+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lacazette View Post
    "Not seeing what is interesting about pilocopy"

I don't agree man it's just a 2cm scar and you can take hairs without any other scars in the skin. And the graft survival rate is better.
    Even a Norwood 6 could over harvest the donor area to put on the top, and make smp on sides and back.
    let grow on top, and shaves the sides/back. Ok it's not the perfect solution, but even big Norwood could have a decent hair cut with density on top. I prefer have this one option hair cut, than a horseshoe , not you?
    And even for normal HT, it's more pleasant than fue, it's better to have a 2cm scar than thousands white dots and the impossibility to shave.
    yes i agree. PiloFocus would be revolutionary in the simple fact theres no scar. even if u continue to bald u dont lose the option to shave your head. that is a huge benefit and peace of mind. regeneration aside. no scar alone is something to get excited about, for me.

CB in 2021???? Really ???
    I thought it was 2018.....

I know the time frames are ridiculous, but can the cliche chime in of, "lol 5-10 years away!" please be dead? We all get it, but I literally can't stomach the thought of that awful attempt at humor anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready View Post
    5 years? lol, c'mon dude
    I want new treatments just as bad as you and the rest of the lot, but that's reality.

CB is finishing phase II poc, then dose ranging then phase III and then release and they are projecting for 2021. The only thing ahead of them is SM, which we have no idea if it will work at all, and Bim, which we know works to an extent, but it's a little fishy they haven't announced results or began phase III. Granted, that fishiness is speculation, and I think pgd2/pge2 may have some great merit, we will have to wait to see. If they were successful, we could see Bim in 3 years

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    I want new treatments just as bad as you and the rest of the lot, but that's reality.

CB is finishing phase II poc, then dose ranging then phase III and then release and they are projecting for 2021. The only thing ahead of them is SM, which we have no idea if it will work at all, and Bim, which we know works to an extent, but it's a little fishy they haven't announced results or began phase III. Granted, that fishiness is speculation, and I think pgd2/pge2 may have some great merit, we will have to wait to see. If they were successful, we could see Bim in 3 years
    Reality? You pulled that 5 years out of a hat. If SM is successful, it won't take 5 years for a phase 3 and release. SM is 11 months for phase 3, and 10 months maximum for FDA approval. If bim is successful, it won't take 3 years for a phase 3 and release. Bim is 1 year phase 3, + 10 months max for FDA approval. CB is never going to get released as a topical, you have to apply 2X a day, and is scheduled to be out in 6 years.

I know a lot of people here don't put stock into the 21st Century Cures Act, but when a bill that's transformative as this, and gets a unanimous 51-0 vote in the Energy and Commerce House committee. Then, goes on to get the majority of Congress of both dems and repubs to cosponsor the bill. Also is likely to get the overwhelming majority of House votes (350+), to send a strong message to the senate. I've read many articles that they firmly believe it will be signed into law before the year is out. This would cut a lot of that time down, because they will be measuring results in trials via biomarkers and surrogate endpoints.

Quote Originally Posted by lacazette View Post
    "Not seeing what is interesting about pilocopy"

I don't agree man it's just a 2cm scar and you can take hairs without any other scars in the skin. And the graft survival rate is better.
    Even a Norwood 6 could over harvest the donor area to put on the top, and make smp on sides and back.
    let grow on top, and shaves the sides/back. Ok it's not the perfect solution, but even big Norwood could have a decent hair cut with density on top. I prefer have this one option hair cut, than a horseshoe , not you?
    And even for normal HT, it's more pleasant than fue, it's better to have a 2cm scar than thousands white dots and the impossibility to shave.
    The procedure is way more invasive than anybody seems to admit.

That said, if there is regeneration-- then yes it is a game changer. Otherwise it's just another option.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post

You don't take in consideration the "21st century cure" bill that could help us to have something hit the market sooner.

And you don't talk about regenerative medecine and Stem cells treatments in japan.
    Look at their approval timeline : http://www.google.fr/imgres?imgurl=h...ed=0CCEQrQMwAA

All stem cell research domain will grow fast there, Japan will become the 'place to be' for company and researchers. All the progress that will be made in technology, knowledge, etc.. regarding stem cells will benefit hair loss domain.
    Histogen and replicel/sisheido could be the firsts, or just the ones we are awared of, but competition will bring us new pretendants.
    When you add japanese society's mentality regarding professionalism, I really think the future is there for our best hope. They are in advance and their new laws in 2014 about regenerative medecine proove it

All I'm saying about the bill, is that it has enough political will to become law. Politics have been extremely divided in recent memory, but on this they seem to agree.

"The legislation has also received letters of support from hundreds of organizations, including patient groups, the Association of American Medical Colleges, sixty-seven cancer institutes, and seventy-five research, life sciences, and patient advocacy organizations."

What is the issue with bim right now?

I have a custom order from TLR that I will be trying out. It is .03% of bim in ethanol. I will be applying 3 or more milliliters every night

Quote Originally Posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready View Post
    Reality? You pulled that 5 years out of a hat. If SM is successful, it won't take 5 years for a phase 3 and release. SM is 11 months for phase 3, and 10 months maximum for FDA approval. If bim is successful, it won't take 3 years for a phase 3 and release. Bim is 1 year phase 3, + 10 months max for FDA approval. CB is never going to get released as a topical, you have to apply 2X a day, and is scheduled to be out in 6 years.

I know a lot of people here don't put stock into the 21st Century Cures Act, but when a bill that's transformative as this, and gets a unanimous 51-0 vote in the Energy and Commerce House committee. Then, goes on to get the majority of Congress of both dems and repubs to cosponsor the bill. Also is likely to get the overwhelming majority of House votes (350+), to send a strong message to the senate. I've read many articles that they firmly believe it will be signed into law before the year is out. This would cut a lot of that time down, because they will be measuring results in trials via biomarkers and surrogate endpoints.
    CB will be released if prostaglandin theory ends up falling. 5 years isn't out of a hat. If SM is successful they will start phase III at best case scenario 1 year from now, that will last a year then we got about another year for FDA approval. That's 3+ years already, and it's the closest thing to market right now other than bim, but I don't see why Bim would not be in phase III a year after phase IIb was completed if it had been successful.

From some of the reading I've done, it doesn't seem that the 21 century cures act will benefit drugs like these, at least for coming years. Yes, I agree it will be passed, but I don't think it will affect any of these drugs, at least initially. The CEO of allergen actually stated that the soonest we will see Bim, if ever, would be 2019..those words are out of his mouth, not mine, unfortunately.