Topical Application of Oleuropein Induces Hair Growth - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Topical Application of Oleuropein Induces Hair Growth

10june 2015: http://journals.plos.org/plosone/art...l.pone.0129578

"These results demonstrate that topical oleuroepin administration induced anagenic hair growth in telogenic C57BL/6N mouse skin. The hair-growth promoting effect of oleuropein in mice appeared to be associated with the stimulation of the Wnt10b/β-catenin signaling pathway and the upregulation of IGF-1, KGF, HGF, and VEGF gene expression in mouse skin tissue."

I think SAMUMED and their Wnt pathway modulating molecule will be our man.

When I read again things like this:

-"A new study, published in Cell Stem Cell, identifies a molecular pathway that can be activated to prompt hair growth of dormant hair follicles.
    Conversely, if delivered in a limited, safe and controlled way, agents that activate Wnt signaling might be used to promote hair growth in dormant hair follicles in conditions such as male pattern baldness,” said senior author Sarah Millar, PhD,"

Don't SM could be the molecule that Follica's team need after their skin wounding procedure to help to induce hair follicle regeneration?

-“We have at last made a connection between Wnt signaling and human hair disease that is highly significant,”“Furthermore, these findings suggest that manipulating the Wnt pathway may have an effect on hair follicle growth — for the first time, in humans,” said Dr. Christiano.

-"Macrophages secrete a number of factors including a class of signaling molecules called Wnts. Importantly, when the researchers treated macrophages with a Wnt inhibitor drug, the activation of hair growth was delayed—demonstrating a role for Wnt from macrophages in promoting hair growth. Although this study was carried out in mice, the researchers believe their discovery "may facilitate the development of novel treatment strategies" for hair growth in humans. Spanish team

Since SAMUMED is specialize in Wnt pathway, and focus only on that domain, I suspect they already have all the keys in hands to give us a terrific effective drug. Who's with me? x)

Two other things that made me believe in them, is the enrollment of 300 people for phase 2, and that they are an important sponsor/exhibitor for 2015 hair congress.
    I hope they will give phase 2 results during that congress

Excellent post, thank you!

Would be rather embarrassing for Samumed if their phase 2 trial failed, then a month later have to present or be a sponsor at the WCHR 2015. Hopefully this means they knew the drug was doing well before they decided to become a sponsor, otherwise their presence would be pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready View Post
    Excellent post, thank you!

Would be rather embarrassing for Samumed if their phase 2 trial failed, then a month later have to present or be a sponsor at the WCHR 2015. Hopefully this means they knew the drug was doing well before they decided to become a sponsor, otherwise their presence would be pointless.

I agree with this, it would be interesting to find out when they committed to sponsoring this. I feel like it would have to be a long time ago, no? However, they may just be interested in bringing the field forward even if this first compound they test doesn't work. I agree it's definitely not a bad sign though.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    I agree with this, it would be interesting to find out when they committed to sponsoring this. I feel like it would have to be a long time ago, no? However, they may just be interested in bringing the field forward even if this first compound they test doesn't work. I agree it's definitely not a bad sign though.
    Apparently you can send an email to this address:vceh@nahrs.org to ask any questions about sponsorship or exhibitions. Maybe they can tell you when Samumed signed on, about their sponsorship, and if they have an exhibition.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    Seems that being a sponsor there has a lot to do mostly with advertising. Samumed payed $25,000 for their sponsorship.

it's all here: http://www.registration123.com/NAHRS...ev02-27-15.pdf

Topic title needs to include '#mousestudy'

Having said that, I don't care about mouse studies. Show me results on HUMAN STUDIES.

So as a new member... What does this mean? How long does phase 3 trials take and fda approval?

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Topic title needs to include '#mousestudy'

Having said that, I don't care about mouse studies. Show me results on HUMAN STUDIES.
    Haha you're right about their fuc...g mousestudies ^^
    But it's just a another exemple that Wnt pathway modulating seems to be a better way to help us, than the hormonals changes way.

And it's already in human testing with that samumed trial of 300 people

What do you think about topical application of oleuropein (olive leaf extract) on my scalp or temple??

Quote Originally Posted by Marconi SK View Post
    What do you think about topical application of oleuropein (olive leaf extract) on my scalp or temple??
    Yes I really think to try it too as it's already used on skin

"
    Q. How can I use Olive Leaf Extract topically?
    A. Apply the pure extract onto the area. This direct application method may assist in the relief of some skin conditions. It is most effective topically when combined with internal use on a regular basis."

But the problem is how much of it we put on the area for one application, and how much applications per day/per week/per month to avoid any risks?