X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew21
    • Jun 2015

Topical Spiro on Hairline?

Hey guys,
    I recently purchased the s5 cream of topical spironolactone and I plan to be adding it to my hairline and temple area. Does anyone have experience with topical antiandrogens?

Do you recommend it?

(I have been on Propecia for 1 year now but I am still experiencing rapid frontal loss.
    I'm looking to add something to my regime to stop my hairline from receding.)
  • Andrew21
    • Jun 2015

bump

Comment

• Ziggyz123
      • Feb 2015

Hey man, at one year on propecia I experienced rapid frontal loss and thinning. I would definitely use spiro on the hairline but I hate topical a because they irritate me. I've seen it regrow hair on people and also have seen people complain about it not working. Anything is worth a try honestly.

This guy had good results on another forum like many others. Not sure if the link will post though =/

Comment

• Andrew21
        • Jun 2015

Thanks for the reply Ziggyz123!
        I was also considering applying topical Finasteride and Durastride. Have you heard of anyone doing this?
        If so, how would I go about applying it?

Comment

• Not giving up
          • Jun 2015

I'm using topical Spiro s5 cream. Currently still shedding as I was before but I think it does ease the MPB itch I get, so it might be doing something at least.
          As for topical fin, Desmond has a new type but he thinks it might still be causing sides.

Comment

• jamesst11
            • Jun 2014

I personally don't understand why anyone puts stock in s5 cream... If some one could show me pictures of positive results from this I would consider it too. It's just been one of those things that has been talked about for years and years because of it's POTENTIAL, given it's INGREDIENTS. BUT, where has anyone mentioned regrowth or even maintanence from just spiro alone?

Comment

• JayM
              • Apr 2015

Has anyone used it with dermarolling?

Comment

• Andrew21
                • Jun 2015

Not giving up - How long have you been using the s5 cream? Is it hard to apply/how much are you supposed to use?

Comment

• Andrew21
                  • Jun 2015

jamesst11 - yes it seems like a long shot from working. What about topical Finasteride and Durastride? Have you heard of anyone doing this?

Comment

• Not giving up
                    • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Andrew21
                    Not giving up - How long have you been using the s5 cream? Is it hard to apply/how much are you supposed to use?
                    I won't lie, if you still have a decent head of hair it's a bitch to apply. I've just been away on business for a few days and out on the lash a few nights in a row so my use is pretty infrequent. I do feel like it might do something if I was committed though.
                    Christ, this is why a side free oral would be perfect, I'd love to just pop a pill every morning and have my hair loss covered without worrying about my junk, topical are just long.

Comment

• JayM
                      • Apr 2015

They should invent a topical comb so you can comb it though your hair and it comes out of the ends in contact with your scalp.

Comment

• Andrew21
                        • Jun 2015

Not giving up - I know what you mean if only Propecia would have worked... How are you applying it? dermarolling?

Comment

• jamesst11
                          • Jun 2014

I personally think topical fin and topical dut are only going to be effective if they do go systemic... in which case, you'd still be risking the sides.. especially if you dermaroll before.

Comment

• Ceharon
                            • Jul 2015

Originally posted by JayM
                            They should invent a topical comb so you can comb it though your hair and it comes out of the ends in contact with your scalp.
                            good idea

Comment

Working...