+ Reply to Thread

Default Propecia 2nd year?

Ok so been on propecia 1 year, and I think that may hair loss has pretty much stopped or slowed down significantly. However I feel like it took about 10 or so months for it to really start working. So my question is can I expect any improvement over the the 2nd year of treatment, or is the best I can hope for is to keep the hair at status quo?

-Anyone have contiuned improvement over the 2nd year? I also have been using 2% keto shampoo about 3 times a week since mid october.

Thanks!

I started propecia very early on! ! continued to have hair loss but only in the temples and only the very front of the forlock. I'm not sure how much you will regrow but imagine how much more you would have lost without taking propecia. I was thankful of what propecia did save. i just recently had 1767 graphs placed into my hairline. I'm hoping that the finasteride keeps my crown as strong as it has....so far no loss in the crown or any where else. That's one of the reasons my doctor felt comfortable dense packing my hairline.....also that I'm 38 years old. Also been on propecia and the generic proscar since around 2003.

hey thanks for the response. I was curious cause ive read a bunch of places that best results are at the 2 year mark. The front of my hair has gotten worse since starting the drug but i agree with you in saying i woud be much worse of without it. I dont really ever see myself getting a transplant, due to a fear i have that it would look horrible and id have a big scar, and in that case i would much rather be bald! However i am very happy that you had a great transplant!