+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Is there a way that I can hide/treat my hair loss? 19 yo.. (pics)

Hey guys, I hope you're all doing great, I'm completly depressed right now because 3 days ago, a girl that I was going out with, noticed that I was balding..and basically she never talked to me back. The last thing she said was "I thought you were different", as some kind of excuse, because I'm pretty sure I did nothing wrong

I've been reading every single thread about topicals, people with same problems, etc, and I yet don't know what to do with my hair/my life, since not even my parents are willing to give me a hand, cause they don't see this as some kind of "desease".. They weren't even letting me take finasteride 2 years ago because of the sides it COULD (but did not) do to me. Sadly, I couldn't see any results within these 2 years..

Well, here are some pictures of how I currently look, please feel free to say what could I do to "hide" my hair loss:

---------------------------
    http://imgur.com/lmHuUf4 - with fringe
    http://imgur.com/goLXRQT - no fringe

http://imgur.com/qFrTAxa - reason for why I'm getting "verbally abused"
    ---------------------------

In case you ask something related to this... :

Medicaments?

- Finasteride 1mg + minox for 2 years (17-19), no sides, but no "results" either.

Dermatologist or any test taken?

- I went to a dermatologist once when I was 17, she looked at my head and said I had to take finasteride and minoxidil, that was it. No tests were made.

Family that is bald?

- My dad is the only one who started loosing his hair during his late 30's, the rest of my family (mother included have full heads of hair)

When did your hair loss start?

- When I hit 15, which was when my parents divorced, but If that was the problem, I would've gotten my hair back already, I think..

How is your hair density?

- If i open my hair on any part of my head it will look somewhat like that, I don't have much hair on my sides either (compared to my friends) but since my hair is curly, I'm capable of hiding some places.

Would you consider shaving your head?

- Sadly, no. As you can see, I don't look exactly like a man for 19 years old. I'm too white, and I don't have any facial hair..

So far a guy said that I should try a "derma-roller" and another guy said to try RU, but I read the thread about its procedure and I have no clue on how to get those items + costs quite high for a student.. I think the only possible way would be buying it already made, but I'm afraid it would cost alot more than minox + finasteride.

Thanks for the time reading this, and I'm sorry if I look too desperate, but damn, life is getting really hard to live right now, and this is heavily influencing my grades

So far a guy said that I should try a "derma-roller" and another guy said to try RU, but I read the thread about its procedure and I have no clue on how to get those items + costs quite high for a student.. I think the only possible way would be buying it already made, but I'm afraid it would cost alot more than minox + finasteride.
    There are a few places which RU is available via internet. In Poland everybody gets it from our local site: http://edt.com.pl/reschem/Produkty/ru58841/
    I was considering trying it, but I really can't stop to hesitate. Taking for X years [where X is a number of years for a real cure like Replicel...] a substance which didn't complete human trials and whose long-term sides aren't known? Generally, if systematic absorbtion occurs, it may give you sides similiar to other antiandrogens like Finasteride. You didn't have any sides of it, so maybe you will also avoid it with RU? There is a polish hair loss forum whose users take RU regularly and it is just incomprehensible for me that they don't consider possible non-known sides. Or maybe it is my wrong attitude to overthink it...

I would advise you also to take some suplements on daily basis (Biotin), because it may improve your general hair condition.

When it comes to hiding your problem: maybe you may consider some Toppik (or other similiar product) only on the top? Without photo nr 3 I would never say that you have any hair problems! Btw. you look very good with this hairstyle.

Hey guys, I hope you're all doing great, I'm completly depressed right now because 3 days ago, a girl that I was going out with, noticed that I was balding..and basically she never talked to me back. The last thing she said was "I thought you were different", as some kind of excuse, because I'm pretty sure I did nothing wrong ]
    Anyway you are in better position than me, because I am so depressed that I even can't think about any relationship now...

If you were under a lot of stress when your parents divorced, you have stress related hair loss. That's why Fin hasn't helped at all. Stress related hair loss ends only when your stress levels subside. You sound like you are stressed out in every post.
    Stress related hair loss is far easier to treat then MPB. You just need to learn to control your stress. Exercise is probably the best way to control stress. Google what else you can do to control your stress levels. The girl probably left because of your self esteem issues, not your thinning crown. Girls leave when you are not confident. From what my doctor told me about growth factors, the best responders to such treatments are those who suffer from stress related hair loss so stop mopping and start rolling. It costs like $10.

