+ Reply to Thread

Default I want all my legs hairs transplanted! Am I crazy?

Hi,

Im going to have a 3500 fue for the front and mildscalp. But I have a not very good donor area so I think to have the maximum of my legs hairs transplanted to put in the crown and add density all over. Im nwd 4/5 and I need 4500-5000 grafts for all the top.

I have a lot of leg and thigh hairs, they are not curly at all and long (more than 2cm), and they really look like my real hair (color, caliber)
    I saw a post on this forum where a man calculated precisely the average grafts numbers for a person who is moderately hairy.
    And the number is 6000 grafts. I saw a clinical trial result about bht HT and legs hair are the second more effective behind beard hair. Approx 50 to 60% of legs grafts transplanted grows successfully. They also note that a leg hair grow longer

So in a low average, I could have 3000 grafts that would grow and that could change drastically my future HT result. What you think?

Is there any problems that I don't see in that plan? Am I going crazy? haha
    thanks and sorry for my english

lacazette,

Did you have prior HT procedures and used up your scalp donor? Or did you have your scalp donor evaluated by a doctor who stated that your scalp donor could not be used?

We all need to be careful as to not base the success of BH donor on just a few several cases. The overall success of BH transplant procedures is anything but consistent.

Chest hair appears to be more favored as a primary BH donor source by those surgeons who offer BH procedures. Could this be because of the more consistent yields? I think so yet it's very hard to say because again, the results vary widely between individuals.

It takes a large volume of confirmed individual cases in order to determine any type of consistency or confirmation as to the regrowth and yields, not to mention the consistency of the characteristics of the regrown hair shafts being compatible with native scalp hair in the recipient area.

That is a significant problem with beard donor. Beard grafts are almost always more coarser than native scalp hair and can at times have completely different characteristics when it is moved to the scalp region.

And like many other individuals who surf these hair loss communities, I have been waiting to see more matured beard grafting cases but have not seen many if any showcase their results other than a few repair cases. Beard donor is a great source for scar repair but IMHO not a very good donor choice for the use in the frontal zone, especially hair line restoration. I imagine it can also be used in the less visual impact zones like the crown but again, have not seen any guys previewing their matured cases. There was a lot of hype about beard graft cases but it has died down for the obvious reasons.

Lastly, I would encourage you or anyone else considering using BH to always start with a small trial session to see how you respond. Did the yields, visual compatibility, length of regrowth, etc., meet your satisfaction? If yes, than you can move forward with a larger session but if not, you will save yourself a lot of money and disappointment.

Best wishes to you in your journey.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

There are very few docs that can do this successfully. One of them is located in California. He is able to do regular scalp donor fue extractions as well as beard and body hairs effectively. Some other clinics are also learning how to do this. Most primarily consider beard as a secondary donor area, but very few go one step further and are able to achieve something with leg hair.