+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hair Bear View Post
    I sincerely hope so but lets not forget that in past Replicel have been guilty of exaggeration themselves and things can change quite suddenly, I guess after you have been around the block a few times within this timeless 5-10 year cycles you start to take these estimations with much more skepticism than most.

The greatest thing to happen with absolute certainty has been the streamlined approach to the testing and approval process which would presumably accelerate discoveries and science as a whole.
    The same process may be adopted in the United States (being put forward now) is a big step in the right direction and will open the door to a larger group of researchers and scientists and wealth in the United States but having said that everything takes a while to trickle down worldwide and also market so we must not get up our hopes.

I'm sorry if I sound pessimistic that is not the intention I am just trying remain realistic.

Thanks for the round up though.
    lol @ HAIR BEAR "5-10"

Histogen is not dead!

lol 6 more years for CB, an Italian based topical AA? That's literally useless for every single person on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Trouse5858 View Post
    lol 6 more years for CB, an Italian based topical AA? That's literally useless for every single person on this board.
    Finasteride was OUR breakthrough in drugs, fellas.

pop dem pills ya'll.

Quote Originally Posted by Trouse5858 View Post
    the same thing for acne should be out sooner, like 2017-18 so someone will test it anyway i guess

Thanks for the update. So what would be the ideal most effective stack now for halting, regrowth and thickness?

OC
    low dose RU (20 or 30mg)
    neogenic
    adenogen

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    Here we go, typical summer thread for listing potential treatments in the future.

1. CB from Cosmo, poc finishes this fall and we should know results then or within 12 months of the trial finishing, they plan to release CB in 2021

Yep, wouldn't hold my breath here

2. SM, just came out of nowhere this last year, they finish a massive phase II dose ranging study this fall as well, we should know results within 12 prior.

Potentially interesting but only because nobody knows anything about it

3. Bim, no one knows what is going on, but they are forced to release results 12 months after the conclusion of the trial so we should know the results by January at the latest.

garbage

4. Histogen, in series D financing, I'd say it's safe to say they're dead and just haven't admitted it yet.

we should stop talking about histogen, period.

5. Replicel, getting everything postponed, they aim to start phase IIb dosing the end of this year or beginning of the next. Shiseido should be starting their own trials using the replicel technology this year though, could be released in Asia in 2018-2019

eh, not anytime in the next 5 years

6. Kythera's setipiprant, was work from Dr. Cots at Penn, their company was recently acquired by Allergen, so who knows if this will be delayed but they aim to start poc trials early 2016

eh, slightly better than fin MAYBE--- but expect sides

7. Dr. Cole is doing a research study that has just started on various techniques for PRP therapy

PRP is laughable, forget this.

8. Dr. Wesley just began phase testing of 100-200 grafts using his Piloscopic device

Not seeing what is interesting about pilocopy. They cut your scalp, blow your scalp out like a balloon, and then stick a plumbing snake in... does this really sound more pleasant than fue? If so, it's a pretty marginal difference

Overall, it will be probably 5 years before we see one of these drugs hit the market, but we have more players in the game right now than ever. In the short term, hopefully Dr. Cole can prove there is some merit to these PRP techniques and hopefully Dr. Wesley can begin using his instrument in practice, and getting regeneration with it.

There will be a serious cure out in the next 5 years but it probably won't come from any of the entities mentioned in your list.

There are many research teams working on anti-aging, tissue regeneration, etc..... luckily, even though these researchers are not specifically looking to cure MPB, their research in anti-aging and tissue regenration/stem cells will indirectly provide the technology/insight needed to cure MPB.

If you go look through one academic tissue regeneration journal for just one month, you'll see there is an immense amount of research going on that is not mentioned anywhere on the forums.

TL;DR: There is a lot going on beyond histogen and replicel

I really believe in SAMUMED
    Their other molecule in trial is for patient with final phase of differents cancers
    They work on powerful drugs, and that ' Wnt pathway modulating' is really interesting.
    The phase 2 took 11 months, started Nov.2014 and final data is in October 2015. If they get good results and they do the same trial timeline for phase 3 with larger populations, that sounds good

Quote Originally Posted by TubZy View Post
    Thanks for the update. So what would be the ideal most effective stack now for halting, regrowth and thickness?

OC
    low dose RU (20 or 30mg)
    neogenic
    adenogen
    this is the "extremely expensive" way to halt you hairloss not the most effective one, we don't have any experience with oc, ru it's the same thing as fina but without control on source, neogenic does very little so adenogen which is less effective then minox anyway and 4x more expensive, but at least doesn't seems to give shedding

"Not seeing what is interesting about pilocopy"

I don't agree man it's just a 2cm scar and you can take hairs without any other scars in the skin. And the graft survival rate is better.
    Even a Norwood 6 could over harvest the donor area to put on the top, and make smp on sides and back.
    let grow on top, and shaves the sides/back. Ok it's not the perfect solution, but even big Norwood could have a decent hair cut with density on top. I prefer have this one option hair cut, than a horseshoe , not you?
    And even for normal HT, it's more pleasant than fue, it's better to have a 2cm scar than thousands white dots and the impossibility to shave.