X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tedwuji
    • Jun 2014

Originally posted by WillyFooFoo
    This is what i find so hard.

If i start the medication now, and even if I'm not balding i will never be able to stop because if i do and i am balding... Yeah, you see my dilemma.

Another question; Is it favorable to maybe take propecia once or twice a week? Or maybe three times?
    Just to be "safe" of further loss?
    the FDA trials suggested 1mg/per day. i have heard anectdotal reports its still reasonably effective at lower doses, but you should consult with a physician.

I advise you to find out if you are in fact balding first, then and only then consider a prescription drug to prevent balding. the frequent visits for microscopic assesment are really your most objective and sure-fire way to catch changes early. I must pose the question if you would really want to start a lifetime drug for a condition you dont even know you have and then add on the fact you have personal concerns anout fathering a child on the drug. Do the cons outweight the pros for a blind start? its something you must consider, i suppose.

Comment

• WillyFooFoo
      • May 2015

Originally posted by tedwuji
      the FDA trials suggested 1mg/per day. i have heard anectdotal reports its still reasonably effective at lower doses, but you should consult with a physician.

I advise you to find out if you are in fact balding first, then and only then consider a prescription drug to prevent balding. the frequent visits for microscopic assesment are really your most objective and sure-fire way to catch changes early. I must pose the question if you would really want to start a lifetime drug for a condition you dont even know you have and then add on the fact you have personal concerns anout fathering a child on the drug. Do the cons outweight the pros for a blind start? its something you must consider, i suppose.
      Yeah, i know but i thought if i "only" have 10% miniaturization maybe i can get away with 2-3 mg/week.. Wish full thinking i guess.

I get scared sometimes when i look at my scalp, especially when my hair is greasy.. As I said, i've always had "fine" hair. Then I can read on the internet that greasy hair may appear thinner.

This is a damn jungle..

Thanks again tedwuji, i'll maybe have some more questions later on. Hope you stick with me

Comment

• tedwuji
        • Jun 2014

Originally posted by WillyFooFoo
        Yeah, i know but i thought if i "only" have 10% miniaturization maybe i can get away with 2-3 mg/week.. Wish full thinking i guess.

I get scared sometimes when i look at my scalp, especially when my hair is greasy.. As I said, i've always had "fine" hair. Then I can read on the internet that greasy hair may appear thinner.

This is a damn jungle..

Thanks again tedwuji, i'll maybe have some more questions later on. Hope you stick with me
        No problem, glad to help.

Comment

Working...