+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spiro S5 review

Default Spiro S5 review

Okay so some swear by it, others call it snake oil.

I'm about a month in, hair loss started about 4 months back and have been shedding all over like mad.

Also using regenepure 3 times a week and taking iron and krill oil tablets.

No minox or fin as of yet.

Okay, so, the S5 cream. I use the one from ************s. I'm in the UK so shipping took about 2 weeks.

Started out using it and got fed up because I still have a lot of hair (diffuse thinning) and it's hard to apply to the scalp. Anyway, I used it about once a day for a couple of weeks, took a week off and am back on it twice a day.

I will update this as time goes on. I'm basically just looking to halt the loss, no need for regrowth yet, and with any luck the S5 cream will help.

One thing I will say, since the loss started I suffered pretty painfully MPB itch and more often than not burning, when I apply Spiro cream the burn subsides considerably so I can only assume it's doing something.

Anyone have any Spiro stories? Not many on the net.

I'll update this as time goes on like I said.

I've been using it for about 3 months. Since trying Propecia 6 months ago I have insane MPB itch all along my hairline. Unfortunately the Spiro doesn't do anything to stop that so I doubt it's having any effect. It's such a hassle to apply because it makes your hair look terrible. I really wanted it to work because I'm running out of options.

Quote Originally Posted by Not giving up View Post
    Okay so some swear by it, others call it snake oil.

I'm about a month in, hair loss started about 4 months back and have been shedding all over like mad.

Also using regenepure 3 times a week and taking iron and krill oil tablets.

No minox or fin as of yet.

Okay, so, the S5 cream. I use the one from ************s. I'm in the UK so shipping took about 2 weeks.

Started out using it and got fed up because I still have a lot of hair (diffuse thinning) and it's hard to apply to the scalp. Anyway, I used it about once a day for a couple of weeks, took a week off and am back on it twice a day.

I will update this as time goes on. I'm basically just looking to halt the loss, no need for regrowth yet, and with any luck the S5 cream will help.

One thing I will say, since the loss started I suffered pretty painfully MPB itch and more often than not burning, when I apply Spiro cream the burn subsides considerably so I can only assume it's doing something.

Anyone have any Spiro stories? Not many on the net.

I'll update this as time goes on like I said.
    If you have painful itching, have you had your scalp looked at by a dermatologist? Make sure you get a scalp biopsy to rule out scarring alopicia, which causes permanent hairloss but is easily treated with topical steroids.

Thanks for the reply dench, sorry to hear it isn't working for you. I've lurked on a few other threads you post on and come across your story before, fin didn't work out for you and just resulted in up-regulation and a worsening of your overall hair right?
    I hope you find a topical that can halt any further loss for you bro and cause some regrowth. Keep fighting man.

I have S5 but I only put it on once in a while because of how many topicals I'm already using. When I notice a bit of itching -- whether hairloss itch or just scalp irritation from minoxidil/KB I don't know -- it does seem to calm it down immediately for me, too. Wish I could tell you more.

Yeah its just a nightmare to apply which sucks. Diffuse thinning sucks, I'm still in the early stages and trying to slow this down is such a hassle with anything topical.

I tried it religiously for about 5 or 6 months. Did nothing for me except make hair more greasy and thin looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Not giving up View Post
    Thanks for the reply dench, sorry to hear it isn't working for you. I've lurked on a few other threads you post on and come across your story before, fin didn't work out for you and just resulted in up-regulation and a worsening of your overall hair right?
    I hope you find a topical that can halt any further loss for you bro and cause some regrowth. Keep fighting man.
    Yeah permanently hyper-sensitive to DHT after I tried Propecia, just accelerated my MPB. Thanks for the words of support though.

I use the S5 bedtime cream before I go to bed, I did use it in the morning but like the other poster said it makes your hair look awful and even more thin. Sometimes is does stop to help the MPB itch along my hairline for maybe 20 mins, I guess thats just the cooling effect of the cream and not anything on a molecular level.

At least Fluridil is easy to apply and dries so quickly it doesn't make your hair look crappy. Shame there's no real evidence it works.

Just in case anyone ever comes across this and is curious (this was my old account) ... I stopped use of the S5 cream pretty quickly mainly because it's a bitch to use. I don't think it had any effect what so ever on my hair.
    It was almost impossible to apply and made my hair look like shit.
    If it does have any ability to work, along the hairline might be the best place to try it, but I'm afraid I can't really offer anything conclusive in regards to how effective it is.

Why don't you try the Spiro 2%. Its a liquid form, not a cream and goes on like minox..