+ Reply to Thread

Default So.. I need some advice

I posted here last year. Since then, my hairline hasn't receded at all. My hair has remained the same thickness from what I can see.

However, i've been panicking again due to my anxiety that I have had for years. And now it's back to my hair.

I have been rubbing and pulling at my hair and noticed both long and short hairs falling out. Is this what miniaturized hairs are? Or am I pulling out growing hairs?

They are still my hair colour, not any lighter that I can see. But they are shorter. I have quite fine hair as it is, so most of my hairs are often fine...

I don't have a lot falling out... maybe the normal daily amount. And I probably have more because I'm pulling and rubbing at my head to check.

No thinning on my crown/sides/hairline or anything. Just worried about these shorter hairs falling out with my longer hairs when I rub/pull??

Any advice is appreciated. Please don't say i'm doomed... I do have an anxiety disorder - But honesty is always best. I'm just a bit scared.

Thanks in advance guys, And I hope you're all doing well.

Anyone?

If I had miniaturization would I notice it along the hair line and the crown? My hairline/crown haven't thinned from pictures I took last year. But I still loose long/medium/short hairs. They all have the "bulb" on the end and some are thicker some are thinner. My hair is "fine" as I said.... so having fine hairs fall out seems normal. But some are short and some are as long as my hair and some are inbetween.

Is this diffuse thinning? Would I have noticed it? These small hairs have fallen out for as long as I have been monitoring it (the past year or so) and possibly always, but I wasn't obsessing to notice. But my crown and hairline etc have all remained the same.

Is this normal shed even if they are hairs of all sizes?

I pulled out some shorter hairs from my head (maybe a silly move) and they were about an inch long. It stung a bit after but they were dark hairs.... But I'm confused as to why they pulled out?

Are all miniaturised hairs lighter? These smaller hairs that come out are similar darkness to my regular hair... But just shorter. Some are nearly black from bulb to tip... Just I pulled it out to see if it was at the end of its cycle.. Was it? Or did I pull it out prematurely?

Dude, anxiety is a horrible thing and will eat away at you. It sounds to me like you're literally pulling your hair out, probably hair that wouldn't fall out normally and the fact it stings when you pull at it is a pretty clear indicator you've pulled it out before its time - I'm shedding badly atm and my hair just comes out with no force whatsoever.
    Remain calm, leave your hair alone. If you're that worried see a doctor but for the love of God relax, sounds like you have nothing to worry about.

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply.. Anxiety has eaten away at me for many years.. Maybe I should sort that first!

I do have small hairs, long hairs and medium hairs fall out when I rub my hair.. Though I don't have an increase of hair loss... And my hairline/crown haven't moved.. I'm just worried about these short hairs that fall too... Reading on here they are minaturized hairs sacres me!

So i've been pulling hairs out of my hairline to check them. Some are small... i've always had smaller hairs on my hairline. They've just always been there. My hair is very fine and straight and dark so i've always noticed them.

But i've pulled some out? some thinner, some lighter, some darker, some not. Should I be able to pull them out? I'm concerned again now... I've read that everyone has minaturized/vellus hairs on the hairline making it a natural hairline (unlike transplant) but should they pull out like this? I'm not talking loads... maybe 3-4 after quite a lot of pulling the single hairs on my hairline.

I've checked my hairline in october '14 and in jan of this year and up to now nothing has changed with my hairline... But why can I pull these short hairs out? They probably wouldn't have fallen if I hadn't pulled at them...But the fact that when I pulled a small hair came out here and there on my hairline worries me some.

Im sorry if i'm bugging anyone I just need some advice...

Am i being ridiculous? I need some help, If you think i'm being ridiculous, then i'll accept it and move on. I don't want to annoy or get on anyones nerves who's situation is worse than mine.

Hairline, crown and overall density hasn't changed. Just a few small hairs coming out when i rub and pull them.... This might be my anxiety getting the better of me. Who knows.