+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

That’s great advice doctor Lindsey! This kid is setting himself up for a lifetime of misery if he pursues a doctor who will give him that hairline and as you said there are many out there. I hope he takes your advise. I don’t want to see him here in a year looking for advice of repair surgery. There are doctors I see on other forums who do these very low hairlines, some are even mixing in body hair. The scalps of these people always look raised and red with a very straight line across their foreheads of unnatural looking hair. It’s a disaster.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Lindsey's Avatar

Your exactly right. Friday I had a 19 year old college student and his mom here. He wanted a low forehead hairline, and to go in to diffuse thinning with 2000-2500 grafts. I spent an hour explaining why I would not offer him surgery with his present amount of hair, and when he thinned significantly further, I'd still opt for a pretty conservative hairline. Mother seemed to understand and agree; but as they left, he told me he had a consultation at a major national chain later that afternoon...and he wanted surgery, not waiting, nor medicines.

I expect he signed up.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA
    William Lindsey, MD
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Default Re:Doc Opinion

I am a 33 year old male who has had gradual thinning of my hair..It is hard to tell whether I have male pattern Baldness, or a maturing hairline..I was recently diagnosed with low testosterone and have been put on Testim gel..Its supposed to restore your t levels..Anyways I recieved a hair transplant two years ago because I was worried about the thinning..Primarily in the back..I had the transplant and have been very happy with the results..I was never balding just thinning maybe up to a norwood class 2 with a little thinning behind..I was wondering if it were possible that my low testosterone is what has kept me from really loosing alot as compare to gradually and if the supplements of testosterone would cause me to loose more..I have included some pics of my hairline after my transplants..All I can say is that it is wise to listen to the doctor about if your a good candidate or not..The best are candidates who are in their early to late 30's where your adult hairline has begun to show through..I cant tell you the countless hours of research and horror stories of bad work..People who get it done younger have a greater chance of a disfigured hairline..Do you research..Know your Doc and for god sake make sure they have a stylist who will place hair correctly so you dont look like a torn up rug..
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Ex2.jpg

Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	3517

Name:	ex3.jpg

Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	3518

Name:	ex4.jpg

Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	3519