+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Constantine View Post
    Thks Thomas for your advice...
    So you have been taking the BIG 3 ? How long have u been taking them?
    And how is your results so far? Btw, do you experience side effects on the propecia which reduce sex drive? And also does topical minoxidil has any side effects? Anyone can give me more advice or their opinions here? Thks!
    I have been using minoxodil for about a month, and nizoral for just over a week. There are no side effects from minox other than possible irritation of the scalp, but the nizoral will help with that. Propecia's negative effects are very rare but it is possible to have a lower sex drive or testicular pain. These side effects are often temporary.

As for results, I have experienced an increase in shedding which recently started slowing down. I'm starting to see little hairs sprouting up all over the top of my scalp and even at my hairline now, just after a month. So minox is definately working for me. I have a scheduled appointment with a local dermatologist next week who will hopefully be able to give me a prescription for proscar.

Also, someone else mentioned not to use nizoral every day. This is correct, the bottle clearly says not to use it more than once every 3-4 days. I use it every monday and friday. That way I am less likely to miss a day and it just makes it easier.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasW View Post
    I have been using minoxodil for about a month, and nizoral for just over a week. There are no side effects from minox other than possible irritation of the scalp, but the nizoral will help with that. Propecia's negative effects are very rare but it is possible to have a lower sex drive or testicular pain. These side effects are often temporary.

As for results, I have experienced an increase in shedding which recently started slowing down. I'm starting to see little hairs sprouting up all over the top of my scalp and even at my hairline now, just after a month. So minox is definately working for me. I have a scheduled appointment with a local dermatologist next week who will hopefully be able to give me a prescription for proscar.

Also, someone else mentioned not to use nizoral every day. This is correct, the bottle clearly says not to use it more than once every 3-4 days. I use it every monday and friday. That way I am less likely to miss a day and it just makes it easier.
    So applying minoxidil will normally cause a increase in shedding during initial phase as you mentioned...When you mentioned increase in shedding is about how many hairs drop? This symptom normally will last for how long?
    Does propecia cause increase in shedding too?
    Btw, propecia is recommended to consume at day or night time?
    And how many times you apply your minoxidil ?
    Thks!

Quote Originally Posted by Constantine View Post
    So applying minoxidil will normally cause a increase in shedding during initial phase as you mentioned...When you mentioned increase in shedding is about how many hairs drop? This symptom normally will last for how long?
    Does propecia cause increase in shedding too?
    Btw, propecia is recommended to consume at day or night time?
    And how many times you apply your minoxidil ?
    Thks!
    Not always, but usually minoxodil will cause some temporary shedding. Most of the time this just means its working, the weaker hair follices that have started to miniaturize are being pushed out and being replaced by stronger hairs. The shedding phase can last anywhere from 2 weeks to a couple of months, depending on how your using it. The shedding phase(this is just my personal opinion) will last a shorter period of time if you use it twice a day every day. I use minox twice a day currently, once in the morning after I shower and let my hair dry, and then again before I go to bed.

Propecia can also cause shedding but I think its less common. It would be consumed once a day, I'm not sure the time of day you take it really matters as long as your ingesting it every 24 hours. If you go to a doctor for a prescription I am sure he would give you all the small details you would need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasW View Post
    Not always, but usually minoxodil will cause some temporary shedding. Most of the time this just means its working, the weaker hair follices that have started to miniaturize are being pushed out and being replaced by stronger hairs. The shedding phase can last anywhere from 2 weeks to a couple of months, depending on how your using it. The shedding phase(this is just my personal opinion) will last a shorter period of time if you use it twice a day every day. I use minox twice a day currently, once in the morning after I shower and let my hair dry, and then again before I go to bed.

Propecia can also cause shedding but I think its less common. It would be consumed once a day, I'm not sure the time of day you take it really matters as long as your ingesting it every 24 hours. If you go to a doctor for a prescription I am sure he would give you all the small details you would need to know.
    So if i develop side effect from taking propecia or minoxidil, i can just stop it anytime right?
    Will my hair condition go back to the status before consuming propecia or make me lose even more hair if i stop taking propecia halfway..?
    The side effect of propecia is just sexdrive reduction ?
    Will it cause difficulty in erection?

Best med IMHO is Propecia (Proscar 5mg) all the very best. Shedding can occur along with some sides but often calm down once body has some time to get used tot he new drug. Sides more than often happy to guy waiting for them ;-)
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    Best med IMHO is Propecia (Proscar 5mg) all the very best. Shedding can occur along with some sides but often calm down once body has some time to get used tot he new drug. Sides more than often happy to guy waiting for them ;-)
    My scalp always get greasy easily after abt 8hrs after shampoo.. issit becos due to the DHT attack?
    Will taking propecia reduce my scalp oilyness?
    Any good shampoo that can improve my oily scalp?