+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggyz123 View Post
    Wow very interesting thread. I actually took in a stray cat because he need help. He got mauled by another cat, is like half blind and afraid of his shadow, and a runt. So anyway, I had him until he got better, but he still lives with me. I had his litter box in my room because my dad wanted it out of his face and that cat also slept in my room. Coincidentally, I had burning and inflammation that happened in November with hairloss. I also got a rash under my armpit, was sensitive to cologne, and got a stye in my left eye. I thought I became allergic to pg in minox and had to quit.

My bio teacher actually suggested that I might have a parasite from the cat and coincidentally he had worms lol. I never looked into it too much but I will look into T. Gondii. Thanks

I was trying to find out whether protozoa can gain entrance into the body by the eye.
    Bacteria and viruses can so just guessing I would say yes. But, I didnt find an answer to that for certain.

But..do you have "floaters" that look like parasites. I do. I noticed them along time ago. I can remember them even as a child. Did T. gondii stay latent(if its there) in my body to wait for higher testosterone to come along? Absolutely dont know...

http://www.justanswer.com/eye-health...-protozoa.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/?title=Toxoplasmosis

"Cutaneous toxoplasmosis[edit]
    While rare, skin lesions may occur in the acquired form of the disease, including roseola and erythema multiforme-like eruptions, prurigo-like nodules, urticaria, and maculopapular lesions. Newborns may have punctate macules, ecchymoses, or “blueberry muffin” lesions. Diagnosis of cutaneous toxoplasmosis is based on the tachyzoite form of T. gondii being found in the epidermis.[22] It is found in all levels of the epidermis, is about 6 μm by 2 μm and bow-shaped, with the nucleus being one-third of its size. It can be identified by electron microscopy or by Giemsa staining tissue where the cytoplasm shows blue, the nucleus red.[23]"

About at age 10, I developed urticaria(hives) from the cat presumably. After, we got rid of the cat, I had no more hive breakouts. There was no hair loss. There was almost zero contact with cats up until age 17 when I developed the mpb.

I'm sure there are various allergic responses that trigger hives that have nothing to do with T. gondii so this was no guarantee that I was infected.

http://www.growyouthful.com/ailment/floaters-eye.php

Causes of floaters

Embryonic origin. The smallest spots are present in most people's eyes, and come from remnants of embryonic structures in the vitreous humour.

The result of injury, trauma or surgery such as a cataract operation. In some cases the sufferer had them before, but only took notice after the injury.

Degenerative changes of the vitreous humour or retina related to ageing.
    (Me: as a child noticing them would be hard to accept as being age related)

Toxoplasmosis (parasitic infection by the protozoa toxoplasma gondii).

Congenital (less common).

Me: I cant be seeing a parasite(no way). You need microscopes to see protozoa. However, floaters can be caused by T. gondii

I just about vomit seeing people let their pets lick their faces or swap spit.

http://pets.webmd.com/news/20110114/...bedbugs?page=2

I cant find the page right now but even dogs carry a parasite which can cause blindness.
    One guy let his dog sleep on the bed with him developed blindness.

Quote Originally Posted by qwanlee View Post
    I just about vomit seeing people let their pets lick their faces or swap spit.

http://pets.webmd.com/news/20110114/...bedbugs?page=2

I cant find the page right now but even dogs carry a parasite which can cause blindness.
    One guy let his dog sleep on the bed with him developed blindness.
    Hahah, I hear you on that one. As for the floaters, definitely remember seeing some not recently though. Just for shits, my bio teacher thought I might have had cutaneous larva migrins. Never really thought much into it, but as for t. Gondii, there were times when I would pick up random turds on my floor that were hard with my hand and put them in a bag.. That's actually one of the ways people can get t. Gondii so who knows. I did experience a boost of testosterone though and thought it was reflex hyperandro.

So, this lady having lyme disease develops floaters and hair loss at the same time.
    http://www.healingwell.com/community...f=30&m=2350415

Since, my previous post said T. gondii can be a factor in floaters developing, I see that ticks can carry the lyme disease bacteria and maybe T. gondii

http://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2185

A poster in another forum along time ago said the Mayo Clinic said minocycline can stop mpb about sixty percent of the time. Would the drug combination used in lyme disease bring that number up?

Search floaters and hair loss. Some of the other hair website members are asking about floaters too. Why are they on a hair loss site asking about floaters? People get floaters without T.gondii but it does seem odd....

Have we caught our culprit? Ticks can spread T.gondii and lyme disease at the same time:

http://www.nczonline.net/blog/2014/0...-lyme-disease/

"I started getting bizarre skin rashes that doctors couldn’t identify. I started losing my hair in my early 20s despite a favorable family history regarding male pattern baldness holding out until middle age."

http://www.hairlossfight.com/forums/...p?p=1899#p1899

Activity of minocycline against Toxoplasma gondii infection in mice.
    Chang HR1, Comte R, Piguet PF, Pechère JC.
    Author information
    Abstract
    The chemotherapeutic activity of minocycline, a semi-synthetic tetracycline analogue, was evaluated in a murine model of toxoplasmosis. A lethal acute toxoplasmosis was produced by injecting 10(5) tachyzoites of the RH strain of Toxoplasma gondii into the peritoneal cavities of Swiss-Webster mice.

When infected mice were treated once daily for 12 days, starting 2 h after challenge, the survival and cure rates were 100% and 40% respectively after minocycline alone (100 mg/kg per day)

, 0% and 0% after pyrimethamine alone (8.5 mg/kg per day), and 100% and 50% after combination of the two drugs at the same dosages.

Absolute survival and cure with minocycline were observed when mice were treated with two daily doses of 100 mg/kg for 12 days.

Mice chronically infected with a low virulent strain of T. gondii (Me49) showed a significant reduction in the number of brain cysts after three weeks of treatment with 50 mg/kg per day of minocycline. Minocycline serum levels after a single oral administration of 50 mg/kg or 100 mg/kg to normal mice, peaked at 1.8 mg/l and 10 mg/l after 1 h, respectively, and showed an extended half-life.

Here's some symptoms of T. gondii: (I underlined the ones applying to me.)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/heal...-to-a-cat.html

A 1996 survey by the Toxoplasmosis Trust, which is run by the baby charity Tommy's, cites the most frequent symptoms as: __exhaustion___, swollen neck glands, headaches, fever, painful joints, sore throat, night sweats, dizziness, mood swings, photophobia (discomfort in bright light), loss of appetite and weight, skin disorders, and… ____excessive thirst___. Bingo! The trust's literature goes on: "… diagnosis is often delayed or difficult" – by eight months in my case, but at least I finally have a diagnosis. Now, how about some treatment?

This is extremely vague and subjective but when I used to run track in high school, I remember actually yawning when completing a race. Who does that? I even remember that as being extremely unusual because I was an athlete my whole life and never experienced that before. That was around the time I started balding before my senior year.