+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    So, the 95% of hair loss sufferers which are AGA sufferers, get snubbed once again huh? Cool. Nice to see the priorities of researchers are in check.
    lol I don't think that's really an accurate representation of how this 'cure' unfolded. From what I've read, it seems like they simply got lucky and stumbled upon it because the science isn't overly complex. There's just no way that AA treatments receive more funding than their AGA counterparts.

Damn from almost complete baldness to a luxurious head full of shining hair how awesome .

Default AA vs AGA

Can someone please tell me how to know for sure if what i have it AA vs AGA? I have thinning all over, even on the sides and back. I've been to the doctor 3x and he never even mentioned AA. He just gives me propecia and recommended minoxdil and send me on my way.

My blood works come out normal. Is there maybe a test to say if it's mbp or AA?

How significantly different are your sides thinning compared to the top, if at all? I think AGA often present earlier in life, so you likely would have started to lose hair (even if just a patch) at an age when MPB wasn't normal (but don't quote me on that). I'm sure there is a blood/other test to determine but it sounds like you'll have to go to someone other than your derm to diagnose.

Quote Originally Posted by Trouse5858 View Post
    lol I don't think that's really an accurate representation of how this 'cure' unfolded. From what I've read, it seems like they simply got lucky and stumbled upon it because the science isn't overly complex. There's just no way that AA treatments receive more funding than their AGA counterparts.
    Logically you wouldn't think so, but new treatments for AA are sprouting up all over the place: from this study to Xeljanz to prednisone to steroid growth treatments. Yet what do AGA sufferers currently have? The same limited and mediocre sh*t as 17 years ago: minoxidil, finasteride, and hair transplants.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    Logically you wouldn't think so, but new treatments for AA are sprouting up all over the place: from this study to Xeljanz to prednisone to steroid growth treatments. Yet what do AGA sufferers currently have? The same limited and mediocre sh*t as 17 years ago: minoxidil, finasteride, and hair transplants.
    That's true. I suppose I'm not as down on transplants as most of the people in this sub forum. That's a technology that's at least evolved significantly since the hair plugs of the 90's. There needs to be an additional medication besides fin to pair with it for most guys (which we don't have) but are you telling me a guy like Wes Welker doesn't look drastically better since his procedure? It's night and day IMO, which is why I'm holding out hope for Pilofocus.

Hey guys, just a word of warning to anyone wanting to trial this stuff. I've personally witnessed 4 patients who developed B-Cell Lymphoma and Leukemia, two of which died after using Biological arthritis drugs (Enbrel, Humira). These drugs as effective as they are, have some serious long term effects on our biology and a lot of these reports will be suppressed until the patents run out and the companies like Pfizer no longer make money on this stuff. Aesthetics as important as it is, doesn't come anywhere close to someones life! Tbh with you guys, even if this reversed AGA, there is no way I would take this stuff for an unlimited period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemo View Post
    How significantly different are your sides thinning compared to the top, if at all? I think AGA often present earlier in life, so you likely would have started to lose hair (even if just a patch) at an age when MPB wasn't normal (but don't quote me on that). I'm sure there is a blood/other test to determine but it sounds like you'll have to go to someone other than your derm to diagnose.
    My hair loss started at 38 y.o., now 45. The back is not as thin as the rest, but above my right ear is a thin patch ~ 1inch diameter. I'll go to a different derm. Thanks Hemo!

my hair is thin around my ears and bottom of the back of my head. can it be AA? o.O ive never thought about that. except this my hairloss is classic mpb( receding + thinning ar nw6 area)

Maybe that is how to get this tested. Someone with MPB can convince a dermatologist they have AA instead. We know it works for MPB if it regrows their hair. Maybe take a razer and shave spots to make it more convincing.