+ Reply to Thread

Default Massive hair loss after stopping minoxidil-pls help!

Hi all

I am writing here hope to find some direction. Confessing that I am feeling lost and would appreciate any help. I was using regain for 4 months, which had stopped and reversed (slightly) my hair loss. Good results (photo). The fact is, that I am using fibbers daily, so after a point I got tired and stopped using regain. That was 6 months ago. At the same time I got through a depression crisis and I was very stressed. I believe the combination of these two had devastating results on my hair-and my mood off course. Now, more that 5-6 hair come out every time I pull them, especially from the crown. Have been loosing hair for 14 years, never seen anything like this. Can tell almost the difference from week to week.

Moreover, I have developed a scalp problem (could be skin skin dysaesthesia, have seen a couple of doctors but still not 100% sure). My skin feels acidic, especially when I use fibbers for 2-3 days, which also adds to my stress. Again, I use fibbers on a daily basis and most people do not know the level of my hair loss. And now I might have to quit.

I live in London and visited a private dermatologist at Belgravia Centre, who apparently suggested starting a treatment there with their meds. I am thinking about it. At the same time I am wondering…does it worth it? Is there a way back? I feel already very tired. Should I just stop playing with my hair and scalp and let nature take its way? I am considering a hair tattoo, just to stop thinking about it…

Again, any advice highly appreciated…Thanks!
    Attached Images

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon WHTC Clinic's Avatar

Take a minute to breath. Don't make any decisions right now, but you will likely further complicate your situation with a hair tattoo. Out of your few physical issues, you have one solution; the minoxidil (Rogaine) was working. Your scalp should be examined by a dermatologist, so get multiple opinions before choosing the provider. Lastly, see an expert hair loss physician after you get the dermatologists' opinions.

If it helps, you could supply Dr. Patrick Mwamba with a bit of info about your medications, medical history, and lots of photos for his recommendation at no charge. There are protocols that we use to treat each patient so that you correctly address the primary causes of the conditions first.

Click here for a recommendation from Dr. Patrick Mwamba
    Click here for a free hair loss recommendation from Dr. Patrick Mwamba

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC clinic.

Consultations with Dr. Patrick Mwamba
    London, UK - Available (Sat.)
    Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Sat.)
    Bologna, Italy - Available (Sat.)
    Brussels, Belgium - Available (Mon. - Sun.)

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Email
    customer.care@mywhtc.com
    Telephone
    +32 479-75-3281 (Belgium)
    +44-203-318-6228 (UK)
    les meilleures solutions chirurgicales pour la perte de cheveux

Quote Originally Posted by Ericc View Post
    Hi all

I am writing here hope to find some direction. Confessing that I am feeling lost and would appreciate any help. I was using regain for 4 months, which had stopped and reversed (slightly) my hair loss. Good results (photo). The fact is, that I am using fibbers daily, so after a point I got tired and stopped using regain. That was 6 months ago. At the same time I got through a depression crisis and I was very stressed. I believe the combination of these two had devastating results on my hair-and my mood off course. Now, more that 5-6 hair come out every time I pull them, especially from the crown. Have been loosing hair for 14 years, never seen anything like this. Can tell almost the difference from week to week.

Moreover, I have developed a scalp problem (could be skin skin dysaesthesia, have seen a couple of doctors but still not 100% sure). My skin feels acidic, especially when I use fibbers for 2-3 days, which also adds to my stress. Again, I use fibbers on a daily basis and most people do not know the level of my hair loss. And now I might have to quit.

I live in London and visited a private dermatologist at Belgravia Centre, who apparently suggested starting a treatment there with their meds. I am thinking about it. At the same time I am wondering…does it worth it? Is there a way back? I feel already very tired. Should I just stop playing with my hair and scalp and let nature take its way? I am considering a hair tattoo, just to stop thinking about it…

Again, any advice highly appreciated…Thanks!

I got the same thing. I had to quit minoxidil because of scalp issues and Its been a disaster to my hairline ever since.

Hey eric,
    The minoxidil was obviously working. Were you using the foam or the liquid? I found that the liquid irritated the hell out of my scalp, while the foam did not. Also, are you using ketocanozol shampoo?

Quote Originally Posted by Ericc View Post
    Should I just stop playing with my hair and scalp and let nature take its way?

yes.

Tbh it really doesn't look that bad mate.
    I'd kill for the amount of hair you have.

I noticed also though with regain that it did work. My hair felt thicker. Once I stopped using it - it got much worse!!!
    It's so expensive to keep using and I just couldn't afford it
    So I think now unless I can defiantly afford it forever I'm not going to use anything like that