How Bright is the future?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Keki
    • Mar 2015

Sadly we still need propecia for sure, we can skip minox using something like adenosine maybe but we need to preserve our nordwood for at least 3-4 more years and hope we can switch to setipriprant+bim combo, that's what people should do

Comment

• BiqqieSmalls
      • Feb 2015

Originally posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready
      Regarding setipiprant, those trials are scheduled to begin by late 2015/early 2016. We'll know in the fall if SM progresses to phase 3. Allergan investor relations told poster "Biqqie Smalls" (who is a shareholder) in May that results for Bim would be out in "a few months." Bim could be in phase 3 right now for all we know.
      The merger of Allergan and $KYTH should explain Bim's positive Phase II results. I am 99% sure that Allergan is continuing to develop it.

Comment

• dus
        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Keki
        Sadly we still need propecia for sure, we can skip minox using something like adenosine maybe but we need to preserve our nordwood for at least 3-4 more years and hope we can switch to setipriprant+bim combo, that's what people should do
        3-4 years... why not make it 5 ? Shit this is depressing. Could up the game with RU besides fin but don't feel like putting that shit on my head for 4 years.

Comment

• Arieux
          • Jun 2015

Seti + bim is very promissing, but the most important thing we are waiting for is, in my opinion, Replicel (or other cell therapy). The reason is simple: it will be a permanent solution. It wouldn't be a miracle cure for NW7, but it will stop further hairloss for balding people and give some regrowth. Along with good HT - the problem will be solved without the necessity of taking drugs forever.

Comment

• Swooping
            • May 2014

In 5 years maybe you can expect some new therapies alongside the current ones we have with a more favorable profile of side effects. That's about it unfortunately.

Till then finasteride, ru58841, minoxidil, dutasteride

Comment

• Sogeking
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready
              There's also the strong possibility that clincal trials will be reformed to make them shorter, more efficient with the "21st Century Cures Act." Anyone on here interested in a new treatment should look into it, because if it is signed into law (which will happen sometime during the winter), the time to market for a drug like Seti should be cut down significantly.
              This is the most important thing to look forward too. The treatments discussed here (like bim, seti , CB etc.) might not be so effective but cutting down the time and financial requirements of doing trials will allow any new upcoming treatments and/or cure to come to market faster.

Currently we have to wait 10+ years if a cure happens to be discovered in lab setting from today onward. With this they might speed things up.
              I also don't understand the skepticism towards Histogen, they showed best cosmetically viable results out of all treatments.

We don't know if any of the upcoming treatments will actually work. CB had very good Phase 1 results but when people actually tried it: zip, zero, nilch, nadda...
              They said it is the vehicle however Desmond posted the info about a better vehicle still haven't heard anything.

Comment

• burtandernie
                • Nov 2012

I would rather take a drug forever than go through some type of invasive procedure. Although I would feel better taking a drug forever the safer that drug was.

Comment

• potato1987
                  • Mar 2014

Thanks for the response, can you link me a source for " Bimatoprost - soon, results of recent phase will be next year" cheers mate

Comment

Working...