+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 3D hair follicle culture

26 may 2015 : http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4444612/

"Although a successful strategy to generate human hair follicles from adult cells has not yet been reported, the results presented in this review suggest the issues that need to be addressed before success can be achieved. Perhaps the most important of those issues is to provide cells with a three-dimensional structure that simulates the natural scaffold.
    Improving culture conditions that allow the expansion of these cells without losing their natural properties, as well as selecting the appropriate epithelial stem cells, should give us the tools needed to face the challenge of regenerating human hair follicles."

With a quick research, the tools needed seems not far away, some exemples:

-“Here, the Christiano and Jahoda groups join forces to tackle this hurdle by maintaining human scalp dermal papilla in 3-D cultures.
    Many have tried 3-D culture in the past, Fuchs adds. But “the approach this group used appears to be particularly effective.”

-IBN 3D Hair Follicle Model : The team who developed the 3D hair follicle structure is headed by Dr. Andrew Wan. In a nutshell, they have developed an in vitro 3D hair follicle model that mimics the cellular characteristics of a real hair follicle.

-Theracell is trying to regrow hair via cell-based hair regeneration. They state that they will isolate stem cells from 10-20 follicles and use 3-D culturing to increase their numbers significantly prior to injecting them into the scalp as pre-follicular units.

-Dr Beren Atac: 3D Micro Hair Follicle Culture In a Dynamic Chip Bioreactor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgASnUOUMN4

Well I stop here but there are many other exemples.

That's the real cure for hairloss, I know its gonna take 15-20 years or more, but it's good for the new generations. (and who knows, with exponential science progress and easy-to-market approval, we could have a great surprise in 10 years )

Quote Originally Posted by lacazette View Post
    26 may 2015 :
    I know its gonna take 15-20 years or more, but it's good for the new generations.
    It isn't really a consolation for me, that we may be the last balding generation...

Yes for me too dude, but with exponential science progress it could be in 10 years we don't know. Many teams are working on 3D culture, so 10 years or so of clinical trials in countries like japan could give us the cure sooner than we think.

But for now,with a combination of big FUE/BHT + SMP + new treatments that are coming in the next few years, I think we could live many years with a decent hair cut, and not as a balding guy

Yes for me too dude, but with exponential science progress it could be in 10 years we don't know. Many teams are working on 3D culture, so 10 years or so of clinical trials in countries like japan could give us the cure sooner than we think.

But for now,with a combination of big FUE/BHT + SMP + new treatments that are coming in the next few years, I think we could live many years with a decent hair cut, and not as a balding guy
    What would help is if 3D culturing is helpful in other areas... like general regeneration, tissue engineering, cancer, other diseases etc.... that means others may be trying to solve the puzzle beyond the less than dozen hair loss researchers

In ten years I'll be 43. Man, when it comes to my hair, I wish I was 15 again.

@lacazette: I love that optimistic attitude in your posts

Now effects from HT are very limited when it comes to high norwoods, but it's only viable solution.

In 10 years I will be 30, it's my biggest dream to have in that age teen-like hairstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    In ten years I'll be 43. Man, when it comes to my hair, I wish I was 15 again.
    Haha totally agree man.

But we could be wrong, it could come in 30 years, or in less than 10 years we just don't know at all.

But 3D culturing is already becoming a reality when you see that theracell are in pre clinical phase.

"Currently the project is in a pre-clinical phase which is estimated to be completed within the next twelve (12) months. "

And they're surely not the only company that are in pre clinical phase.

Optimistic mode: imagine the pre clinical is good, they will begin phase 1 in one year. Then let's say 2 years to complete phase 1. THen they begin phase 2 in japan , and as soon as the safety is proven, they could have a temporary approval for market there, even before the end of phase 2. So you could have the procedure done in Japan in 4-5 years! ( okay I know Im dreaming, theres always problems that come in, so let's say 6,7,8 years if we're optimist

Pessimist mode: In 20 years and it will be too late for us
    ( but as I said, we don't need the 'real' complete cure to save us now:
    - a drug that stop or really really really slow the hair loss, that with a big HT ( and Bht, SMP,etc) = we're almost saved
    - stem cell treatments that works + ht = we're saved

So we can have hope for the near future even if we are pessimistic

Quote Originally Posted by Arieux View Post
    @lacazette: I love that optimistic attitude in your posts

Now effects from HT are very limited when it comes to high norwoods, but it's only viable solution.

In 10 years I will be 30, it's my biggest dream to have in that age teen-like hairstyle.
    Omg I'm jealous dude, I will be 37 in 10 years ^^
    Which Norwood are you? do you take treatments?

I'm sure you will live your 30's without thinking about hair loss. Science and biotechnology progress so faster than before and in an exponential way, so we can't compared the situation like 10 years ago, even 5. For exemple, the progress they made during 1980-2010 , could be made in 5 years today or even less, and it will continue like that, so we have to be optimistic

That's the real cure for hairloss, I know its gonna take 15-20 years or more
    Ask yourself:

What does 15-20 years tell them that 5-10 years does not? Why not 2 years? Why not 40 years? These projects are ridiculous.

@ lacazette:

I'am NW 2 or about 2,5, but my situation is getting worse. As I wrote in my thread, I use for few months revivogen ST, ketho, suplements and I will add dermaroller soon. However, I don't see any improvement, that's why I consider taking finasteride, but I am really afraid of its possible sides. I really look forward to the new treatments, there are a lot of them in the horizon, but I'am afraid that I won't manage to hold my actual hair...