+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 5th month - no progress

It is almost the 5th month after my HT but I still find that the transplanted hair (not sure if it is all) is still in the stubble form. It seems like they have not fallen off or even grown a bit. Is this normal? I mean, it has already been 5 months and they are still in a state like day 1.

Sounds strange. Are you sure the grafts never shed? At five months the hair can be so new that it can resemble stubble. Did you talk to your surgeon about it? Do you have any pictures? You are probably fine.

Sadman, was wondering the same thing....have you talked to your Dr.? Also how many graphs and where is the placement of them? Any pics. to show?

I have just seen my doctor last month and she said that the hair is still hibernating and told to be wait a little longer. Will be seeing her again in 2 months time. I had 3000 grafts done and those stubbles are mainly at the crown area. Oh dear, now I am beginning to worry...

All of your transplanted hair should have shed by now. However, there is a very small percentage of patients that retain some of their transplanted hair. This hair will not be shed and continue to grow as if normal. This is just a thought, but be sure to stay in contact with your clinic and continue to voice your concerns to them.

I agree. The transplanted hair should have shed by now and ideally seen some new growth. Who was your doctor? Hopefully, you're just a late bloomer.

High levels of stress can also prevent the grfts from emerging from the resting phase. Although rare, I have seen it before a number of times. Many fo deal with hgih levels of stress from time-to-time. Then boom, once the patient gets a handle on the stress, his re-growth came. He initially went about 7 months post-op with out growth.

If you want to e-mail me your pics in confidence, I would be willing to give you my opinion if I see anything going on.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Default A Happy Man Now:)

This is the 7th month after my ht already. It turns out that I had worried too much earlier. Those hair that I said is in "sleep mode" in my previous post had started growing already. I really regretted not taking the "before" and "after" pics, but fortunately my doctor did take a few before the procedure.

2 weeks ago, I went to her again for review and she told me that everything is progressing very well. She showed me the pics that were taken 7 months ago. Then she took pictures of my hair on that day and we compared the pics taken 7 months before and after. My mood immediately changed, and from "Sadman", I become "Happyman" My condition was terrible months ago, from what I see in the pics. The hair around my crown area was really very, very sparse and the scalp is clearly visible. Now, though it is not like I have bushy hair, the crown area is at least being covered up. And what I am most satified with is the frontal area. It becomes very dense. I even have friends come to me and asked me what I have done to my hair Well, not sure if you would tell them that it is HT, if you have done one; I certainly wouldn't reveal that to people unnecessarily. So I gave the credit to Minoxidil...hehehe...

These few months have really been very tough for me. I have been very frigthened, depressed, sad and worried that my HT doesn't work. Fortunately, I found this forum. I have gathered much information, help and encouragement from here. I am not very good with words, but I would still like to say a big thank you to this forum and everyone here. Thank You!

Happyman from Singapore
    (HT done at Dr Eileen Tan's clinic)

You see, there you go sadman, a little stress and worry may slow things down a bit but you dealt with it and now look at what is transpiring. More should be coming so let us know how you are doing!
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Quote Originally Posted by gillenator View Post
    You see, there you go sadman, a little stress and worry may slow things down a bit but you dealt with it and now look at what is transpiring. More should be coming so let us know how you are doing!
    Hi Sadman, I'm from Singapore too =) Can share some pictures and info on your experience from Dr Eileen Tan?

I'm a 28yr old guy and suffering from MPB (m-shape). Been on minoxidil and finasteride for the past 4-5 years. Though my hair isnt very obvious now but thinking of doing a HT to look better.

Quote Originally Posted by gillenator View Post
    Possibly we should be calling you "gladman" now!
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net