Still losing hair after a year of propecia. (Advice Needed)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew21
    • Jun 2015

Buster - Are you considering using durastride or any topical antiandrogens as your next line of attack? Any recommendations?

Comment

• FlightTL
      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Ziggyz123
      Whey protein will not regrow anyone's hair nor does it stop the conversion to dht.. That formula is mainly for hair health.

Information and advice on hair loss, the treatments that work, and the ones that don't Plus photos, videos and comments from hair loss treatment users

I don't understand why you keep pushing a protein shake all over everyone's threads. Do you have any before and after a that can help us understand your view point on this?
      Whey is a great post workout shake though

Comment

• Buster
        • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Andrew21
        Buster - Are you considering using durastride or any topical antiandrogens as your next line of attack? Any recommendations?
        I've done some reading up on Dut, but to be honest, it seems a little scary to me. And I haven't read about any cases in the 3 years that I've been on here and other hair loss forums where someone was unsuccessful with Fin but was successful with Dut. I consider Minox every once in a while, so if I was going to do anything, it would be that.

Comment

• Gaby81
          • Jul 2015

Often, the medication prescribed for hair loss can irritate your scalp and cause the itching and flaking dandruff reaction. Minoxidil, which has been used to treat thinning hair, can cause dandruff-like conditions. Alcohol, which is used in Minoxidil, can dry the scalp over time leading to itching and scaling.

If this occurs, try using a dandruff shampoo several times a week or if that does not work, try switching your hair thinning medication.

Resource: http://www.shampootruth.com/does-dan...use-hair-loss/

Comment

• jamesst11
            • Jun 2014

I wouldn't take this generic whey protein, I would consider RAW meal. The stuff is amazing, packed full of nutrients directly form organic sprouts. http://www.naturalhealthyconcepts.co...FQ2OaQodlHsLhA

Comment

• Soonbald
              • Apr 2015

dude try what Herbaliser is doing go on his treatment it seems to work for him..im on his treatment btw...I also use minox+RU58841 for 2 months..no results yet and I have some strange thinning near my Crown area...my hair is thinner on the right side near my Crown area its so weird..my Crown got more hair than the sides of my Crown no idea why...anyway...your last line of attack is RU...doesnt work for everyone but you could try...best would be if you could Buzz cut your hair and dermaroll and apply the RU all over your scalp...I currently use 250mg of RU with a Little minoxidill no side effects at all..actually I have been using 7-8 ml of minoxidill a day and I havent had any side effects just Little "dizzyness" but its so Little that u barely notice it..but thats because I overdose on minox lol

Comment

• HappyC
                • Dec 2015

Have you considered trying a more natural approach? I just started taking this Chinese formula which seems to have a lot of positive feedback around the web

Seven Treasures For Hair Teapills by Plum Flower 200 teapills For premature graying of hair and alopecia. Get a Free 15 Minute Consultation with purchase.

Comment

• jamesst11
                  • Jun 2014

Originally posted by HappyC
                  Have you considered trying a more natural approach? I just started taking this Chinese formula which seems to have a lot of positive feedback around the web

https://www.acuatlanta.net/plum-flow...?mclick=search
                  "tonifies blood and tonifies liver" ??? what does that even mean?

Comment

• HappyC
                    • Dec 2015

Originally posted by jamesst11
                    "tonifies blood and tonifies liver" ??? what does that even mean?
                    It is Chinese medicine so that is referring to what that formula does within the Chinese system of healing (which is completely different than Western medicine).

I am not sure exactly what it means a I am not an acupuncturist, but the end result is that it is supposed to help with balding and hair thinning (which is my issue right now).

Comment

• BaldingEagle
                      • Oct 2015

Originally posted by HappyC
                      It is Chinese medicine so that is referring to what that formula does within the Chinese system of healing (which is completely different than Western medicine).

I am not sure exactly what it means a I am not an acupuncturist, but the end result is that it is supposed to help with balding and hair thinning (which is my issue right now).
                      It's useless garbage. Fact.

Comment

• HappyC
                        • Dec 2015

Originally posted by BaldingEagle
                        It's useless garbage. Fact.
                        Have you tried it?

For me, Propecia was useless (and expensive) garbage. I figure I might as well give it a shot before moving on to more drastic (and potentially unhealthy) measures.

Comment

• BaldingEagle
                          • Oct 2015

Why would I try something with no evidence at all?

We' all know if any of the home remedy garbage worked nobody would be bald.

Sorry to hear you're one of the unlucky 20% or so, that really sucks and I truly feel for you.

Comment

Working...