Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • annonymous4a
    • Aug 2014

would a perm damage thin hair ?

Hi, I was thinking of getting a perm to make my hair look thicker, but my hair is a bit weak and thin right now. If I get a perm, could it damage my existing hair causing it to fall out permanently ?
  • annonymous4a
    • Aug 2014

anyone ? I was thinking of perming my hair curly to make it look thicker, I read that straightening perms damage hair but would perming hair curly also damage it , cause it to fall out ?

Comment

• JayM
      • Apr 2015

The thing is with curling you're pulling at the hair more. You can get curling mouses and things but I don't think they can equate to a perm.

I think a good example is the guy who plays doctor cox in scrubs. He has a sucky hairline but it still looks good curled. Have a look at that. Is that the kind of style you're thinking?

Comment

• annonymous4a
        • Aug 2014

Originally posted by JayM
        The thing is with curling you're pulling at the hair more. You can get curling mouses and things but I don't think they can equate to a perm.

I think a good example is the guy who plays doctor cox in scrubs. He has a sucky hairline but it still looks good curled. Have a look at that. Is that the kind of style you're thinking?
        Yes, I was thinking of something exactly like that ( doctor cox in scrubs ) .

Comment

• JayM
          • Apr 2015

You can get good results like that with a moose/hair product. I'm no expert so maybe YouTube it haha. I think if your hair was long enough to curl with a curling iron then it's probably too long for this style?

Comment

• annonymous4a
            • Aug 2014

Originally posted by JayM
            You can get good results like that with a moose/hair product. I'm no expert so maybe YouTube it haha. I think if your hair was long enough to curl with a curling iron then it's probably too long for this style?
            I just don't want to mess it up if I try myself . So you think its' not a good idea to go to a salon for a curly perm if you have thin hair ?

Comment

Working...