Hey Luiza, we really know how it hurts to loose our hair, and it's even more difficult for a young woman like you but there's hope for the future!

Sisheido sounds promising, especially if they ameliore the replicel process in those clinical trials ( I saw on an article that their researchers have big knowledge in hair loss and could add their competence to enhance the product)(that's why maybe we heard about iPS cell now unlike before)
    But don't put all your hopes on them, luckily there's other treatments that are in phase2/3 and sounds promising also for the near future (wnt pathway drug, setipiprant drug, stem cells therapies). Treatments that will help us to stop hair loss, and hopefully with good regrowth. I'll tell you more about them when I have time, but if you search here or on internet you will find info on them

And those treamtments will help us to wait until the real cure like 'follicular neogenesis' treament. that thing will create complete new functional follicles for us. that will take longer in time but it will be the end of our problem ( US army begin soon clinical trial for Bioprinted skin graft ( a complete new skin, with new glands and new hair follicles that are working normally. They say in their patents that it will work for burned skin but also for hair loss), there's also few companies that are working on follicle neogenesis for hairloss
    There's also the '3D cell culture' thing, researchers have succcesfully grow a new hair follicle with replicating dermal papilla cells,etc.. (Sandford and burnam researchers ) they said they think they could go in clinical trial in two years from now ( to perfect their method, and see the cancer safety before they tried on humans)
    Those things will be the 'real cure', but maybe things like sisheido, histogen, samumed, etc that will come sooner , these treatments alone or in combination with good HT or even smp will work enough for us to have a decent haircut and live a normal life without being anxious everyday about our hair.

So it's promising for future but for the moment we have nothing of them lol Do you check your hormones level? your thyroid? your vitamins,zinc? do you take any treatment? Does your hair loss is aggressive, you already see your scalp? maybe with some research you could find a factor that accelerate your hair loss, and if you find it you could slow the process of hair loss. It could help you to wait until new treatments

good luck sista hehe we feel your pain

Quote Originally Posted by TooMuchHairWontKillYou View Post
    i dont want to dissappoint you but i dont think that if 1 treatment gives you 15% regrowth then 2 treatments will give you 30%

if it works like that i will apply a lot of minox and will get all of my hair back :d
    Well, minox will never create new follicles but I reckon you are right, it won't be like that, that's just me trying to be optimistic lol

Quote Originally Posted by lacazette View Post
    Hey Luiza, we really know how it hurts to loose our hair, and it's even more difficult for a young woman like you but there's hope for the future!

Sisheido sounds promising, especially if they ameliore the replicel process in those clinical trials ( I saw on an article that their researchers have big knowledge in hair loss and could add their competence to enhance the product)(that's why maybe we heard about iPS cell now unlike before)
    But don't put all your hopes on them, luckily there's other treatments that are in phase2/3 and sounds promising also for the near future (wnt pathway drug, setipiprant drug, stem cells therapies). Treatments that will help us to stop hair loss, and hopefully with good regrowth. I'll tell you more about them when I have time, but if you search here or on internet you will find info on them
    Thank you for your answer it is really such a nightmare for us to live like that (even though I don't think the shaved look looks bad on most of the man :P but I definitely don't have this option haha)

And those treamtments will help us to wait until the real cure like 'follicular neogenesis' treament. that thing will create complete new functional follicles for us. that will take longer in time but it will be the end of our problem ( US army begin soon clinical trial for Bioprinted skin graft ( a complete new skin, with new glands and new hair follicles that are working normally. They say in their patents that it will work for burned skin but also for hair loss), there's also few companies that are working on follicle neogenesis for hairloss
    There's also the '3D cell culture' thing, researchers have succcesfully grow a new hair follicle with replicating dermal papilla cells,etc.. (Sandford and burnam researchers ) they said they think they could go in clinical trial in two years from now ( to perfect their method, and see the cancer safety before they tried on humans)
    Those things will be the 'real cure', but maybe things like sisheido, histogen, samumed, etc that will come sooner , these treatments alone or in combination with good HT or even smp will work enough for us to have a decent haircut and live a normal life without being anxious everyday about our hair.
    I believe hair multiplication is what we will first call a cure cause it will give hair even for people with issues like scar tissue. However every single forum I go I see people saying that this is all bullshit and the cure will always be 10 years aways. That actually makes me sad cause I've been throwing all my youth away because of my hair and it seems that it never changes
    Are they actually going to do trials? I had lots of hope in Dr Lauster and his team but I never find any news about them and it seems they only test it in mice, tell us it works and then stop researching lol It really hurts me
    I was thinking about just shaving my head and getting a hair system but my hair now is not THAT bad to go into that route, so I'm thinking maybe I should wait for these new treatments to come. But what I really want is a cure, obviously.

So it's promising for future but for the moment we have nothing of them lol Do you check your hormones level? your thyroid? your vitamins,zinc? do you take any treatment? Does your hair loss is aggressive, you already see your scalp? maybe with some research you could find a factor that accelerate your hair loss, and if you find it you could slow the process of hair loss. It could help you to wait until new treatments

good luck sista hehe we feel your pain
    My hair loss is the female pattern one but it was definitely triggered by stress. I was only 14 when it started and I was going through a lot. At that time I lost around 60% of my hair. With a lot of treatments (such as vitamins, minoxidil, hormones, etc) I got around 30% back, so I still miss 30% of my hair haha it doesn't look so bad (except for the crown) and I can hide it but it is a hassle having to hide it everyday and not being able to style it (cause there's not enough hair).

Well, good luck for all of us thank you!!