+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Am I experiencing hairloss?

Hey I'm nearly 16 and I have been wondering if I have been experiencing hairloss or showing signs of MPB. My dad started losing hair in his late twenties but both of my grandfathers had full heads (one started losing hair later in his life) of hair and out of eight uncles only two have shown signs of hairloss. One in his thirties and the other in his late 50s, but none are NW7. I do have anxiety problems and I have been stuck on wether or not I am truly balding or I am just seeing things. The sides of my head have always seemed to be rounded though and I do style my hair in the front. Can someone please help me and give me an honest opinion?Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	40159Click image for larger version

Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	40167Click image for larger version

Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	40166Click image for larger version

Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	40165Click image for larger version

Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	40164Click image for larger version

Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	40163Click image for larger version

Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	40162Click image for larger version

Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	40161Click image for larger version

Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	40160Click image for larger version

Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	40168
    The last two images show my hair when I was very young and my hair now and how i style it.

Oh and another thing I forgot to mention is that I haven't been experiencing an abnormal amount of shedding. Also if I am experiencing hairloss what is recommended for young kid like me to help stop it?

Do you have any pics of yourself with your hair back from a couple years ago? Have you always had a widows peak? Does any MPB run in your family? If so, which members and at what age did they start experiencing it. It looks like you may be, but it's hard to entirely diagnose without some reference points. In my opinion, For your age, nothing is recommended, except some natural supplements... You need to wait until your at least 18 to start trying things like finasteride and minoxidil.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    Do you have any pics of yourself with your hair back from a couple years ago? Have you always had a widows peak? Does any MPB run in your family? If so, which members and at what age did they start experiencing it. It looks like you may be, but it's hard to entirely diagnose without some reference points. In myClick image for larger version

Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	40181 opinion, For your age, nothing is recommended, except some natural supplements... You need to wait until your at least 18 to start trying things like finasteride and minoxidil.
    Thank you from what I can remember and looking at old pics I have always had those rounded edges to my hairline. The pic is 81 weeks old. My father stared in his late twenties but his brother has a full head of hair and I have one uncle the started thinning young but he still has some hair up top. I'm not sure when he started but that is only one of eight uncles. My moms dad had a full head of hair his whole life. The forehead wrinkles should show my juvenile hairline right?

This also is around my 11th birthday I think it shows a widows peak.Ive also been told that the little duvet in my hairline is from my hairline cowlick and I have seemed to always had that.
    Click image for larger version

Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	40182

Click image for larger version

Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	40183Here is another photo from when I was about third or fourth grade. Does it show a widows peak? Also can I please get other opinions I really want to know if I am and I'm really nervous because I don't want to start balding at such a young age.

Please anybody?

Is a maybe the best answer I can get at this time? I'm super anxious and just want to know

It is very hard to say if you are experiencing mpb hair loss right now, as you may just be developing a mature adult hair line. You are most definitely not balding in your crown or vertex area. Your left temple seems to be fine; however your right temple may have suffered from mpb hair loss.

Given that you are under 18 it is not advisable that you take any medication for hair loss because they can most definitely impact on your reproductive organ and its development. I would also not advise you to take Minoxidil right now as you may not even have mpb hair loss right now and taking it can indeed make your hair worse in the long run.

So, what can you do? Well, you stated that you suffer from anxiety. If you are on anti-anxiety medication you need to try to get off them as they are associated with hair loss. Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs), which are used to treat anxiety and depression, can indeed cause hair loss. Also, stress itself can cause hair loss.

I would suggest that you try meditation, hypnotherapy or music therapy to try to deal with your deal with your anxiety issues.

In addition, I would also suggest that you do cardio exercise like swimming or running to get your natural endorphins flowing.

http://www.hishairclinic.com/can-hai...tidepressants/

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...y+hypnotherapy

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...binaural+beats

*I would suggest that you try meditation, hypnotherapy or music therapy to try to deal with your anxiety issues.