+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thank you so much I have a question what is a mature hairline I heard that is just a euphemism for going bald? Also my forelock area and my right temple haven't seemed to recede at all as they meet the top of my wrinkles. Could my left temple be the first to go? Also most of my cousins seem to have a similar hairline to me but have more rounded ends. I have an appointment with a derm on the 28th of june and an appointment with a therapist of the 23rd of June. Could this just be my natural hair growing back in? Also is it normal for a male to develop a mature hairline at 15? Is this a sign for further hairloss?

I have also always seemed to have had those rounded ends to my hairline. Is there anyway possible that I'm not experiencing any hairloss at all? I just don't want to be this young

I understand how MPB works but could this just be my hairline changing as I go through puberty? I read that is a thing also my friends and family tell me that they see no difference in my hairline

Quote Originally Posted by Dude18 View Post
    I understand how MPB works but could this just be my hairline changing as I go through puberty?
    Yes!

As males get older their hair line changes. The hair line you have as as child is rarely the same hair line that you will have as an adult. When I was a kid my hair line was round. When, I became a teenager I developed a widows peak. However, my older brother always had a widows peak from when he was a kid. You can not make or draw conclusions about your own hair growth pattern based on that of any of your relatives. Everyone's hair growth or hair loss is entirely unique. This also applies to identical twins. Male pattern baldness can also skip generations, and not occur to all male siblings .

If you are worried about hair loss the last thing you want to do is stress yourself out about it as this can lead to you actually experiencing hair loss. It is good that you took pictures of your hair now. I would advise you to wait another 6 months or even 1 year and take more similar pictures to the ones you have already taken, and then evaluate your hair situation.

As of right now, there really is no point in you stressing out about it because even if you did have male pattern hair loss it is not advisable for you to start taking treatments due to your age.

Ok awesome thank you so much I know I am working on my stress!

However in the end it is still a maybe if I show hairloss or a definite yes?