+ Reply to Thread

Default brazilian keratin treatment without formaldehyde ? ?

Im considering trying brazilian keratin treatment without formaldehyde for my hair. Will it affect my hair loss in any negative or positive way ? . I want to try it because my hair is really frizzy and it makes it look very dry

bump! wondering the exact same thing. I hate frizz as much s I hate baldness!

I had the Coppola Keratin treatment just over 12 mths ago at a salon so was keen to give this a go as I couldn't justify the cost to go back to the salon.

I followed all the directions, and having had the treatment applied before, I felt ok doing it myself. I did take a while, from the initial step of washing with the clarifying shampoo supplied in the kit https://womentake.com/best-shampoo-f...ilian-blowout/ to the final flat ironing. Then you have to leave it in for 48 hours before washing (I did buy the matching shampoo and conditioner, as I previously using the Organix shea butter range and really liked them) and can't tie your hair back or put it behind your ears etc.

I noticed a couple of things that are worth mentioning.
    One, after the treatment, the product in my hair felt really and waxy and kind of stiff. It didn't look too bad, but the feel was yucky. After the salon treatment I remember it felt more 'normal'. This time, I wasn't even sure I could leave it in for 2 days. I'm not sure why this happened. Perhaps less efficient flat ironing on my part (you have to pass the iron over the hair 7-10 times, in small sections).

Two, my hair is dyed mid-dark brown with light brown foil highlights. The treatment has actually taken the colour back a couple of shades, especially the highlighted parts. And the colour was quite brassy (orange). I didn't mind the lightening but not so keen on the brassiness. While in the 2 day wait I bought a blonde toner, only $5, to use after washing to try and correct the orange.

So, I stuck it out for 2 days, and I admit the product did get absorbed and it was not quite as waxy, especially in the ends. But I couldn't wait to wash it out!
    I used the Organix products and the toner after the conditioner. And the end results, after the first wash?...really, really impressed!
    My hair is lovely and soft and silky. It was so easy to blow dry and straighten, and has a healthy shine. I will be interested to see how long it lasts, but so far I'm pleased with the results for the price.

I have no idea about safety for use while BF though. I didn't find the fumes unpleasant, but they were definitely there, and to have the effect it must have some chemical reaction going on.