Thanks for your answers both Arieux and Vic (once again ! ), I wish the problem was due to a bad nutrition (I'll talk with my parents about the possibility of taking something like Biotin), or stress..but the thing is... there is no way to check if I'm really suffering from mpb or hair loss due to stress right?..is there some kind of exam that I can take to know what my real issue is ...?

@Arieux, I feel how bad it is mate...I wish we could help eachother out, it's during these moments that we need a friendly hand, at the end of the day.

All those things you guys say, RU, Nutri-meds, etc etc..I wish I could try it all out and see if any of it would work...but I don't have enough money to afford so much while still taking finasteride and minoxidil

@Vic, I think you can understand my situation concerning stress (like everyone else who's suffering from mpb). I know I lost most of my hair when my dad used to beat me and my mom, then the divorce.. But it's been 4 years, and I'm still in a quite bad situation for a 19 years old teen. It's really hard to be ok when you have people laughing about your lack of hair behind you, when you see that it is slowly consuming you.. every time I go cut my hair, it's like staying 10-15mins in hell, just the look of the person who's doing the job saying deep inside "poor guy, loosing all his hair so young.." . It's pretty devastating and I think most of you can relate to.

The thing, I cannot talk about these problems with ANYONE..not even my closest friends. They can't understand my frustation with hair loss because, well, they're not in the same position. Nor can they understand how fragile my past years were cause, once again, they never had anything like that...

It's horrible feeling all this pain, all this fear taking you down. And you don't have anyone to talk with that can understand such a thing..

Quote Originally Posted by Vunoo View Post
    there is no way to check if I'm really suffering from mpb or hair loss due to stress right?..is there some kind of exam that I can take to know what my real issue is ...?
    Yes, there are some methods like trichograms, microcamera etc. which may help you to recognize better your problem. In Poland there are some ,,trichologists'', but majority of them are real ignorants with the knowledge of MPB smaller than average member of this forum... Generally if you are losing hair on 'androgenical' places (crown + hairline) it is MPB. If you are losing them on the whole this area at the same time: it is diffused MPB. If you are losing them on the whole head, but without special concentration on androgenical places, it is most probably unpatterned diffuse hair loss. If you have problem only on the top and a little worse overall condition, it is most probably classical MBP with telogen effuvium - temporal hair loss which may be caused mainly by stress and it will give away after removal of stress factor. It is probably my problem, but how can remove stress factor if this factor is my hairloss? I can't see any exit from this vicious circle...

You've realized this early and you are very facially attractive in the pretty boy style which will be reduced when you bald. Find a moderately attractive woman and wife her up. Hide your baldness with caps, slouch beanies, toppik till you have a woman locked down. You have 5 maybe 6 years before this becomes a serious problem for you. Don't waste your time, get the toppik and do EVERYTHING you can to find a wife. **** grades, they are a waste of your precious non-bald time.

Quote Originally Posted by atthekeysbored View Post
    You've realized this early and you are very facially attractive in the pretty boy style which will be reduced when you bald. Find a moderately attractive woman and wife her up. Hide your baldness with caps, slouch beanies, toppik till you have a woman locked down. You have 5 maybe 6 years before this becomes a serious problem for you. Don't waste your time, get the toppik and do EVERYTHING you can to find a wife. **** grades, they are a waste of your precious non-bald time.
    Wha..I gotta finish my grades man otherwise my parents will kick me out, and how would I pay my bills later on if I end up making a family?

But yeah, it really sucks..it's like god telling us "Hey mate ! Just letting you know, live your life while you can, 'cause soon it will be GONE!". It completly breaks my heart...

Thank you very much for your point of view nonetheless, you are quite sincere and you probably already know about the inevitable, it sucks but..yeah, that's the truth. =/

buzz your hair really short.. grow some facial scruff.. The only time balding looks really bad is when you have long hair.....

and I can guarantee you that girl did not leave you because she noticed you losing hair.. its just your paranoia.. when you think there is something wrong with you then you will automatically blame that thing in this case your perceived hair loss

Quote Originally Posted by sootellme View Post
    buzz your hair really short.. grow some facial scruff.. The only time balding looks really bad is when you have long hair.....

and I can guarantee you that girl did not leave you because she noticed you losing hair.. its just your paranoia.. when you think there is something wrong with you then you will automatically blame that thing in this case your perceived hair loss
    Thanks for your advice mate, but as I said, I can't grow any facial hair, sadly =/

I would still try and buzz it real short.. and see how it looks.. it will grow back.. you have strong eye brows and good eyes so you should still be able to pull it off..